2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
I'm not sure where to discuss this, or if there is a discussion somewhere already, but;
What's happening with the hard surface at Optus Stadium. Is anything being done to soften it?
As long as it gets used for cricket in the summer it will always be a hard surface this time of year.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's a hard surface at all times of year, because it was built on sand. It it very hard under foot, even when the grass is cut long. It's causing injuries to Freo, Eagle and interstate players. Buddy Franklin probably won't ever play here again.

I heard a while back that the Eagles offered to pay for the oval to be resurfaced in the summer, but Cricket commitments made that a non-option. Since then, I've heard nothing. What gives.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
For anyone interested in the NFL tonight's game between Seattle and San Francisco was an overtime classic.
I am fortunate enough to be visiting family in the USA and watched it live in a sports bar in Denver, a great experience ✅

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
For anyone interested in the NFL tonight's game between Seattle and San Francisco was an overtime classic.
I am fortunate enough to be visiting family in the USA and watched it live in a sports bar in Denver, a great experience ✅

Speaking of Denver. Their Airport is possibly the strangest one on the planet.

I saw something yesterday about a United Airlines pilot getting arrested for being naked in his 10th-floor hotel room at the Denver airport. Apparently someone outside the room could see him through the window and called the cops.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos

With the underground railway to take you from one concourse to another? It is unusual but works brilliantly once you get used to it.
Denver has had a huge influx of young trendy types since legalizing marijuana for medicinal purposes a few years back. This has given the whole local economy a real boost with breweries, bars and restaurants popping up everywhere.
Who would ever think legalizing marijuana could be such a positive force?

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
With the underground railway to take you from one concourse to another? It is unusual but works brilliantly once you get used to it.
Denver has had a huge influx of young trendy types since legalizing marijuana for medicinal purposes a few years back. This has given the whole local economy a real boost with breweries, bars and restaurants popping up everywhere.
Who would ever think legalizing marijuana could be such a positive force?

I hear SoDoSoPa is a real up and coming neighbourhood.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett has been suspended indefinitely without pay after ripping the helmet off Steelers QB Mason Rudolph and then hitting Rudolph on the head with it. There was a bit more biffo as well when some of the Steelers ballast moved in to settle the score.
All this happened with 8 seconds of play left on the clock. An ugly end to an ugly game.
Well worth checking out for a laugh.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett has been suspended indefinitely without pay after ripping the helmet off Steelers QB Mason Rudolph and then hitting Rudolph on the head with it. There was a bit more biffo as well when some of the Steelers ballast moved in to settle the score.
All this happened with 8 seconds of play left on the clock. An ugly end to an ugly game.
Classy response from Cleveland's QB after the game about the action. Inexcusable, endangering the other team, hurts his own own team by being suspended. Aussie rules in contrast seems to be deny the bad behaviour or make some pathetic excuse for it.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Makes me wonder if this is the result of roid rage with NFL not conforming to WADA but have their own standards and own punishments.

For example in May this year an Arizona Cardinal player was suspended for 6 games for a performance enhancing drug violation :oops:. Good of him not to appeal!

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Holy s**t the Jack Martin thread is a dumpster fire.

Unbelievable that a player that average is having so much debate on top of the rumored 500k+ contract.

He's so below average it isn't funny. If he wasn't a mini draft pick he wouldn't even be in the AFL anymore.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Holy s**t the Jack Martin thread is a dumpster fire.

Unbelievable that a player that average is having so much debate on top of the rumored 500k+ contract.

He's so below average it isn't funny. If he wasn't a mini draft pick he wouldn't even be in the AFL anymore.

That is a very poor take. Not worth the big bucks but he's undeniably an AFL-quality player

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
St Kilda recruit lapped in the time trial.

Hill!? BigFooty would have melted down if that happened.

Dougal Howard. Even Darcy doesn't get lapped does he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back