Not open for further replies.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I see the filth are once again playing make believe and wishing for an alternate reality where Norwood were in the AFL instead of the Crows.

The interesting thing is that pretty much every Norwood supporter I know is more than happy with how things worked out.

If only we went in first and Norwood 2nd then we would be the biggest club in SA etc etc. Seems pretty obvious that they're playing the blame game again for their own failings.
What about Crows and Norwood, then I’d have 2 teams in the afl

I see the filth are once again playing make believe and wishing for an alternate reality where Norwood were in the AFL instead of the Crows.

The interesting thing is that pretty much every Norwood supporter I know is more than happy with how things worked out.

"If only we went in first and Norwood 2nd then we would be the biggest club in SA" etc etc. Seems pretty obvious that they're playing the blame game again for their own failings.
If Norwood went in instead of the Crows the likelihood is many non-Norwood supporters would end up following them if Port was the only alternative.

They need to get used to being the small fish in the bigger pond

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Just watching NITV . They have NTFL football on. Some talent on show. A Maurice Rioli Jr playing.
The ground they are playing at is not to bad.

Carlton are too obsessed with youth at the moment to see how a bit more senior support in the midfield would help them.

I disagree. Carlton have to obsess with youth, and building a good side from that, seeing that is a part of the strategy to get them out of the mess they're in. They mainly just need a coach who is capable of getting a working structure, as that will do them wonders. Thankfully for us, they absolutely don't have that.

If you want mature age recruits to protect them, you have to get good ones (i.e. Vince level) who understand and have a degree of success at this level. That allows actual protection and someone to learn off, which is the two big things they need to do. Adding in someone like Grigg for them is a massive waste of time. You're putting in a sub-standard player in a position to "protect the kids" who'll inevitably become a list clogger in a year or so, which means all you've done is waste a year for no gain whatsoever. You can't use them for teaching, and they're most likely poor enough (In Griggs case - definitely poor enough*) they aren't worth s**t as protection.

*Remember 5 years on a list (likely 7+ years scouted), been delisted and not a single club thought at the time it was due to a bad list situation/you are salvageable. That's your card stamped as an AFL quality player.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not really hard to tell how the fitness & conditioning is going... touch wood

Granted but hard to see how that translates until we actually play for points. Everything is better than last pre season but it always is down the road, this is the month most Power fans still have their scarves draping from the back window when they are in a car.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Granted but hard to see how that translates until we actually play for points. Everything is better than last pre season but it always is down the road, this is the month most Power fans still have their scarves draping from the back window when they are in a car.
What do you mean?? They aren't holding up Sack Hinkley signs on the corner of every street down at Alberton ?? If they knew what was good for them they would be.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
If Norwood went in instead of the Crows the likelihood is many non-Norwood supporters would end up following them if Port was the only alternative.

They need to get used to being the small fish in the bigger pond
It's amazing to see how much their mentality has changed since 1997.

Gone are the days where they used to brag about how they were going to "dominate the AFL" and believed that becoming the number 1 team in SA was a fait accompli. Back then they couldn't have given a crap whether it was Norwood, AFC or Sturt that were in the AFL. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I think 97/98, their choke years, the 2005 Showdown final and dominating them on and off the field since 2005 has been a bitter pill for them to swallow.

The reality that they're the red headed stepchild in SA has been a difficult one for them to accept. The only escape for them now is to pretend that they've been wronged and the Crows have somehow denied them from what they believe is rightly theirs.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
What about Crows and Norwood, then I’d have 2 teams in the afl

As a Norwood supporter I need to ask you.

Are you one of the people who cries into their pillow every night wishing it was Norwood in the AFL instead of the Crows?

Despite the Port supporters claiming that all Norwood supporters are supposedly jealous of Port being in the AFL and wished Norwood were in the AFL instead of the Crows, I am yet to actually find any Norwood supporter who wishes the Crows didn't exist.

Every one I know seems to be more than happy supporting both teams.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Aren't Port basically Norwood anyway?

KT as CEO, Bass as their main coach, Jonas as Captain?

All Norwood people.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Maybe thats why the Port fans want Norwood in - so they wouldnt be at Port ;)

SEN trying even harder to establish themselves as an anti-crows station.

Ever notice how our club almost never mentions theirs, but they can't stop?

Smart ploy to put off two thirds of your potential audience less 1 Wayne...

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
I wonder if our favourite PAP theorist is a DC comics fan.
7C7AEC67-3198-4FAE-B71D-C0CA4654E881.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back