hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
**** we aren't playing but how often has DerrWayne referred to us?

He is a very strange man.
My father in law just waved the phone around and said "Look at the score"

They've all got chips on their shoulders.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, "those 3 youngsters have contributed as much as Wingard and Polec"....lack of football knowledge...again by you.
Rozee has had a better 2019 than Wingards 2018.

Duursma and Butters has Polec covered.

But you are missing the point, you’ve claimed Port will miss Wingard and Polec when Gray and co retire, no they won’t because these kids will all be quality players with Rozee an outright gun. This is their first year and they are producing this level of football.

Your football knowledge revolves around “Crows are good”

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
I honestly disagree. The club is so insular, it’s not funny. They don’t care about anything or anyone outside of their own 4 walls. They do everything right, and everyone else is wrong.

They won’t care if Port Power win 8 premiership in a row as long as we have out 80,000 plus members and 45 to 50,000 match day attendance sign up.

The only way they will make a change is when our membership numbers, sponsorship dollars and profit and loss statements take a massive negative impact.

Nah. The club takes notice of our neighbour. And we respond.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

But you are missing the point, you’ve claimed Port will miss Wingard and Polec when Gray and co retire, no they won’t because these kids will all be quality players with Rozee an outright gun. This is their first year and they are producing this level of football.

Polec nearly won their BnF, Wingard was top 4 I think.

But the premise of your post is correct

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Ruck balance is a lot better with Ryder and Ladams, why did they buy Lycett for 5 years on $600K per year as Ryder will has 2 years left.....
Because Ryder doesn't have 2 years left at Port.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

No you've missed my point, you are saying these 20-21 years old will replace Gray and Boak instead of 2 of their top 4 player entering their prime....WOW.

If we dont win today the finals are gone, port will make the 8... they may still make the 8 even if we win today but lose to west coast and/or collingwood
Port play well against West Coast in Perth and Collingwood are rubbish. I'd back Port to beat either of those.

If we dont win today the finals are gone, port will make the 8... they may still make the 8 even if we win today but lose to west coast and/or collingwood

Hope so.

Sick of this "we're still in the top 8" crap being spouted by everyone from the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
I misread your post, I thought you said that's who Port will play in the finals.
I actually think its in our best intrests to have port finish 8th and us 9th.... firstly we won't be humiliated in another final on the mcg, all our draft picks will be before Port, we might actually get some change within our club and the golden ticket of they'll keep Ken in charge.

mr.sheen

Debutant
Oct 24, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Played down back and shown he had the potential to be an AA, nearly there but development has stalled this year, he was in the under 23 years old AA squad.

He was named in the under 22 squad (not even making the final under 22 squad—only dodee from the crows got that honour), and wasn’t even in the 40 for the real AA. Sorry, he wasn’t almost. He was almost almost. Which isn’t something to gloat about. Again, I see potential in him, but the potential in Rozee far surpasses him. How much longer do we need to live off pure potential for Milera, who is in his fourth year. To compare, both Dangerfield and Smith were in the AA team on their fourth/fifth years at the club.

I agree that Port’s worry is that they lack a core middle group to cover them once their aging list retires in the next couple of years, but I don’t think Polec or Wingard were much leaders for them regardless. I don’t think anyone would argue that port drafted exceptionally well last year— and although their hand was forced with Polec and Wingard leaving— they made the absolute most of it in a “super draft” year. Their biggest mistake was trading in lazy nothing players like Motlop or Rocky to fill in the middle. I keep waiting for this list to click cause I do see them having tons of potential. The base is there— Moving forward if they can somehow trade in (and history says they can given players seem to always request Port over Crows...) some players of the correct age group they will bounce back in my mind. Comparing to the crows I don’t see such a solid base of young kids just yet (and the good ones also keep leaving for some strange reason) but I’m hoping very much I’m wrong.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can we please understand that Port are woefully inconsistent and Essendon just got over Gold Coast, yes Gold Coast and we were nearly 6 goals up just before halftime.

In the scheme of things Port probably won’t beat the Kangaroos and their record will be 11-11 at best.

Now what could happen is we might actually finish 10th assuming Bulldogs snag wins against Essendon and us and they might jag one of either Brisbane or GWS.

If Bulldogs win tomorrow they will make the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back