2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not directly related to the Lee conversation and more related to International fast bowlers, but I was having a look at the all time wicket takers list with my father in law yesterday. Interestingly, the best averages for fast bowlers on the list were Ambrose and Marshall from West Indies. If I recall correctly McGrath, Donald and Hadlee were all pretty close behind although McGrath took considerably more wickets than the others. All of these bowlers had great control and consistency in line and length which set them apart from other bowlers.
It got me wondering if Donald would have been up in McGrath territory by the end of his career if SA had played more cricket early in his career. He was a great combination of raw speed and technical skill.

That first South African side that toured Aus under Kronje once they were allowed to again had some wonderful talent - Kirsten bros, Cullinan, Rhodes, Wessels, Symcox, DeVilliers, Donald etc.
That was 2 genuine cricket heavyweights going at each other, Aus had AB, Boon, Slats, Taylor, Waugh's, Martin, McGrath, McDermott, Warne.
2nd Test, Aus 2nd innings DeVillers and Donald routed Aus for 111 and took all the wickets between them!

yyou mate can you start the 2020 nonfreo nonsense thread, I am a bad luck charm I have decided so I think it's your turn
Hey Square Peg. It's done. Happy new year mate :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back