2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why is it that people get mad at Ross Lyon for low scoring games but Gold Coast Melbourne yesterday was low scoring until the last minute and Hawthorn GWS is 39-28 near the end of the third? It's a very low scoring year.
Ross isn’t very popular. If he can be blamed for anything or made to look bad, it’ll happen. Just the reality.

bzparkes

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Wet Toast really do get kissed on the d**k by the umps. They really have no right to boo the umps when they’re the no. 1 team for free kick differentials (just a guess without looking at stats).
Actually we were 9th this year with a negative differential prior to that game if you must know so a pretty poor guess.

gaskin

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks
Never underestimate the bandwagon ability of Perth people. At Glory games this season, we have been getting roughly 10k per game. 17-18k rocked up for the Semi-Final on Friday night. Now, in the ~36 hours since tickets for the GF went on sale, they have reportedly sold 42k.

I knew Perth people were bad and we'd get a lot of bandwagoners show up, but I didn't realise just how bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
Never underestimate the bandwagon ability of Perth people. At Glory games this season, we have been getting roughly 10k per game. 17-18k rocked up for the Semi-Final on Friday night. Now, in the ~36 hours since tickets for the GF went on sale, they have reportedly sold 42k.

I knew Perth people were bad and we'd get a lot of bandwagoners show up, but I didn't realise just how bad.
What's the problem? You don't want the support? #crybaby

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
I was just looking at the SANFL ladder and last years premiers North Adelaide, coached by Josh Carr, are at the bottom, but the curious thing is that they have won 1 game lost 5 and their points total is -2. They must have incurred some points deduction for this season stemming from last year's grand final interchange debacle.

Recent Fremantle assistant coach Mark Stone is coaching (current 2nd place) Glenelg this year.

armpit

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Saw the end of the game and the presentation, that it must have seemed like a shonky win for the team and the coach because W.A. kicked so many points. Looked like they must have been beaten all around the ground except on the scoreboard. Just saying Joshy might not be such a good coach.

yyou

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
some Tigers fans are upset the grinning idiot didn't watch every game before voting for the Rising Star nomination.
I agree he should've, but Miers was worthy.
Ripper player & the Cats continue to build their team. (Constable is also a bewt)

FreoRicci

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards

Tayl0r

AFL Club
Fremantle
Moderator #2,172
It makes me feel a bit dirty that there have been players retiring before the May 27th deadline.

Bulldogs stand to gain $1,000,000 extra salary cap room and a draft pick in the mid year.

But that lingering feeling that they've tapped a player on the shoulder and given the old "have your resignation on my desk in the morning" remains..

Square Peg

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thread starter #2,173
Unfortunately being a number one pick on a million bucks a year is going to mean you have mega-scrutiny.
It's funny how the Swans got hit with the Buddy rule that they would have to include his contract on their salary cap even if he did the same thing, but it seems the Bulldogs are going to be cleared of all Boyd liabilities after this year.

DanWA

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Unfortunately being a number one pick on a million bucks a year is going to mean you have mega-scrutiny.
It's funny how the Swans got hit with the Buddy rule that they would have to include his contract on their salary cap even if he did the same thing, but it seems the Bulldogs are going to be cleared of all Boyd liabilities after this year.
I think the difference was Buddy was a FA

Not seen it mentioned though

Top Bottom