2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Greene's Counsel said at the Tribunal, Lachie rose from the pack grabbing his nose and not rubbing eye, consistent with Lachie's own evidence.

Do players have team meetings on how to reduce the effectiveness of opposition players outside the game situations? Like elbows to the groin, fingernails on the eyeball etc?
At AFL level, no there aren’t team meetings as such, but I’m sure a couple of defenders or mids would get together a discuss how to potentially slow down a key opposition player carrying an injury.

At WAFL level a few years ago it was discussed, particularly if it wasn’t a telecast game that weekend. Now, not so much as it is process driven coaching.

At amateur level, yes it is discussed on how to piss off key opponents when the umps aren’t looking.

It is not 'clear as day'. Jeff Farmer was dodgy as with a poor tribunal record, I bet if he missed a PF based on that you would have gone into meltdown.

It's not clear as day but it's far from murky either. Looks worse from that angle. Mind you I still think he was stiff this week and gifted last week but it seems less egregious on that footage.

I still don't think that action deserves a week suspension however I can see if they really wanted to rub him up that the footage could hold up the verdict. As many have said, if it wasn't Toby Greene it doesn't get a week which is the main issue I have with the whole thing.

Eye gouging is just not on. He raked across the (luckily closed) eye and for mine he had to go. End of story. 1 week minimum. More if you want to consider his record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two holds by Henderson on the goalline handy

Kelly might be thinking, if I’m going to Freo next year I might not get to play a final for a few years so I’d better make the most of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back