2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the bandwagon has wel and truly crashed at Port - Port have dropped all ticket prices to $23 for Sunday’s match.

The crowd will be even less than they got vs GWS a few weeks ago (27k...?) - last chance for the anti-Hinkley masses to vote with their wallets, most likely a dead rubber due to our fartarsing about in Ballarat and a low-drawing team that just sacked their coach and have really nothing to play for.

The crowd will be even less than they got vs GWS a few weeks ago (27k...?) - last chance for the anti-Hinkley masses to vote with their wallets, most likely a dead rubber due to our fartarsing about in Ballarat and a low-drawing team that just sacked their coach and have really nothing to play for.
The Crowd will double if we fluke a win over the Dogs, unless Hawks have already beaten Eagles by a decent margin...

Rucci has been banging on about how disgraceful it is that Port supporters are not attending and that they’ll be to blame if the club finds itself in financial troubles....cough cough.

Does anyone remember Rucci banging on about Port supporters not attending the last years at Footy Park (for all of their bull$hit excuses) and he dressed it up as ‘a bold show of force, voting with their feet’, he compared it to soccer fans with their united show of strength.

He’s changed his tune now.

I sent this in to SEN knowing that Dillon would jump to read it out to pi$$ off Rucc....hi Rucc!.....

“Years ago Rucc was saying how bold it was for Port Power supporters to show their dis satisfaction with the club by not going to Footy Park, now he's changed his tune.
Desperate times call for desperate measures!”

The turnip dismisses it, face the facts Rucc, you talk too much $hit to keep track of your diatribes....I was happy when Dillon read it out again at the start of their show the following day.
Hi Kym, well done.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see ammo clubs struggling. Yes an influx of girls and womans footy is helping that, but there have still been clubs fold and merge.

There have been times SANFL clubs have struggled financially. This has a knock on effect to the junior programs as the goal.of these.clubs is to win the SANFL flag, so getting in an ex AFL player to do that is more important than increasing funding for a junior program.

I talk to a current AFL player who has battled through this to make it from SA to the AFL. He lives interstate and loves it. He then tells me how great his Victorian team mates had it in the TAC Cup where they were the priority. Not only learning physical footy skills but footy theory.

Meanwhile the kid I know got through the SA system where he got some.light training at an SANFL club, but actually learnt more about the game through his school football. With a passionate and well respected coach there.

I guess if you want to relive the glory days and follow the "second best league in the country " it is happy days for you.

But when you want to see kids who love our sport get the best out of themselves and follow this career pathway, it ain't so rosy compared to the set up over the border.

Grundy and maybe Lachie Neale the only two elite players from our state in the past ten years. Says it all really.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What a load a rubbish, you have made most of this up. For starters the state u18 program runs from January through until the end of the carnival. The SANFL clubs don't even see the U18's that much during their draft year including for about an eight week block in the middle of the year.

Haven’t had much joy being a crows supporter this season but after reading the team news for the upcoming round, I stopped feeling so hard done by.

On afl.com it read ......The Suns recalled Aaron Young for George Horlin-Smith.

Now imagine the boost a suns supporter must get reading that for their final game of the season

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope Port get into the 8 so it will 1) hasten our clean-out and 2) delay their clean-out
I see it differently. Port can’t afford to clean out, and ours will happen anyway, so I hope Port fall agonisingly short, with some kick after the siren deciding that. Mwahahahahahaaaa.

I see it differently. Port can’t afford to clean out, and ours will happen anyway, so I hope Port fall agonisingly short, with some kick after the siren deciding that. Mwahahahahahaaaa.

Would be such a shame if that happened

They must be tying themselves in knots atm, can’t afford to keep Ken, can’t afford to sack him, celebration year coming up with no supporters to celebrate and sell merch to, shifting money around on the ledger to cover the gaps

And all their own doing. Torn apart from within

Would be such a shame if that happened

They must be tying themselves in knots atm, can’t afford to keep Ken, can’t afford to sack him, celebration year coming up with no supporters to celebrate and sell merch to, shifting money around on the ledger to cover the gaps

And all their own doing. Torn apart from within
But but CHINA!

What a load a rubbish, you have made most of this up. For starters the state u18 program runs from January through until the end of the carnival. The SANFL clubs don't even see the U18's that much during their draft year including for about an eight week block in the middle of the year.
There is more to development than the draft year.

Two elite (Neale borderline) AFL players in the past ten years, if not longer, suggests the system is not working to the best it could be.

We are a football with great junior participation rates. It should be better.

It would be kind of funny if they did make Finals, Ken gets his full contract till 2021, and get smashed by Coll or Richmond at the G week 1.

Then fail to make the eight in 2020 and 21.

A shame that outcome relies on us beating the Doggies.

But but CHINA!

Last year they said “We almost made finals, its going to take a little while for our recruits like Rocky and Watts to learn the game plan and gel”

This year it’ll be the same but “it’ll take a while for the kids to learn the game plan and gel”

Meanwhile Port posters are speculating that Ken will join Gold Coast as Director of Coaching

What has Stewart Dew done to deserve that

Last year they said “We almost made finals, its going to take a little while for our recruits like Rocky and Watts to learn the game plan and gel”

This year it’ll be the same but “it’ll take a while for the kids to learn the game plan and gel”

Meanwhile Port posters are speculating that Ken will join Gold Coast as Director of Coaching

What has Stewart Dew done to deserve that

I think Port made the mistake in not moving on Hinkley last year. I think they have moved in the right direction in 2019 but are still left with a coach who can't take them all the way and has too much baggage. It is now awkward to move him on.

I think we could be in the same position next year if we stick with Pyke. You want the coaching and playing group in synch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back