2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame Ross. St Kilda can’t build their list, even 8 years later. That goddamn Ross.
I hadn't seen a Saints fan use that pearler for ages then somebody dug it out on the main board recently. Baffling.

TBF to them, they still have 2 of their best 3 players away. Not sure that explains their last two games though.

I hadn't seen a Saints fan use that pearler for ages then somebody dug it out on the main board recently. Baffling.

TBF to them, they still have 2 of their best 3 players away. Not sure that explains their last two games though.
As a team, they’re horrible. Sure two players out, but teams have injuries. This sort of effort is quite insipid. The culture sucks. Richardson obviously can’t do it

As a team, they’re horrible. Sure two players out, but teams have injuries. This sort of effort is quite insipid. The culture sucks. Richardson obviously can’t do it
They were decent early in the season but have completely fallen away in the last 6 weeks. They have a similar age and experience profile to us I believe. Could be the coach, but they could also just have too many spuds or a combination of both.

They were decent early in the season but have completely fallen away in the last 6 weeks. They have a similar age and experience profile to us I believe. Could be the coach, but they could also just have too many spuds or a combination of both.
their early season form was simply papering over the cracks.
Their list is and has been below average for years and the coach is your classic case of decent assistant/line coach , rubbish head coach ala harvey

Their the next melbourne .
Rebuild of the rebuild.
I’m sooo happy for deflecto and co😂

their early season form was simply papering over the cracks.
Their list is and has been below average for years and the coach is your classic case of decent assistant/line coach , rubbish head coach ala harvey

Their the next melbourne .
Rebuild of the rebuild.
I’m sooo happy for deflecto and co😂
I find it difficult to be sure the problem is both the coach and the list. It may be, but you can't tell until you have another test case to measure against which you never get.

My gut feel is that the list is below average and Richo is an average coach (not particularly good or bad). I think they need another 2-3 years of quality drafting to set themselves up. I personally would keep Richo on unless he has lost the players as I don't think coach swapping works in your favour unless you current one is terrible or you think you are about to challenge.

I find it difficult to be sure the problem is both the coach and the list. It may be, but you can't tell until you have another test case to measure against which you never get.

My gut feel is that the list is below average and Richo is an average coach (not particularly good or bad). I think they need another 2-3 years of quality drafting to set themselves up. I personally would keep Richo on unless he has lost the players as I don't think coach swapping works in your favour unless you current one is terrible or you think you are about to challenge.
That would be a rebuild marathon.

This year is the first time I have ever doubted Clarko. I think he has overestimated his list. Simply because they just aren't that good (even though they will beat us I am sure) but he persists with an ancient team. I can only assume that he believes enough of their younger players will come on quickly enough and/or they expect multiple quality trades/fa this year to launch at 2020.

I don't see it. A lot of their older players aren't what they were and IMO, they are not developing enough young talent to compensate, let alone take the next step. It really has to happen next year for them IMO.

Nothing personal mate and I will single out your post but why is there so many people that use IMO and IMHO. It’s a forum of individuals, obviously everything you write is your opinion unless you’re quoting someone. I don’t get the need to include it, seems superfluous. Anyway carry on.

That’s just it tho it’s not really as intangible as you think.
Below average coach +below average team =below average performances.
Even worse when you factor in the amount of injuries they have to b22 players.
Either way this squad and or coach ain’t getting it done and not even close.
Time to rebuild again

Nothing personal mate and I will single out your post but why is there so many people that use IMO and IMHO. It’s a forum of individuals, obviously everything you write is your opinion unless you’re quoting someone. I don’t get the need to include it, seems superfluous. Anyway carry on.
My stuff is mostly just facts and more facts.

You're probably right and no doubt it is one of many habits most of us have that make no sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is indeed superfluous. I had a crack at a poster on Knightmare"s thread telling him he should add imo when posting about it young potential draftee. Well yeah, it is his opinion, and that's why you have come to his thread.

What credentials? It’s laughable that the Vic media are talking him up as a contender for another job.

Fair point, I certainly don't rate him but the fap fest from the Vic media is cringe worthy.

All the media around him I read is that he is almost guaranteed to be coaching a club in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back