2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Cesoir

Team Captain
Feb 11, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Funny, just had a read of all the melts earlier in the game about how fantastic the Eagles and Pies are and how we are nowhere near them. Well when we had a reasonably fit side earlier in the year we really pushed the Eagles, and from my recollection we beat the Pies at the MCG.

We can all acknowledge we are not travelling well right at the moment, but prior to the last three weeks when we've basically lost our entire spine we were a pretty good side.

Those players will come back, and we will be even better - onwards and upwards! :airplane:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arkhitect

Bleeding Purple
Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bit odd. Can’t recall a time where I’ve wanted to read anything those flogs post enough to go on their board, even when we’re playing them so it’d be relevant, let alone now when we have nothing to do with them.

West Coast supporters really need to get over their little brother obsession.
Fun fact:

For every post DanWA has made on the Eagles board, there are currently 4.7 more posts of his/hers on our board. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
Not to sound like a Ross supporter, but Collingwoods win was effort over skill. Pressure and set up well, won the ball, bombed it in multiple times and did enough to get the score. 4th quarter reminiscent of our game against Brisbane.
Don’t be afraid to support Ross
It’s called supporting your team and it’s the essence of footy

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Nick Nat will barely make it to finals for them. Watched him closely, I think it’s just a matter of time. One too many injuries. He’s shot.
They’ll be content if he wins the centre bounce taps, Hickey can do the rest.

PapaJ

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Not to sound like a Ross supporter, but Collingwoods win was effort over skill. Pressure and set up well, won the ball, bombed it in multiple times and did enough to get the score. 4th quarter reminiscent of our game against Brisbane.
Something like that, but two things. First, Pies were generally very good with their hands, they hit targets by hand and did so quickly and kept the ball moving with some purpose. We haven't been as good at that lately that's for sure.

Second, Collingwood had tremendous pressure though and that's something we can't quite create to the same level. Looked to me Pies were able to bring the Eagles game down a level. Eagles are 2/3 system and 1/3 skill IMHO, you work hard disrupt flow and make it high pressure, they can't work the system and their wide array of serviceable but average footballers get found out. With NicNat unable to give them drive at stoppages (really his only trick lets face it), then it becomes one way as it was in the last 1/3 of the game.

Last edited:

PapaJ

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Nick Nat will barely make it to finals for them. Watched him closely, I think it’s just a matter of time. One too many injuries. He’s shot.
He looked weary tonight, no doubt which impacts his most (only?) vital asset, his athleticism. Still, second game back after a long layoff is often the worst. Lets see how it pans out, he's got time to build, but blowing up with 50% game time isn't going to cut it you'd think.

freo1997

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
He looked weary tonight, no doubt which impacts his most (only?) vital asset, his athleticism. Still, second game back after a long layoff is often the worst. Lets see how it pans out, he's got time to build, but blowing up with 50% game time isn't going to cut it you'd think.

There was an obvious limp to him. Was basically a statue for most that last quarter. His adrenaline kicks in when he’s got the pill or going up for the tap so it’s not as noticeable, but I was watching him in the corner of tv when he’s not involved and he looks stuffed. Won’t last long one would imagine. They’ll rest him next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

summerthebat

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2007
Teenage Mountain
AFL Club
Fremantle
Congratulations to Nic Nat last night, who recorded his 308th career mark (Tom Hickey has recorded 295 from 70 less games).

You can witness his marking domination on the 'Last 2 minutes' video on the AFL.com.au website, with highlights including; being out positioned and contested by aerial monster 'Jamie Elliot' forcing Nic Nat to spoil the ball out of bounds.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Congratulations to Nic Nat last night, who recorded his 308th career mark (Tom Hickey has recorded 295 from 70 less games).

You can witness his marking domination on the 'Last 2 minutes' video on the AFL.com.au website, with highlights including; being out positioned and contested by aerial monster 'Jamie Elliot' forcing Nic Nat to spoil the ball out of bounds.
And yet if you asked any football follower they’d swear he is a marking machine.

BigTacoBandit

Senior List
Sep 20, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle

Then gets outmarked by Mihochek 30 seconds later.

TheMcManusNose

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
3 Well look we could be in a worse situation.

We could have just extended our relatively inflexible, defensively-minded coach for another 3 years immediately prior to losing to Carlton.

Top Bottom