2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints blues demons..god what could’ve been

If Freo were a one goal better side this year we would now have 12 wins and be in the finals.
A 2 goal better side and we would be on 13 wins.
A 3 goal better side and possibly be on 16 wins ... same as Brisbane Lions.

I would like to believe that with our best 22, we would have been a 3 goal better side.
Now I know it's unrealistic to think of having your best 22 play each week, but that is where Brisbane Lions have done so well.

Geez Smith is one tough hombre. Fought till the very last second before the medics practically dragged him off.

And as an aside, I remember why I never liked Brad Haddin. That fricken gum chewing like a camel.

And that blow Smith took could’ve very easily been another Phil Hughes. It was brutal and hit him in the same region as Hughes was hit. 😣

Just saw that hanger from Lincoln McCarthy at the end of the Brisbane/Geelong game and I may be in the minority but I think it should have been a free to the Geelong bloke. McCarthy's hands were on the defender's shoulders which is high contact to start with, but the case could also be made that he pushed down to give himself more height which has been illegal for a few years now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Smith walked back out I commented to my housemate that cricket was probably the sort of hand-eye sport where concussion would have a really noticeable effect.

Next minute he shoulders arms to one hitting middle stump halfway up... then looks like he was about to walk... then turns around and reviews it.

Gutsy effort coming back out but he didn't look right.

Just saw that hanger from Lincoln McCarthy at the end of the Brisbane/Geelong game and I may be in the minority but I think it should have been a free to the Geelong bloke. McCarthy's hands were on the defender's shoulders which is high contact to start with, but the case could also be made that he pushed down to give himself more height which has been illegal for a few years now.
They never pay that if you hold it. If you drop it, quite often a different story. Love the consistency of umpiring in this sport. 🙄

Geez Smith is one tough hombre. Fought till the very last second before the medics practically dragged him off.

And as an aside, I remember why I never liked Brad Haddin. That fricken gum chewing like a camel.

And that blow Smith took could’ve very easily been another Phil Hughes. It was brutal and hit him in the same region as Hughes was hit. 😣
Yes, and on top of that, Joffra thought it was funny and didn’t even bother walking the 22 yards to the other end to see if Smith was ok. Says a lot about the guy. The booing when he came back out was atrocious, plus Smith was kidding himself if he thought he was ok when he clearly wasn’t. His LBW, it was plumb, Smith would normally never let that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back