2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there in 76 and at one stage the announcer asked the crowd to stand up and take a step to their left so they could fit more people in! Couldn't quite work out the maths on that one.
The crowd spilled out onto the ground inside the boundary line all around the oval. Saw an old video on You Tube of spectators hanging off the time clock!
Remember being on the fence on the northern outer half forward flank and watching two or three lines of people being brought inside the fence to sit on the ledge and grass.

This glitzy middle aged woman was wearing high heels and a fox fur and kept on getting stuck in the grass. She eventually slung her high heels, walk of shame like, over her shoulder to complete her journey to her “allocated seat” in front of my gran and I. Gran thought this was the funniest thing she’d seen since the Two Ronnies.

Must admit, as Norwood supporters, I’m not sure why we went.

It was a pretty strong rumour since the time he was 'dropped' from Norwood's side late last year. Now we know why he was 'dropped'.

There was also a separate incident when he was at Williston (in between his time at Centrals and Norwood), resulting in Williston's major sponsor saying either he goes or they go. Norwood picked him up following that incident.

Had the talent to make it to the AFL (he walked from Gold Coast after one season), but wasted it.
One of those types of people who shouldn't drink alcohol. Can't drink in moderation and turns into an angry, aggressive arsehole when he's drunk and it causes a lot of problems for himself and anyone around him.

Laughable!

Martin has plenty of talent but this absolutely way more than he is worth on his current output.

Have I got it right if that is what he's demanding Carlton have to pay him that amount if he walks to them in the PSD? Surely no other team is going to cough that up.

Laughable!

Martin has plenty of talent but this absolutely way more than he is worth on his current output.

Have I got it right if that is what he's demanding Carlton have to pay him that amount if he walks to them in the PSD? Surely no other team is going to cough that up.

If that's what he puts on his draft nomination form, then that's what Carlton have to pay him.

OK... they don't actually have to pay him that much. They can re-negotiate his contract once he's on their list. But that's still the figure which is included when it comes to Salary Cap calculations.

If that's what he puts on his draft nomination form, then that's what Carlton have to pay him.

OK... they don't actually have to pay him that much. They can re-negotiate his contract once he's on their list. But that's still the figure which is included when it comes to Salary Cap calculations.
Ken wood said that the AFL wouldn’t allow a Luke Ball scenario to occur again and they’d be watching very closely.

Laughable!

They can absolutely offer 1m next year then award wage for the next 4. Would prolly end up being about right but structured to be unmatchable.

Not sure how blues haven a lazy 1m spare in next year's cap though after some big signings and youngun retention program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can absolutely offer 1m next year then award wage for the next 4. Would prolly end up being about right but structured to be unmatchable.

Not sure how blues haven a lazy 1m spare in next year's cap though after some big signings and youngun retention program.
Should be like the free agency contract terms and teams just have to average out the contract

Blues would have to find $1m space for 2020 whereas Suns only need to find half that. Still, he’s not structuring his deal without Blues involvemen.

Shouldn't be able to renegotiate contracts until the last year - then we remove this crap BS that goes on
It doesn't need to be renegotiated if that is the initial contract. 1x$1mill then 4x $250k.

Overall prolly about right or bit under but just example. Totally legit and prolly unmatchable with the initial year.

It doesn't need to be renegotiated if that is the initial contract. 1x$1mill then 4x $250k.

Overall prolly about right or bit under but just example. Totally legit and prolly unmatchable with the initial year.
It's the Tippett and Frawley ones which are dodgy

Tippett was something like $2m over 2 years to get him to the swans, then as soon as he signed, went to 4 years on reduced wage for those additional 2.

Frswley quickly went from 2 to 3 as well IIRC

Laughable!

Cripps would want to be on $3M!

Laughable!

So can someone from the AFL explain how a player on $1m next year isn't worth a first rounder at the trade table?

It's farcical

Laughable!

5 years just under $3M, so despite the $1M upfront, just under $600k a year.

Ballsy move by Martin, if Gold Coast take him he’s signed up for 5 years unless Carlton pay up big to get him back.

Surely would take some contract rejigging but they should be able to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back