2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeez. Perth Glory going about it the hard way! Phew. Epic contest.

Watched it delayed - epic game alright.

Must say I wasn't impressed with Perth's front half play, particulary for the first 3/4 of the game. Held it too much and didn't use loose players anywhere near enough - almost cost them in the end. But any Glory fan is going to take the result though ... GF bound, nice!!

Watched it delayed - epic game alright.

Must say I wasn't impressed with Perth's front half play, particulary for the first 3/4 of the game. Held it too much and didn't use loose players anywhere near enough - almost cost them in the end. But any Glory fan is going to take the result though ... GF bound, nice!!

That was my main gripe with the performance. Going forward, they could barely string a pass together. We were lucky Adelaide are s**t and it didn't cost us in the end. Any other time and we win that 3 or 4 nil.

That was my main gripe with the performance. Going forward, they could barely string a pass together. We were lucky Adelaide are **** and it didn't cost us in the end. Any other time and we win that 3 or 4 nil.
It’s the nerves and the fact Adelaide was ready for any counter attack. Castro has to be the greatest Glory player, ever. This season and the past few years. Incredible. I mean sure Bobby was great, but haven’t had this sort of consistency or class at Perth, ever.

Whats everyones thoughts on Rampe pole dancing ? Personally glad a free kick wasn't paid. From a feel of the game stand point no one wants to see a game decided by that.

Yes and No. I'd hate for a final to be decided by it and would hope for some contextual commom sense to be applied in that situation but sometimes you do have to ping someone for stupidity and it costs a game and this felt like a good time to do it.

Whats everyones thoughts on Rampe pole dancing ? Personally glad a free kick wasn't paid. From a feel of the game stand point no one wants to see a game decided by that.

Absolute joke that the umpires didn’t call it. If it’s there, call it. That’s all people want from umpires. Don’t guess, don’t make your own decision of it! He was clearly shaking the post which is a clear penalty, so call it!

Yes and No. I'd hate for a final to be decided by it and would hope for some contextual commom sense to be applied in that situation but sometimes you do have to ping someone for stupidity and it costs a game and this felt like a good time to do it.
It's in the rule book. It's a blatant foul, there's no grey area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good result for us and its apparent that no matter how much the East Coast media crap on about how good Essendon are , they are pretty average...
AFL have worked it out that we meet them next week on a 6 day break to thier 8 day break..
We will still be too good...
Except that since the umpires stuffed up big time by not giving them a free kick on the square for the monkey business, don't you think they're going to be "evening up" big time against Perth next week?

It's in the rule book. It's a blatant foul, there's no grey area.
Agree. It's spelt out in black and white in the rules and should have been a free. No where does it say there is a warning to be given and was a mistake the umpires will be crucified for all this week.

I say watch out for Essendon to be given every soft free kick next week. Flogs!

Only the field umpire can. I have long been of the opinion that goal and boundary umpires should be able to pay stuff if the umpire misses it. Or at least be able to bring something to their attention.

Only the field umpire can. I have long been of the opinion that goal and boundary umpires should be able to pay stuff if the umpire misses it. Or at least be able to bring something to their attention.
All the players were bringing it to the umpires attention and if they'd had any idea of the rules they should have paid it, but they didn't.

If anybody is interested, there's a relatively new youtube channel called "Football Park TV" that is worth a laugh. Has some short animated clips including a couple that make fun of West Coast. (But warning, it may offend some, hence I haven't provided a link what with the new BF censorship rules).
How can a documentary be against new BF rules?

So Gill comes out and states that the umpire handled the Rampe pole dancing with common sense!!!!!!!!

Where were you last week with your umpire assessments you weak as piss bias VFL centric piece of crap CEO!

TOTALLY DISGUSTING

Gill is a clown. Terrible CEO

Some good games on today. Hopefully the Lions lose to clear the way for top 4 if we win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back