• Clarko and the Hawks should impose their own penalty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stratton should be suspended by the MRP

Votes: 50 89.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Fagan just mentioned that gambling is the biggest problem within the AFL & Leon Cameron agreed.

He found the response by the AFLPA to the Herald Sun article strange, attacking an experienced practitioner he knows well.

Both the AFLPA & AFL are in denial mode, rather than looking to support players who can't control themselves. Sums up how badly both are run! Wake up & support your members.

The AFL and clubs already provide far more babying to their players than nearly any other employer in the world.

As for the AFLPA what other union in the world asks an employer to step in and help with gambling?

It's neither of their problem. It's either an issue we have to address as a society nationally or that people have to address themselves and with their family and friends as individuals. Putting that mandate on a union or a sporting body is just rediculous.

The AFL and clubs already provide far more babying to their players than nearly any other employer in the world.

As for the AFLPA what other union in the world asks an employer to step in and help with gambling?

It's neither of their problem. It's either an issue we have to address as a society nationally or that people have to address themselves and with their family and friends as individuals. Putting that mandate on a union or a sporting body is just rediculous.
The AFL have a responsibility to get involved because of the potential for this to impact the integrity of the competition.

Like cricket, it’s a short drop to the world of fixing exotic outcomes

I agree we need to tackle in better as a society as well, but the AFL should lead the way as it is a bigger problem amongst the players than the rest of society.

The AFLPA denial was pathetic.

We have had problem gamblers at work & do you know what it like to have someone pilfering cash from the office because they are feeding their habit. Incidentally they were one of the highest paid people in the organisation, but pissing it all on the pokies.

Need to deal with issues, rather than the pretence they will just fix themselves as some can't help themselves.

The AFL have a responsibility to get involved because of the potential for this to impact the integrity of the competition.

Like cricket, it’s a short drop to the world of fixing exotic outcomes

The AFL should be solving that particular issue with a stick rather than a carrot. Any players coming even close to that line should simply be recieving year long bans.

I agree we need to tackle in better as a society as well, but the AFL should lead the way as it is a bigger problem amongst the players than the rest of society.

The AFLPA denial was pathetic.

We have had problem gamblers at work & do you know what it like to have someone pilfering cash from the office because they are feeding their habit. Incidentally they were one of the highest paid people in the organisation, but pissing it all on the pokies.

Need to deal with issues, rather than the pretence they will just fix themselves as some can't help themselves.

So how did your employer deal with it? I bet it sacked them for theft.

Hasn’t been mentioned but that barass fellow on the Carlton board who has about a 95% strike rate, last week posted that Ken would walk unless Port extended his contract.

Didn’t they just fall that and he has a 2-3 years left? I reckon Port would say thanks Ken now piss off and appoint Schofield.

I hope he has this one wrong.

Hasn’t been mentioned but that barass fellow on the Carlton board who has about a 95% strike rate, last week posted that Ken would walk unless Port extended his contract.

Didn’t they just fall that and he has a 2-3 years left? I reckon Port would say thanks Ken now ******** and appoint Schofield.

How can Hinkley leave if he is on a contract unless the club agree to it?

Sounds rubbish if you ask me. He has a few years left, that's fairly good job security in terms of Afl contracts.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Didn’t they just fall that and he has a 2-3 years left? I reckon Port would say thanks Ken now ******** and appoint Schofield.

Hinkley is only 12 games in to his latest 3 year extension. Why on earth would he be panicking about another extension. Besides a few Port supporters claiming/praying that his 2021 contract is subject to a results based trigger, he's basically locked in until the end of 2021. I reckon he's miles off on this one.

Sounds rubbish if you ask me. He has a few years left, that's fairly good job security in terms of Afl contracts.

Port wont hold him to it if he wants to leave, not a great look to keep someone when they want out the door.

They have an interesting run home to September, I dont think they will 6 or more games to get to the finals.

If St Kilda had played Port at Marvel they were a red hot chance to win. The manner in which Port won flattered them.

Agreed but this bloke doesn’t get many wrong.

If Hinkley can smell a job, he might ask to be released unless he gets an extension, wouldn’t be the first broken contract plus I don’t think Port would mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley is only 12 games in to his latest 3 year extension. Why on earth would he be panicking about another extension. Besides a few Port supporters claiming/praying that his 2021 contract is subject to a results based trigger, he's basically locked in until the end of 2021. I reckon he's miles off on this one.

Correction, Port will have to pay him out till 2021 when they sack him beforehand.

IMG_20190609_100015.jpg

Crap move by a crap Club.

Kelly is a great player, actually he is elite.

He had played his first year and had a good one, he asked to be traded back to his home state as he had a young family and it was for personal reasons.

Geelong were cold and ruthless which is ironic considering all the BS your supporters talked about bringing Danger home and the need for him to be close to his family.

The AFC could have screwed Danger and Geelong over, but no we did the right thing. Danger wanted to go home and got there smoothly.

Shame on Geelong, its disgraceful. Karma is a bitch. Remember that. What goes around comes around.

I’m not convinced Karma exists. I’ve got a feeling angry people invented the term to help get themselves through traumatic events.

I’m not convinced Karma exists. I’ve got a feeling angry people invented the term to help get themselves through traumatic events.

Oh, it exists...... look at how the Footy Gods are evening up our ledger

24/7

Chris Fagan just mentioned that gambling is the biggest problem within the AFL & Leon Cameron agreed.

He found the response by the AFLPA to the Herald Sun article strange, attacking an experienced practitioner he knows well.

Both the AFLPA & AFL are in denial mode, rather than looking to support players who can't control themselves. Sums up how badly both are run! Wake up & support your members.

Which is very interesting coming from Fagan, considering who the main sponsor for Brisbane is. That should never have been allowed by the AFL. After the AFLPA's disgraceful backing of drug cheating players over the clean players in the league, I'm not surprised.

Stephenson, De Goey and Hoskin Elliot in the same fwd line is ominous. Especially in a couple more years when they have a 100 games under their belt. I’m a little jealous 😕

Our players would love Mason Cox, they always bomb over our forwards heads and thats the height Cox loves it best at. lol.

Pies have an embarrassment of riches all over the ground. They have assembled a great list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back