Opinion 2019 Non Crows - Watts love got to do with it? #pick1herewecome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood were the best side we played all year, completely smashed us at home.

We got smashed in the first quarter. We played heavy deck football, gain ground at all costs. They played dry deck football and carved us up using hands, run with ball and kicking at targets. I don't know if it was a coaching directive or on-ground leadership call, but it was wrong and we paid massively for it until we reset at quarter time. E

Montgomery was in the running for the job Beveridge eventually got. So I think they started off on shaky ground to start with, then when Montgomery thought about looking for work elsewhere because he wasn't sure if they wanted to keep him they told him he may as well leave right now and kicked him out just before finals started.

I thought he enacted the clause that the coaches association had put into contracts where if you've not been offered an extension by a certain point you can choose to finish up. Or did I dream that clause up, it's a possibility.

I dont think your example is the same as recklessly blowing accumulated wealth at all

It is. It's about personal responsibility. And it wasn't just about blowing accumulated wealth, it was about that AND then sticking your hand out for support. Exactly like the morons who live in risk areas and CHOOSE not to be adequately insured and then expect others to pick up their pieces for them.

We got smashed in the first quarter. We played heavy deck football, gain ground at all costs. They played dry deck football and carved us up using hands, run with ball and kicking at targets. I don't know if it was a coaching directive or on-ground leadership call, but it was wrong and we paid massively for it until we reset at quarter time. E

We had Sloane and Betts limping around pretty badly in that game.

The most damning thing though was the thoroughly limp and insipid performance Jacobs put up in the ruck. There's a YouTube clip showing how dominant Grundy was - Jacobs got to the point of not even bothering to jump against him. It was as bad as Hampton's effort against the Tigers.

I don’t know what is more entertaining seeing the fools lap his s**t up or getting stuck into him.

To believe an afl player would feign injury to play fortnite is just too warped for words.
You cant feign a hammy with the testing clubs do.

Janus wouldn't know that tho lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You cant feign a hammy with the testing clubs do.

Janus wouldn't know that tho lol

A damaged/torn hamstring shows up on a MRI.

Hamstring soreness, I am not so sure. Then again, I get hamstring soreness from training and am still able to kick and run.

We had Sloane and Betts limping around pretty badly in that game.

The most damning thing though was the thoroughly limp and insipid performance Jacobs put up in the ruck. There's a YouTube clip showing how dominant Grundy was - Jacobs got to the point of not even bothering to jump against him. It was as bad as Hampton's effort against the Tigers.
Sloane shouldn't have been playing, could barely get out of first gear.

That was another one like the Hawthorn smashing where the midfield gave up a dozen clearances in a row at one point. They used their hands brilliantly to work it to the defensive side of the middle, which was consistently left wide open and had a clear path forward each time.

Hamstring soreness, I am not so sure. Then again, I get hamstring soreness from training and am still able to kick and run.

What about hamstring awareness?

I thought he enacted the clause that the coaches association had put into contracts where if you've not been offered an extension by a certain point you can choose to finish up. Or did I dream that clause up, it's a possibility.
I'm not sure if that's a clause or not, I know they have to be notified by a certain date whether they're being offered a deal for next year or not so they have time to look elsewhere.

According to Caro, Lyon did the same thing with Sumich that year. Found out he was looking elsewhere, so turfed him out early (and so he's burnt his bridges with both WA teams now).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ol Janus is at it again, this time he’s stated Wingard faked his hammy so he didn’t have to go to WA so he could stay home and play fortnite instead. This is when he lost the players. Last week the players stopped working hard when Wingard went into the middle because he didn’t train hard.

The guy is seriously not all there.
If I didn't know any better I'd think he was very good at deadpan humour.

Beware to any Port players contemplating leaving, hell hath no fury like a Janus scorned.

I believe that even soreness can be seen by the Hanstring Testing devices.

Soreness generally caused by inflammation.

We effectively could gain 3 A graders this year that we didn't have last year- B Crouch, Smith and Walker. Although Walkers foot really concerns me. I tore my plantar a few years ago and struggle for a few days after every training session. It's a bitch of an injury. Not overly painful but restrictive.

Thought we got belted in the contest. Lost the contested possessions by about 40.

It’s hard to know if the strategy was correct when that happens.

Didn’t we lose contested possessions to Carlton as well?
Yes by 16. That Carlton game was weird, no idea what Bolton was trying to do.

I’d love to have a giant database of stats I could easily query as I suspect the win rate of teams going -35 or worse in the contested possessions is 5 percent or lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back