• Clarko and the Hawks should impose their own penalty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stratton should be suspended by the MRP

Votes: 50 89.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Clarkson refused to answer twice when asked whether he condones Stratton's behaviour. No doubt been part of his strategy to put off players. Wonder how many times Betts has been pinched & punched over the years...

The AFL can stamp this out really easily... but not this administration as we have already seen how tough they have been on gut punches.

Last edited:

Clarko too gutless to condemn the behaviour. A fish rots from the head
He's so used to having his ass kissed in the media he comes across as massively thin skinned when someone actually comes at him.

But why would anyone be surprised? He had Hodge crunching heads, Mitchell purposely giving players corkies, remember when the Vic media called Tex a sook when he complained about it because he couldn't play out a game it was so bad? Stratton was pinching Cameron a few weeks ago and they tried to ignore it as much as possible. Add in the foot stomping and it's just gruby behaviour. The media have protected and enabled this kind of thing by their refusal to call any of it out.

So Clarkson refused to answer twice when asked whether he condones Stratton's behaviour. No doubt been part of his strategy to put off players. Wonder how many times Betts has been punched over the years...

The AFL can stamp this out really easily... but not this administration as we have already seen how tough they have been on gut punches.
Or how they have backed down on gut punches and seen them come back into the game.

I'm hopeful that it will only be another 5 or 10 years before they realise financial penalties mean nothing to these rich players (as seen this year with Ablett's 2 fines for the same incident).

It's only games suspensions that stop behaviour.

If the penalty for using your phone while driving was losing your car for a week...no more phone use.

Voila

Gut punch = 2 weeks

Voila

Intentional dirty act (stomping, pinching, punching, spitting, etc) = immediate 2 games suspension

Last edited:
He's so used to having his ass kissed in the media he comes across as massively thin skinned when someone actually comes at him.

But why would anyone be surprised? He had Hodge crunching heads, Mitchell purposely giving players corkies, remember when the Vic media called Tex a sook when he complained about it because he couldn't play out a game it was so bad? Stratton was pinching Cameron a few weeks ago and they tried to ignore it as much as possible. Add in the foot stomping and it's just gruby behaviour. The media have protected and enabled this kind of thing by their refusal to call any of it out.
Poor leadership by Clarkson.

A good leader comes out and says it like it is. "We f-ed up, we will improve". A real lack of accountability. Back your players, but be accountable

Last edited:
Or how they have backed down on gut punches and seen them come back into the game.

I'm hopeful that it will only be another 5 or 10 years before they realise financial penalties mean nothing to these rich players (as seen this year with Ablett's 2 fines for the same incident).

It's only ganes suspensions that stop behavior.

If the penalty for using your phone while driving was losing your car for a week...no more phone use.

Voila

Gut punch = 2 weeks

Voila

Intentional dirty ay (stomping, pinching, punching, spitting, etc) = immediate 2 games suspension
When Stratton was pinching Cameron, the umpire was laughing.

Start paying free for inappropriate contact including 50m where they continue... which will make players think twice... & suspend them too when needed.

The AFL have allowed this to happen as it is their system, but have been gutless & inconsistent... when with proper intent could have virtually wiped out this deliberate behaviour which is a bad look for our game, except the odd brain fade.

Start paying free for inappropriate contact including 50m where they continue... which will make players think twice... & suspend them too when needed.

The AFL have allowed this to happen as it is their system, but have been gutless & inconsistent... when with proper intent could have virtually wiped out this deliberate behaviour which is a bad look for our game, except the odd brain fade.
You and your common sense - you're never going to make it at AFL house

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The spear chucking at the crowd was my tipping point.

He wasn't a black w***er, he was just being a w***er

Abd as soon as the afl started the dont boo adam campaign Aussies do what Aussies do when authorities try to control them, we do the opposite.

Sounds like Clarko has thrown the toys out of the cot. He also implies that Bancroft et. Al. Were harshly treated.

