2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the crap Cameron would cop in the media should Canberra or Western Sydney be AFL towns
Just thinking that. GWS severely underperforming and have no hardness within the group. No effort.
But hey, they’re in the finals. If GWS were ruthless, they would sack him if they don’t make top 4

GWS are playing without about 6 or more of their elite players. There is a tipping point.
Not for Freo though? We've had many weeks without at least 6 of our best 22 (Pearce, Hogan, Hill, Tabs/Cox, Sandi/Darcy/Lobb, Blakely/Wilson/Logue) yet have had a heap of criticism lumped on us.

Not for Freo though? We've had many weeks without at least 6 of our best 22 (Pearce, Hogan, Hill, Tabs/Cox, Sandi/Darcy/Lobb, Blakely/Wilson/Logue) yet have had a heap of criticism lumped on us.
And managed to snagged a few gritty wins. GWS have been a failure, tbh the last few years. No dominance or dynasty teams. Richmond Bulldogs got the miracle flag. GWS just fell over with an underachieving, overrated side coached by a soft, nice coach. But they’re okay making finals with the star okayers they have, then they leave the next year. Didn’t capitalize at all with the talent they have at their disposal.

There's a difference between elite and best 22. We aren't missing Coniglio or Kelly types - that's Fyfe and Walters territory

There's a difference between elite and best 22. We aren't missing Coniglio or Kelly types - that's Fyfe and Walters territory
For GWS their draft picks are all elite anyway. That’s hardly fair on the comp. guess they’re being found out as an ordinary team that fails to work hard or put in effort. Lachie Whitfield is the prime example of GWS. Such a talented, well spoken about but when the going gets tough, never gets going. Soft as butter.

Himmelberg & Finlayson were both out tonight as well. Those guys are in the top 12 of goal kickers this year. Hogan wasn't anywhere near the level these guys are at when he went down. Those 2 with Cameron are one of the best forward lines in the comp.

Hopper out of the midfield along with Kelly, Cogs, Ward. And like it or not DeBoer is best 22 for them and has been very important this year as a stopper.

Thats 7 out 6 of who are very good to elite.

I don't disagree they're underperforming & have done so consistently but they do seem to have one of the worst runs with injury.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Himmelberg & Finlayson were both out tonight as well. Those guys are in the top 12 of goal kickers this year. Hogan wasn't anywhere near the level these guys are at when he went down. Those 2 with Cameron are one of the best forward lines in the comp.

Hopper out of the midfield along with Kelly, Cogs, Ward. And like it or not DeBoer is best 22 for them and has been very important this year as a stopper.

Thats 7 out 6 of who are very good to elite.

I don't disagree they're underperforming & have done so consistently but they do seem to have one of the worst runs with injury.
I had missed Hopper as a late out. I agree that they were without a lot of talent. They have that reason. In my opinion, Freo have lost important talent and that should be taken into consideration like it has for GWS.

I had missed Hopper as a late out. I agree that they were without a lot of talent. They have that reason. In my opinion, Freo have lost important talent and that should be taken into consideration like it has for GWS.
I think it is taken into consideration by reasonable footy judges and GWS were absolutely baked by Dermie or Duck or whoever was pontificating on the broadcast tonight.
I don't believe we are treated particularly kindly by much of the media but I also believe we tend to notice more when its about us and perhaps not as much when other sides are getting a bake.

I think it is taken into consideration by reasonable footy judges and GWS were absolutely baked by Dermie or Duck or whoever was pontificating on the broadcast tonight.
I don't believe we are treated particularly kindly by much of the media but I also believe we tend to notice more when its about us and perhaps not as much when other sides are getting a bake.
I know it is oft scoffed at but Hawks were older, more mature and had less players under 50 games (and a stack more over 150). A reasonable judge should have expected a tough time for GWS (at "home" in Canberra I thought they would still win) because they were beyond breaking point

Teams to barrack for this weekend with an eye to finals: Sydney, Bulldogs, and the most important one which might upset a few - Eagles.
As if!
I will never barrack for the scum.
If we are good enough, we can get there. It ain't likely, but who knows?
This week it's go Freo & go crows for me.

As if!
I will never barrack for the scum.
If we are good enough, we can get there. It ain't likely, but who knows?
This week it's go Freo & go crows for me.

Actually not true, if Adelaide and Essendon keep winning then we definitely won’t make it.
See I don’t get this. I barrack for freo and couldn’t really give a stuff about other teams, including the eagles. I usually cheer against them, think them and their fan base are a bunch of arrogant w@nkers but at the end of the day I don’t care about their results unless it affects freo which this game does. I’d rather see us have a shot of making finals then them losing some random H&A game.
It probably helps living away from wa.

No question but last night tells you more about Leon than clarko.

Couldn’t agree more.
I’ve said it also that Leon Cameron is a big average coach - and it appears communicator.
Talent that he has had at his disposal - beggars belief how they haven’t achieved more.
Since the De Boer injury they have lost their kill at the coal face - too many front runners.

Actually not true, if Adelaide and Essendon keep winning then we definitely won’t make it.
See I don’t get this. I barrack for freo and couldn’t really give a stuff about other teams, including the eagles. I usually cheer against them, think them and their fan base are a bunch of arrogant w@nkers but at the end of the day I don’t care about their results unless it affects freo which this game does. I’d rather see us have a shot of making finals then them losing some random H&A game.
It probably helps living away from wa.
We'll have to agree to disagree except when it comes down to the chance of playing finals. Your point is correct, but I detest the scum & my hatred of them was one of my top reasons to leave WA
Personally I want Freo to win every game in the future & the chardonnays to lose every game, forever.
That's not too much to ask for is it?

Might’ve been asked but who is better for us out of Dons and Dogs?
Dogs loss knocks them out which is good
But Dons loss and they could lose all 3 to end 11-11. But that relies on the Pies who may not have much to play for.

And all relies on us actually playing well for 3 more weeks!
We need teams with more wins than us to lose, so Dogs win is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back