2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to Jordan Lewis it should be virtually impossible to put anything other than urine in the jar during the test.

Sounds like the testers may have ****ed up.

So according to Jordan Lewis it should be virtually impossible to put anything other than urine in the jar during the test.

Riloi if has nothing to hide, could be multi millionaire at the end of all this. Not to mention the Eagles could and should sue as well.

Apparently they've known for 3 weeks now.

Surely if there was a * up they would have realised by now.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

I know people involved with urine testing and this isn't true. It's hard to do, but not impossible.

If the testers saw someone attempting to tamper, they don't say "no, have another go", they report it and test the sample. It's the responsibility of the player to provide a sample and follow the protocols. If they don't the observers report this.

If the testers saw someone attempting to tamper, they don't say "no, have another go", they report it and test the sample. It's the responsibility of the player to provide a sample and follow the protocols. If they don't the observers report this.

The test also tests for both banned substances and urine itself.

Obviously this is to make sure people don't just put in gold Gatorade. But it seems Willie is an idiot and thought they only test for drugs, so he thought Gatorade would fool it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have any of you guys watch VFL360 tonight?

Jordan Lewis explained the process. He did it just two months ago.

Its impossible for Rioli to do what is said he did, he said. T shirt lifted up, pants and undies dropped to your knees. A guy/girl (from ASADA) stands in front of you while you provide the specimen, after you do it, they check for colour, temp and one or two other things at the time, before sealing it away.

The Eagles lawyers are going to have a field day and tear ASADA a new one.

Have any of you guys watch VFL360 tonight?

Jordan Lewis explained the process. He did it just two months ago.

Its impossible for Rioli to do what is said he did, he said. T shirt lifted up, pants and undies dropped to your knees. A guy/girl (from ASADA) stands in front of you while you provide the specimen, after you do it, they check for colour, temp and one or two other things at the time, before sealing it away.

The Eagles lawyers are going to have a field day and tear ASADA a new one.

Nah it's not. You could turn around or step away to give the sample and tamper with it then. After that, the tester will ask you to re-do the sample in full view. However they will already have received the tampered sample, and possibly seen you trying to tamper it.

Generally speaking the testers will make no attempt to stop you from concealing the sample because that can be a method of catching players. But they will always ask for another sample in full view

Couldn't you just do the Whoa what's that over there? and slip the Gatorade into the jar while they're distracted

Finished!

What was it?

Ummm... I thought that picture was falling off the wall

Nah it's not. You could turn around or step away to give the sample and tamper with it then. After that, the tester will ask you to re-do the sample in full view. However they will already have received the tampered sample, and possibly seen you trying to tamper it.

Generally speaking the testers will make no attempt to stop you from concealing the sample because that can be a method of catching players. But they will always ask for another sample in full view

Glory be, if the ASADA guidelines are that fluid where you can go for walkabouts and give a sample and come back their system is flawed.

What if the sample in full view is negative, but the first sample provided is "red bull" as Herald Sun alleges. It sounds like bs to me.

I genuinely think he is going to legally get off because of ASADA's guidelines not being stringent in the way you produce a sample.

Couldn't you just do the Whoa what's that over there? and slip the Gatorade into the jar while they're distracted

Finished!

What was it?

Ummm... I thought that picture was falling off the wall

T shirt pulled up, pants wrapped around your ankles?

Rioli contrary to the goals he scored is no magician.

Glory be, if the ASADA guidelines are that fluid where you can go for walkabouts and give a sample and come back their system is flawed.

What if the sample in full view is negative, but the first sample provided is "red bull" as Herald Sun alleges. It sounds like bs to me.

I genuinely think he is going to legally get off because of ASADA's guidelines not being stringent in the way you produce a sample.

No it's not. The whole point is to catch players trying to dodge the system. They will always get a sample in full view, but they'll happily let a player tamper with the first sample because that's against the rules and you'll get banned.

I'm guessing Rioli turned his back and tried to pour Gatorade in the container. The tester would then seal that sample. After that, they'd say "I need a sample from you in full view" and get a second sample. The tester might have even seen the tampering. The first sample would have been tested and come back as not urine. Bam, you're busted.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't even matter if the second sample is negative. The mere act of tampering or incorrectly producing a sample is a violation

No it's not. The whole point is to catch players trying to dodge the system. They will always get a sample in full view, but they'll happily let a player tamper with the first sample because that's against the rules and you'll get banned.

