2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hindenburg should be our symbol

I was at the launch of the Dockers way back in 1995, I heard some voice behind me cry out "oh the humanity!!" Always wondered what he was on about, all these years later, it's become clearer.

We aren’t tanking. Ross’s time at Freo was riding on getting some finals games into the side.

Surely then now is the time to get a caretaker in to show something / develop some coherence? Can’t believe the board didn’t act after last week’s embarrassment. Club is such a joke.

I think we’re tanking

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we aren't I think we should start. Not overtly of course but we can use the next six weeks to experiment with players, and positions. The biggest barrier will be Lyon's position - which is why the club needs to make the call that he can coach into 2020 and set parameters around what he will do for the next six games.

Bloody Sutcliffe! I was one of his only supporters when he was with us and how does he repay me? But stuffing my Brownlow bet on Lachie up! Bastard!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how about that cricket match huh

I was too tired to watch the rest. Thought "The Kiwis have this, I'm confident of that. I'll try sleep now"

Wake up to finding out the Poms had snagged it in dramatic fashion. I regret not having a coffee and trying to watch now.

Bastards. I think I'm more annoyed at who won it, rather than the finale

Kiwis were robbed. England did not win the world cup. They were simply awarded the world cup. There’s a clear distinction there… They did not score more than their opposition.

Can you imagine a soccer world cup decided on whoever conceded the fewer yellow cards, or whoever had the most corners, or something similarly arbitrary?? At least in a penalty shootout, you score more than the opposition – which is what a game is all about. Highest score wins…

It's like if in the Wimbledon final they just stopped at 12-12 all in the fifth, and awarded the final to Federer, seeing as he had won 36 games to 31 over the five sets. But no, they logically had a tie-break where Djokovic scored more than Federer, thus winning the fifth set.

I'd normally laugh and say "sucked in En Zed", but I feel real really bad for them here.

Kiwis were robbed. England did not win the world cup. They were simply awarded the world cup. There’s a clear distinction there… They did not score more than their opposition.

Can you imagine a soccer world cup decided on whoever conceded the fewer yellow cards, or whoever had the most corners, or something similarly arbitrary?? At least in a penalty shootout, you score more than the opposition – which is what a game is all about. Highest score wins…

It's like if in the Wimbledon final they just stopped at 12-12 all in the fifth, and awarded the final to Federer, seeing as he had won 36 games to 31 over the five sets. But no, they logically had a tie-break where Djokovic scored more than Federer, thus winning the fifth set.

I'd normally laugh and say "sucked in En Zed", but I feel real really bad for them here.
Last World Cup Senegal were eliminated because they had more yellow cards but I agree with your point

NZ should have wont he game after 100 overs anyway. The umps made a clanger in awarding 6 runs from the overthrow event: it should only have been 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back