2019 Non-Crows AFL Chat #3 - the off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
No Martin for Richmond and Carton showing good form. Thought Richmond might be complacent and let Carlton have a go at spinning.

I changed my tip to Carlton. Lucky 30 seconds before the match, I switched back to Richmond.

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fremantle reminded me of Craig era Adelaide today esp 2007 onwards. Couldn't hold on against a surging Saints team. Goodbye to finals Fremantle.

MASSIVE round of football for us

Melbourne v Sydney
Carlton v St Kilda

Both have implications for our draft pick

Geelong v Brisbane

Top of the table clash

Adelaide v Collingwood
North v Port
Fremantle v Essendon
GWS v Bulldogs

Games that will shape the 8

Richmond v West Coast

3 v 4

Only game that has no meaning is Hawks v Gold Coast

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Burton “hey Scott just had a look at your midfield record”
Campo “well Brett I’ve seen your fitness record too”
Don “get me out of here”
B44C35D2-98C2-4E64-8C1A-471B36371251.jpeg

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I was listening to the Trends podcast and they were saying the AFL were happy with the kick-in rule because it's made it fairer for each team in terms of ability to score from the kick-in.
How does it do this?

How does it do this?

Apparently with the previous situation, a team who kicks a behind is much more likely to also have the next score attempt. The AFL guy they had on said that "rewards missing" or something which they didn't like.

With the new kick in rule, there is roughly an even likelihood that either team will have the next score, which is "fairer".

Grooster24

Club Legend
May 27, 2015
Dlusional
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Just saw some vision of Jack Stevens playing on the weekend on VFL360. Gee he looks a bit rough. I thought Dane Swan looked a bit out of shape for footy.

It looks like the Saints have rocked up and are short a player. Someone's gone "My mate Jack I played a bit of footy with at school is here to watch the game. He can play alright. A bit out of shape but will do ok." Jack's already at the bar and sunk a few...gone out and had the game of his life. Becomes a footy legend now at the local.

Just saw some vision of Jack Stevens playing on the weekend on VFL360. Gee he looks a bit rough. I thought Dane Swan looked a bit out of shape for footy.

It looks like the Saints have rocked up and are short a player. Someone's gone "My mate Jack I played a bit of footy with at school is here to watch the game. He can play alright. A bit out of shape but will do ok." Jack's already at the bar and sunk a few...gone out and had the game of his life. Becomes a footy legend now at the local.

Kicked 3 and won them the game in the last quarter with his 3rd goal imo.

He makes Gov look slim. In fairness, I think he has had or has mental health issues, which may explain the weight gain.

He's chunky but it's not like he's a Dew or Whitnall-level fatso

True. But for 2019 standards, he is in Lockett territory. Off the top of my head, I cant think of a player carrying more body fat than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back