2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PapaJ

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
I call bs personally. We all know the AFL would bury this story, absolutely no chance they let this go public. Eddie would pay off the AFL if he had too
I personally put little weight in the rumours. But, if true to the extent being suggested, it would be hard for the AFL to bury it entirely - but they will manipulate the timing and narrative as best they can. For example, they might wait until the dead period after the AFL draft to go official with it and work it from there.

Sweetback

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I personally put little weight in the rumours. But, if true to the extent being suggested, it would be hard for the AFL to bury it entirely - but they will manipulate the timing and narrative as best they can. For example, they might wait until the dead period after the AFL draft to go official with it and work it from there.
It would be the kind of story they have no control over if enough of it gets out.

As someone has already alluded to, might not be a bad year to finish ninth.

BlueE

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
It would be the kind of story they have no control over if enough of it gets out.

As someone has already alluded to, might not be a bad year to finish ninth.
I agree so I hope we don't stop trying!

Apologies to "Semi Pro" movie with 4th place, have the chant 9th place, 9th place, going on in my brain.o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kram

I'll brik u
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
They have injuries but I agree. They should be better than they are.
Yep, even we are only 2 or 3 wins behind them with a weaker list and practically a whole spine out injured most of the season.

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Imagine the crap Cameron would cop in the media should Canberra or Western Sydney be AFL towns
Just thinking that. GWS severely underperforming and have no hardness within the group. No effort.
But hey, they’re in the finals. If GWS were ruthless, they would sack him if they don’t make top 4

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Not for Freo though? We've had many weeks without at least 6 of our best 22 (Pearce, Hogan, Hill, Tabs/Cox, Sandi/Darcy/Lobb, Blakely/Wilson/Logue) yet have had a heap of criticism lumped on us.
And managed to snagged a few gritty wins. GWS have been a failure, tbh the last few years. No dominance or dynasty teams. Richmond Bulldogs got the miracle flag. GWS just fell over with an underachieving, overrated side coached by a soft, nice coach. But they’re okay making finals with the star okayers they have, then they leave the next year. Didn’t capitalize at all with the talent they have at their disposal.

Square Peg

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2014
Fremantle WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not for Freo though? We've had many weeks without at least 6 of our best 22 (Pearce, Hogan, Hill, Tabs/Cox, Sandi/Darcy/Lobb, Blakely/Wilson/Logue) yet have had a heap of criticism lumped on us.
There's a difference between elite and best 22. We aren't missing Coniglio or Kelly types - that's Fyfe and Walters territory

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
There's a difference between elite and best 22. We aren't missing Coniglio or Kelly types - that's Fyfe and Walters territory
For GWS their draft picks are all elite anyway. That’s hardly fair on the comp. guess they’re being found out as an ordinary team that fails to work hard or put in effort. Lachie Whitfield is the prime example of GWS. Such a talented, well spoken about but when the going gets tough, never gets going. Soft as butter.

tants

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Or Pearce and Hogan. I think those two are equally as important/elite as Cogs and Kelly. Besides the comment was GWS were missing 6 elite players, I read that as best 22 because otherwise it is implying de Boer, Langdon, Patton are elite (along with the Kelly, Cogs, Ward who clearly are elite).

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Himmelberg & Finlayson were both out tonight as well. Those guys are in the top 12 of goal kickers this year. Hogan wasn't anywhere near the level these guys are at when he went down. Those 2 with Cameron are one of the best forward lines in the comp.

Hopper out of the midfield along with Kelly, Cogs, Ward. And like it or not DeBoer is best 22 for them and has been very important this year as a stopper.

Thats 7 out 6 of who are very good to elite.

I don't disagree they're underperforming & have done so consistently but they do seem to have one of the worst runs with injury.

Last edited:

Top Bottom