2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence says this has completely backfired on Steve Hocking.

I think the 6-6-6 has added an element of positive to the gamer.

It has opened up scoring from centre clearances. The 6-6-6 has also helped bring more excitement to the final 5 minutes of close games when teams would normally chuck players behind the ball, they can not do this anymore. Thats a positive. One of my footy bugbear is when teams have 14 to 16 players in the defensive 50 and club then bomb the ball long. The 6-6-6 has allowed a bit more space for one on one contests between a key forward and a key defender but it certainly hasn’t done what the AFL anticipated by increasing scoring and preventing floods.

Agree, overall its been a fail.

All the teams above us are likely to win one more game. Baring essendrug.

We can win three, Collingwood will be a percentage booster for us and dogs will be out of legs when we play them.

We should get to sixth if we win the next three.

I think the 6-6-6 has added an element of positive to the gamer.

It has opened up scoring from centre clearances. The 6-6-6 has also helped bring more excitement to the final 5 minutes of close games when teams would normally chuck players behind the ball, they can not do this anymore. Thats a positive. One of my footy bugbear is when teams have 14 to 16 players in the defensive 50 and club then bomb the ball long. The 6-6-6 has allowed a bit more space for one on one contests between a key forward and a key defender but it certainly hasn’t done what the AFL anticipated by increasing scoring and preventing floods.

Agree, overall its been a fail.

The only way to achieve a more open free flowing game is increase field
sizes or reduce players. Neither of which the AFL will ever look at doing so expect more stupid rule changes each year which will achieve nothing.

All the teams above us are likely to win one more game. Baring essendrug.

We can win three, Collingwood will be a percentage booster for us and dogs will be out of legs when we play them.

We should get to sixth if we win the next three.
Likely one more win out of Collingwood or Bulldogs so we will finish 8th with Essendon losing their next 2.

The only way to achieve a more open free flowing game is increase field
sizes or reduce players. Neither of which the AFL will ever look at doing so expect more stupid rule changes each year which will achieve nothing.

Yep.

Just remove half forward and half back and make it 16 on the field.

They also said the only reason scoring is down is because accuracy is down, there have been roughly the same number of shots as previous seasons,
That's a fair point, to be honest.

But I do think it's an over correction to defence from the coaches in anticipation of 666 that might be the issue.

Is the inaccuracy a coincidence / skill issue, or is it the result of more pressured / tight angle shots as a result of increased defensive pressure?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Why haven’t the f***ers sacked me yet? What more can I do to fu** this club up?”
IMG_0111.JPG

Walking out on the ground after yet another loss...
"Told you that you'll be coaching this team soon Scottie mate. Look at him...he's almost crying. Tell me to pull my head in and question our suggestions for team selections. We run this club. "

The simple solution to fix the game is to pay HTB correctly. The game instantly opens up.

Yep. It's so obvious to everyone but the AFL itself.

Illegal Disposal

It's a rule. Stop deciding when you are going to ignore it or not. It's not up to you! Call the bloody rules as they are!

I'd like to see the media and club officials to call out the AFL and Umpiring Department on how they chose to ignore (interpret differently) this rule

Have footage for a single round of every single non-call. Will probably need do it in high speed with a counter running. I assume it would be in the hundreds.

So us, Essendon, the Bulldogs and Port will fight it out for spots 7 and 8
At risk of sounding like Debbie Downer, I think you can safely rule out the Crows.

Given 99% of us think we’ll be crushed today, can anyone honestly be confident about us winning against Collingwood, or Bulldogs. Pies....remote possibility. Bulldogs at Mars? Crows will s**t the bed in the cold with a finals spot on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back