2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wet Toast really do get kissed on the d**k by the umps. They really have no right to boo the umps when they’re the no. 1 team for free kick differentials (just a guess without looking at stats).
Actually we were 9th this year with a negative differential prior to that game if you must know so a pretty poor guess.

Never underestimate the bandwagon ability of Perth people. At Glory games this season, we have been getting roughly 10k per game. 17-18k rocked up for the Semi-Final on Friday night. Now, in the ~36 hours since tickets for the GF went on sale, they have reportedly sold 42k.

I knew Perth people were bad and we'd get a lot of bandwagoners show up, but I didn't realise just how bad.

Never underestimate the bandwagon ability of Perth people. At Glory games this season, we have been getting roughly 10k per game. 17-18k rocked up for the Semi-Final on Friday night. Now, in the ~36 hours since tickets for the GF went on sale, they have reportedly sold 42k.

I knew Perth people were bad and we'd get a lot of bandwagoners show up, but I didn't realise just how bad.
What's the problem? You don't want the support? #crybaby

I was just looking at the SANFL ladder and last years premiers North Adelaide, coached by Josh Carr, are at the bottom, but the curious thing is that they have won 1 game lost 5 and their points total is -2. They must have incurred some points deduction for this season stemming from last year's grand final interchange debacle.

Recent Fremantle assistant coach Mark Stone is coaching (current 2nd place) Glenelg this year.

Saw the end of the game and the presentation, that it must have seemed like a shonky win for the team and the coach because W.A. kicked so many points. Looked like they must have been beaten all around the ground except on the scoreboard. Just saying Joshy might not be such a good coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some Tigers fans are upset the grinning idiot didn't watch every game before voting for the Rising Star nomination.
I agree he should've, but Miers was worthy.
Ripper player & the Cats continue to build their team. (Constable is also a bewt)

It makes me feel a bit dirty that there have been players retiring before the May 27th deadline.

Bulldogs stand to gain $1,000,000 extra salary cap room and a draft pick in the mid year.

But that lingering feeling that they've tapped a player on the shoulder and given the old "have your resignation on my desk in the morning" remains..

Unfortunately being a number one pick on a million bucks a year is going to mean you have mega-scrutiny.
It's funny how the Swans got hit with the Buddy rule that they would have to include his contract on their salary cap even if he did the same thing, but it seems the Bulldogs are going to be cleared of all Boyd liabilities after this year.

Unfortunately being a number one pick on a million bucks a year is going to mean you have mega-scrutiny.
It's funny how the Swans got hit with the Buddy rule that they would have to include his contract on their salary cap even if he did the same thing, but it seems the Bulldogs are going to be cleared of all Boyd liabilities after this year.

I think the difference was Buddy was a FA

Not seen it mentioned though

I think the difference was Buddy was a FA

Not seen it mentioned though

You could be right about the FA thing, though I suspect the main difference was Demetriou spat the dummy when his Buddy to GWS plot fell over, and he just made the rule up

Sad new about Boyd. A trade bust but at the same time also a huge win with the part he played in helping them win that elusive flag. Most clubs who have not won a premiership for an extended period of time would take that I think. Good luck to him with his life post AFL.

A bit sad for Boyd but hopefully he's in a better headspace post football. Ask the Dogs fans if they regret the trade in light of his 2016 GF. I wouldn't mind a million dollar a year 'bust' that immediately helps wins a flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back