No Clarko, it's about doing the right thing

'Like Sandpaper-gate': Clarko slams Stratton pinching 'hysteria' - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-17/like-sandpapergate-clarko-slams-stratton-pinching-hysteria

The cricketers got a year Clarko. Give Stratton the same ban, after all, that wasn't the worst thing ever to happen on a cricket field.

"Clarkson said that if post-game conversations between Stratton and Orazio Fantasia, and also an in-game exchange with an umpire, were aired during the Tribunal hearing it would show that Stratton's conduct "perhaps wasn't as serious as what's been portrayed over the television sets over the last two or three days".

So what would Clarko expect Orazio to say in the after match commentary? Have a gigantic whinge about Stratton being a filthy pinching grub all game? How would that have come across? Give it a rest.

"We're bound by the Tribunal system and so everyone in the game, according to its integrity, should now be staying quiet until the Tribunal can run its course … We've got the AFL chief in Richard making comment on the Saturday about a tribunal (case)," Clarkson said.

When does the tribunal sit? Ummm Tuesday? So why does Clarko get to say his bit about "trial by media" and "this is all being blown out of proportion"? It's Monday. Anyone else should stay quiet, but it's OK for Clarko to comment? A bit of hypocrisy there?

The cricketers got a year Clarko. Give Stratton the same ban, after all, that wasn't the worst thing ever to happen on a cricket field.

"Clarkson said that if post-game conversations between Stratton and Orazio Fantasia, and also an in-game exchange with an umpire, were aired during the Tribunal hearing it would show that Stratton's conduct "perhaps wasn't as serious as what's been portrayed over the television sets over the last two or three days".

So what would Clarko expect Orazio to say in the after match commentary? Have a gigantic whinge about Stratton being a filthy pinching grub all game? How would that have come across? Give it a rest.

"We're bound by the Tribunal system and so everyone in the game, according to its integrity, should now be staying quiet until the Tribunal can run its course … We've got the AFL chief in Richard making comment on the Saturday about a tribunal (case)," Clarkson said.

When does the tribunal sit? Ummm Tuesday? So why does Clarko get to say his bit about "trial by media" and "this is all being blown out of proportion"? It's Monday. Anyone else should stay quiet, but it's OK for Clarko to comment? A bit of hypocrisy there?
I thought it sounded like Clarko was trying to say Orazio was saying unkind things to Stratton.

Where was that security guard when you need him?

Although on 360 tonight I initially agreed with Clarkson that media has become so prevalent in the game that any incident is now 'trial by media', id like to think of it as the greater public having a voice on what is and isn't acceptable in today's game.

Some dinosaurs on the MRP or tribunal might not have a grasp of what modern standards look like.

I dunno. Just my 2c

I was a police officer for 20 years and I was racially vilified regularly. Now I was in the position of power and was not particularly concerned about the vilification but there was no doubt of the intent. Position of privilege is irrelevant to the argument of whether words or actions are racist in content or intent. To say it is justifies racism by those who have been downtrodden or discriminated against.

I abhor racism in all forms but I won’t accept the assertion that racism is only a one way street

You can't be effin serious? You were a cop for 20 years where you have state sanctioned authority to use violence where you deem necessary, where anything that comes back at you is deemed twice as bad as when it's commited against civillians, and you're trying to say you were subjected to racism? Holy crap you have no idea about anything. Racism is intwined with power relations and cannot be separated from that - you had more power than most of us will ever have through your state sanctioned authority and here you are trying to position yourself as a victim. We really are through the looking glass -

Just to confirm - you were a white police office in a position of power, and you're concerned by the comments of those who have been downtrodden or discriminated against?

Look, their comments may be race-based. They might even prejudge you, based on their previous experiences with other white police officers in a position of power. But something being "racist" assumes it holds some power - AND THEY HOLD NO POWER OVER YOU. They are powerless and downtrodden and your position of privilege gives you the amazing opportunity of their words holding no impact to you. The comparison is completely empty.

Thank you we have some sense

So I read Hinkley believes Kane Farrel could be as good as Michael Walters.

Surely he's jumped the shark!

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
The Melbourne win was “their best ever win”. Reckon the shark is long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back