I'm guessing Rioli turned his back and tried to pour Gatorade in the container. The tester would then seal that sample. After that, they'd say "I need a sample from you in full view" and get a second sample. The tester might have even seen the tampering. The first sample would have been tested and come back as not urine. Bam, you're busted.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't even matter if the second sample is negative. The mere act of tampering or incorrectly producing a sample is a violation

Im not saying you are wrong. I just dont believe they allowed a player to go for walkabouts. Something doesnt add up.

I genuinely believe an ASADA official has stuffed up.

Athlete responsibilities

During the sample collection athletes have the responsibility to:

• remain within direct observation of the DCO or Chaperone at all times from the point of notification until the completion of the sample collection procedure
  • produce appropriate identification
  • comply with the directions of the DCO and Chaperone during the sample collection session
  • report immediately for a test, unless there is a valid reason for a delay.

Im not saying you are wrong. I just dont believe they allowed a player to go for walkabouts. Something doesnt add up.

I genuinely believe an ASADA official has stuffed up.

Athlete responsibilities

During the sample collection athletes have the responsibility to:

• remain within direct observation of the DCO or Chaperone at all times from the point of notification until the completion of the sample collection procedure
  • produce appropriate identification
  • comply with the directions of the DCO and Chaperone during the sample collection session
  • report immediately for a test, unless there is a valid reason for a delay.

Yes, it's the athlete's responsibility, not the tester. The tester doesn't give a * what the player does. The player could run away. Everything BUT giving a sample in direct observation is a violation

ASADA aren't there to police the collection and ensure it's up to code. It's on the player to deliver a sample in the correct method, although generally the tester will just request as many samples as it takes until the player produces one under direct observation

Yes, it's the athlete's responsibility, not the tester. The tester doesn't give a fu** what the player does. The player could run away. Everything BUT giving a sample in direct observation is a violation

ASADA aren't there to police the collection and ensure it's up to code. It's on the player to deliver a sample in the correct method, although generally the tester will just request as many samples as it takes until the player produces one under direct observation

This is the procedure. Im just not sure how the hell Rioli produces a sample that isnt urine.

5. Providing the sample
Urine sample provision

Only a Chaperone (or DCO) of the same gender is permitted in the area of privacy when the athlete provides the sample. If the athlete is under 18 years of age, they may request their representative be present.The Chaperone (or DCO) will directly witness the urine sample leaving the athlete's body and going into the collection vessel.
An athlete providing a urine sample, witnessed by a Chaperone.

The athlete is required to thoroughly wash and dry their hands before providing a urine sample. They are also required to remove any clothing from the knees to the mid-torso and from the hands to the elbows.

The athlete is responsible for controlling their sample and keeping it in view of the DCO or Chaperone until it is sealed in a sample collection kit.

If the athlete provides a sample less than the required volume, they are required to temporarily seal it and provide further volume.

The first urine sample(s) that an athlete is able to provide post notification must be collected.

This is the procedure. Im just not sure how the hell Rioli produces a sample that isnt urine.

5. Providing the sample
Urine sample provision

Only a Chaperone (or DCO) of the same gender is permitted in the area of privacy when the athlete provides the sample. If the athlete is under 18 years of age, they may request their representative be present.The Chaperone (or DCO) will directly witness the urine sample leaving the athlete's body and going into the collection vessel.
An athlete providing a urine sample, witnessed by a Chaperone.

The athlete is required to thoroughly wash and dry their hands before providing a urine sample. They are also required to remove any clothing from the knees to the mid-torso and from the hands to the elbows.

The athlete is responsible for controlling their sample and keeping it in view of the DCO or Chaperone until it is sealed in a sample collection kit.

If the athlete provides a sample less than the required volume, they are required to temporarily seal it and provide further volume.

The first urine sample(s) that an athlete is able to provide post notification must be collected.

I think you aren't getting it.

The ATHLETE is responsible. The ATHLETE. One more time. ATHLETE.

The testing officer is not responsible.

The athlete can do whatever they like, but if it is not done in the proper method it will be noted. Any non compliance can be a violation. The athletes know exactly what the procedure is, they'll often be reminded of it at the time. If they decide not to follow the instructions, that's their choice, they are allowed to. But it will likely be a violation. So you'd be an idiot to do it.

Rioli would have idiotically not followed the procedure. The tester would have gone "huh, I'll note that down". He'd then request the procedure be followed properly. Busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back