2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can you imagine Chisholm with today's kick in rules? Pure chaos theory.

Once again Freo were well ahead of the times.
I remember being at a mate's place when I was about 14 watching a game v the Dogs iirc and yelling out F***!!! when he kicked it straight back to an opposition forward about 30m out. Don't think his old man was too impressed but then again he was an Eagles flog so **** him.

I remember being at a mate's place when I was about 14 watching a game v the Dogs iirc and yelling out F***!!! when he kicked it straight back to an opposition forward about 30m out. Don't think his old man was too impressed but then again he was an Eagles flog so **** him.
That’s been me the past 10 years with MJ. He was good for one turnover goal a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s been me the past 10 years with MJ. He was good for one turnover goal a game.
It was never dull with MJ on kick ins. Could be a beautiful kick setting up an attack, or it could also go straight to the opposition.

Demons look a mess. Think they took a punt on Weideman too early and they needed Hogan more than they want to believe.

I think Weideman can become one of the games best tall forwards but I think they needed some sort of backup option at least

Their real problem is Tom McDonald’s great season in attack last year looks like a flash in a pan.

Haha I was at that game , was hard to see where I was sitting but remember the crowd going nuts!
Me too
We were in the Inverarity stand. I reckon Gale did a great job on Carey if I'm not mistaken. T'was a surprise as he was more a wing type before the game.
Bloody loved Willsy & remember him leading the Brownlow after a few rounds 1 year.

Hard to gauge but makes you wonder how much effect rattens had since going there
I think Ratten definitely has an effect and also Brandon Lade who the Mongrel Punt gives a shout out to.

It was St Kilda’s defensive structures and much higher work rate that proved the difference on the day, as time and time again, the Saints showed a willingness to empty the forward line to get numbers behind the ball, and stymy Melbourne in the back half of the centre square, forcing them to chip it around until space presented itself, which it seldom ever did. This was a real feather in the cap of new St Kilda coaching box addition, Brendon Lade, having performed similar miracles with Richmond’s defensive pressure. The signature is there with a hungry St Kilda defence, largely made up of no-name types prepared to tackle, hold formation, chase hard and work for their teammates.
https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2019/04/18/wrapsaintsdees-9c5za

Bulldogs really struggling against Carlton’s talls, especially MacKay. We should be able to exploit their shorter defenders. Cordy is 193cm, Bailey Williams is 199 but only 20. Lots of inexperience there. Wood and Young are below 190cm.
And Croz plays as a 3rd tall and he is 186cm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back