2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
All this boo hoo Lachie Neal fairy tale garbage because he left the club. Freo fans has more than its fair share of d1ckheads.
Right. So Neale leaves because he wants to be the main man, thinks Brisbane are ahead in the development. But yeah we should wish him well.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I've always been against the Neale bashing because they guy hasn't done anything wrong except go to a different club, but of course he must be Satan for daring to do such a thing hey??
I have nothing against him, who can blame someone leaving a job for a pay rise and we got fairly compensated by Brisbane.

snooplions

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Right. So Neale leaves because he wants to be the main man, thinks Brisbane are ahead in the development. But yeah we should wish him well.
Not sure if you guys are aware of this but Neale has coaching ambitions after football and I assume like everyone else, he has seen the hawthorn machine pump out successful premiership winning coaches under the mentoring of Chris Fagan. I suspect this is one of the main reasons he moved to Brisbane.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Not sure if you guys are aware of this but Neale has coaching ambitions after football and I assume like everyone else, he has seen the hawthorn machine pump out successful premiership winning coaches under the mentoring of Chris Fagan. I suspect this is one of the main reasons he moved to Brisbane.
Short term thinking in my opinion. As a coach you want to build loyalty in your player base, and you definitely don't want core players leaving. Difficult to ask that of players if it is not how you practiced during your career.

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
This. All the Neale bashing is embarrassing and pathetic.

I see him like an ex-girlfriend or ex-wife.
After the initial bitterness I appreciate the good times we once shared.
I got this philosophy from Anthony Kiedis' biography, Scar Tissue.
I now have good relationships with any ex I am still in touch with.
All the best Lachie, except against us

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Few people in here getting a bit precious. Yes Neale in person is a great man and did his best whilst he was at our club.

But football is a tribal game and he left us when we wanted him to stay for another club. A club he thinks is better than ours.

It’s only natural for some supporters to wish that the trade fails for Lachie.

I for one loved watching Curnow smash him in the second half. Bet he wishes he had Fyfe next to him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One_Wing

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Few people in here getting a bit precious. Yes Neale in person is a great man and did his best whilst he was at our club.

But football is a tribal game and he left us when we wanted him to stay for another club. A club he thinks is better than ours.

It’s only natural for some supporters to wish that the trade fails for Lachie.

I for one loved watching Curnow smash him in the second half. Bet he wishes he had Fyfe next to him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, I don't have any personal ill will towards Lachie, I hope he lives a long and happy life. I just also hope he fails miserably on the footy field.

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
Exactly, I don't have any personal ill will towards Lachie, I hope he lives a long and happy life. I just also hope he fails miserably on the footy field.
Same. I hope Brisbane never win another flag. But I'm not going to pretend he wasn't a good player for us.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Exactly. So many precious fans here. Lachie was great for us no doubt. He was the best and fairest, then leaves. I mean it’s all business for him. Wants to be number 1 midfielder. There you go, it’s his. What happens? Gets bullied and has no back up. Zorko, Robinson and Lyons around him.. okay, they’re better then us? Okay.
He plays better with a Fyfe taking the tag. Didn’t realize it then today he will. Live and learn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back