Opinion 2019 Non Crows - Watts love got to do with it? #pick1herewecome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re correct, all traditional SANFL clubs the same “development grant” from the AFL whether they have no players drafted or 10 drafted. It’s more than $10k though, I’m not sure of the figure but I think it’s somewhere around $30k-$50k.

Thanks, $10k did seem a bit low

Not quite right there...
Lucy Burford, a Port Adelaide fan who is a grade one student at Ardtornish Primary School in suburban St Agnes, used the Australian Rugby League jumper owned by her father Martyn as an inspiration for the teal and white V being placed on a black background.
Whilst I won't dispute the back story, you've still got to admit the similarities....
1552619466763.png

Whilst I won't dispute the back story, you've still got to admit the similarities....
View attachment 635435
I am sure they altered the design to suit an agenda. Even a six year old can see the difference.

Otherwise it would be like Freo's jumper.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am sure they altered the design to suit an agenda. Even a six year old can see the difference.

Otherwise it would be like Freo's jumper.

Port first wore the V in 2009, so could've copied the League top if they wanted, cause according to this page (https://www.footyjumpers.com/fremantlehome.htm), Freo didn't start wearing their Vs till 2010.

Not quite right there...
Lucy Burford, a Port Adelaide fan who is a grade one student at Ardtornish Primary School in suburban St Agnes, used the Australian Rugby League jumper owned by her father Martyn as an inspiration for the teal and white V being placed on a black background.
So naive

Kids don’t copy ?????

Not quite right there...

What a fantastic story...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don't Warner Brothers or Pixar?

I'm sure Disney will put the Pixar brand on other things they sponsor. They're a MASSIVE company, obviously - it is weird that they think they somehow need to raise the profile of the Marvel brand in Australia. I don't see how it could be any bigger, realistically.

Last edited:
What a fantastic story...
gee and here I was thinking they just wanted a 'V' on the jumper to appeal to Victorians to let them have a fair go of things.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with their original gurnsey, it was unique and they won a premiership in it.
They changed it and been s**t ever since.
Hell even the old Ansett Cup jumper with the white lightning bolt in the middle with teal on one side and black on the other was better than what they wear now.

Didn't the AO contracts get renegotiated a few years back? I was sure we pushed hard for it to be reviewed/redone?

Indeed, this goes to the irony I was speaking about before. The re-negotiation happened after 2015. One of the key elements was profitability for the AFL Clubs for home finals. Given our performance in 2016 and 2017 this was obviously to our enormous benefit.

Port look at this conspiratorially that it happened after their epoch in 2014-15.

It was entirely a system of Port jumping the gun and agreeing to go before they had a deal in hand.

Indeed, this goes to the irony I was speaking about before. The re-negotiation happened after 2015. One of the key elements was profitability for the AFL Clubs for home finals. Given our performance in 2016 and 2017 this was obviously to our enormous benefit.

Port look at this conspiratorially that it happened after their epoch in 2014-15.

It was entirely a system of Port jumping the gun and agreeing to go before they had a deal in hand.

Like Brexit.....

Like Brexit.....

It is easy (and fun) to poke Port about this, but obviously in 2012/13 they were hardly coming from a position of bargaining strength and getting out of AAMI was an immediate win.

Easy to say with hindsight that they should have held out for a better deal, at the time it was pretty bloody dire on their end though.

Was Fagan even involved?

Not with the original deal.

Fagan had to lead the re-negotation and fix up yet another one of Triggs fcukups.

It is easy (and fun) to poke Port about this, but obviously in 2012/13 they were hardly coming from a position of bargaining strength and getting out of AAMI was an immediate win.

Easy to say with hindsight that they should have held out for a better deal, at the time it was pretty bloody dire on their end though.
True.

They did what they were told.

KT being new to the job the SANFL handed him was not gonna rock the boat.

Reminds me of TinTins letter to KT.

Surely even the biggest Koolaid drinkers can see it the State jumper with Ports colours, just own it don't come up with some bullshit story.
I have a Tealster mate who said at the time it was the first step to becoming "Southern Power". He hates the jumper and wants the one they wore the AFL Premiership back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back