Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Hey has it been 3 weeks since your financials were buried?

Hey was it not put on the main page of our site and then reported the day after in The Advertiser? You have a bizarre interpretation of the word 'buried.'
I guess professional journalists can't access the official website three days before Christmas?

Beside the point anyway, who blamed The Crows for Phil's death? Either provide a source or be known as a liar.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey was it not put on the main page of our site and then reported the day after in The Advertiser? You have a bizarre interpretation of the word 'buried.'
Your site means something?

It was a small article in the Advertiser buried amongst the spread by the journo you flew up to pump up the camp. He didn’t scrutinise the result.

It was not a tv news story, it was not discussed on radio. Your club buried it at 6pm on a Friday night 4 days before Christmas and muppets like you defended it and still are. You can’t be that gullible surely?

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's disturbing about either of those?

Some people like computer games. Some people like faded rock nostalgia acts. Hell, I'm currently reading a 600 page Game of Thrones book that doesn't even further the actual story.

Different strokes for different folks.

Oh sure, I don't really mean to be a grumpy fart who dismisses any hobby / interest he happens to not share or "get". Different strokes indeed.

But of all the interests I don't get, going online to watch other people play a video game is near the top of the list :)

I think the point is, why would you bother watching a video of someone else playing a computer game you like. Why wouldn't you just play it yourself?? I also find it puzzling.

Why do you watch football, instead of play it yourself?

A large part of why is watching people who are better then you at something you enjoy is actually quite enjoyable. Not only that, but can passively make you better at something if you're trying to work out why they're doing the things they do, or actively if you're watching someone who is teaching how to play etc. Beyond that, masochistic runs/speed runs are always good (i'm a sucker for these, as i'm curious if it's possible without being ****ed doing it myself), or the personality of the person playing it can do it.

Last edited:

Magus

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Your site means something?

It was a small article in the Advertiser buried amongst the spread by the journo you flew up to pump up the camp. He didn’t scrutinise the result.

It was not a tv news story, it was not discussed on radio. Your club buried it at 6pm on a Friday night 4 days before Christmas and muppets like you defended it and still are. You can’t be that gullible surely?

Yeah the site does mean something. It's the clubs job to supply the financials and the media's job to report on it - professionals who get paid to talk about football 24/7. How is putting the financials on the main page of the official website "burying" news? The fact that you and I are talking about it means it wasn't buried. Get over it or maybe answer the question I came here to ask.

Who blamed The Crows for Phil's death?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah the site does mean something. It's the clubs job to supply the financials and the media's job to report on it - professionals who get paid to talk about football 24/7. How is putting the financials on the main page of the official website "burying" news? The fact that you and I are talking about it means it wasn't buried. Get over it or maybe answer the question I came here to ask.

Mate you are a muppet. Released too late to make it on to the news, released when all the sports shows are on hiatus, released when everyone is winding down and distracted for Christmas, it didn’t even make it on to Adelaide Now. If you don’t consider the release was buried you obviously still believe in Santa and Janus.

Magus

Cancelled
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Mate you are a muppet. Released too late to make it on to the news, released when all the sports shows are on hiatus, released when everyone is winding down and distracted for Christmas, it didn’t even make it on to Adelaide Now. If you don’t consider the release was buried you obviously still believe in Santa and Janus.

Have you considered that your level of obsession is unhealthy? Three weeks on and banging the same drum. Ring 5AA or leave an Adelaide Now comment if it's still so important to you - the financial report is still there for everyone to see.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have you considered that your level of obsession is unhealthy? Three weeks on and banging the same drum. Ring 5AA or leave an Adelaide Now comment if it's still so important to you - the financial report is still there for everyone to see.
Obsession? I enjoy taking the piss out of muppets. Stop being a muppet and it can all stop.

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide

Here's some reading for you about the politicians your club got their ideas from

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...mps-to-dump-unwanted-news-20140104-30apo.html
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/9-pieces-bad-news-tories-7031791

Do you honestly not believe in burying bad news on the last working day before christmas?

May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Surely if Port fans believe in something it's the tooth fairy?

gr.png

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think they can replace a player that has been ruled out for the year with a player not on their list from the 2nd tier competitions?

Wasnt this the new rules?
He was already behind the 8 ball fitness wise and he’s missed the first half of an AFL preseason, can’t see it

He was already behind the 8 ball fitness wise and he’s missed the first half of an AFL preseason, can’t see it
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-11/did-the-hawks-delist-their-ideal-mitchell-replacement

They will imo replace Mitchell with a player from the 2nd tier comps.

"Others up for consideration include Mitch Grigg (Norwood), Jye Bolton (Claremont) and Michael Gibbons (Williamstown), all winners of respective state league best and fairests in 2018. "

Iron

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't play football in my living room, by myself, any time of the day or night. Video games I can. Otherwise I probably would.
It isn't about playing the game though. It's about watching the best in the world do it. You might still play later or before if you like the game enough. You just also want to watch a competition between the elite.

I would challenge your argument that being able to play football anywhere at any time would make watching AFL redundant.

It's exactly the same, in every way. I'm not sure how anyone can't see that?

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Playing cricket is not something you can do by yourself, in your living room any time you want to. Except on a computer or game console. That's the whole point.
I can also cook any night, but I enjoy watching MasterChef.

I don't watch twitch myself - but if I really enjoyed playing computer games, I'm sure I'd also enjoy watching extraordinarily talented people PLAY computer games. There's drama and tension and competition. Seems obvious what the attraction is.

Literally billions of people watch gaming, so I'm not sure what we're trying to debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back