BigFooty Phantom
Mar 20, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide, Kenilworth
I had to smile at this post on the port power board on sept 9th:

Janus said:
"But with a piece of individual brilliance, Power-listed key forward Billy Frampton miraculously threw the ball onto his boot just as it was about to cross the boundary line in the Eddie Betts pocket at Adelaide Oval and it landed in the grateful arms of fellow forward Todd Marshall in the goalsquare. I will never, ever refer to the North-Eastern pocket of Adelaide Oval by this term.
It will now be known as the Billy Frampton pocket. "

cleanhands

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Janus said:
"But with a piece of individual brilliance, Power-listed key forward Billy Frampton miraculously threw the ball onto his boot just as it was about to cross the boundary line in the Eddie Betts pocket at Adelaide Oval and it landed in the grateful arms of fellow forward Todd Marshall in the goalsquare. I will never, ever refer to the North-Eastern pocket of Adelaide Oval by this term.
How would someone from there know which way was north, south,east or west🤷‍♂️

Dandy_GO

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 25, 2005
Yunnan, China
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Sunderland
I'm actually surprised that it didn't come up years ago. Only 4 of them have played 100+ games for St Mary's.
I reckon they probably did reach it at least a little while earlier - Dean isn't on the list and I'm pretty sure he played a bit of footy up there after finishing with Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddies Pocket

In Need Of A New Name
Aug 13, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Janus said:
Well I was thinking of changing my name.

Vader

Sith Lord
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows

Top Bottom