2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Good on him, pretty amazing effort, but I always think any bowler who gives a batter (let alone two) a send-off like he did, is a massive dick. I hope Stanlake gets him for a first ball duck, right through him knocking middle stump flying next time he faces him. Keep your celebrations with your teammates you muppet.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
I'll just leave this here.

If I’ve got the numbers right, that’s about 2.5 kicks in WCs favor per game over those 8 years (2012-2019). That a hella ton.

I would like to see the breakdown by each year. In 2019 they were just under us in free kicks paid which makes the average even higher per game during certain years.

And poor GWS. Their fans really have some sh** to be ticked about.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Good on him, pretty amazing effort, but I always think any bowler who gives a batter (let alone two) a send-off like he did, is a massive dick. I hope Stanlake gets him for a first ball duck, right through him knocking middle stump flying next time he faces him. Keep your celebrations with your teammates you muppet.
You can tell by the haircut he was one of those kids at school who excelled at sport at the expense of his education

You can tell by the haircut he was one of those kids at school who excelled at sport at the expense of his education
he’s a fast bowler, it’s practically in the job description

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
Yep looks like a couple of years ago around the same time all trees had to jump out of his way. Got to admire how WC keeps this out of the media for so long!!
Their supporters are jumping up and down about it yet forget all the s**t that keeps getting dragged up about Hogan

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
As they should be, it’s a rubbish story that serves no purpose.
I totally agree with you and don’t understand why they’ve brought up something from the past - it’s click bait. They’ll still bring up that pic of Hogan in a Santa suit for the opposition to gleefully kick him in the guts. Neither is right.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers

Woah that's a big penalty.

I find the science of doping fascinating, part of me wishes I was old enough to have appreciated the arms race of the US v Russian doping scientists during the Cold War.

That same part of me feels a little sympathy towards Russia for not being sophisticated enough or not having enough money to hide their doping as well as the Americans and Chinese these days. They're like little kids clumsily trying to keep up with the big boys.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

I find the science of doping fascinating, part of me wishes I was old enough to have appreciated the arms race of the US v Russian doping scientists during the Cold War.

That same part of me feels a little sympathy towards Russia for not being sophisticated enough or not having enough money to hide their doping as well as the Americans and Chinese these days. They're like little kids clumsily trying to keep up with the big boys.

Is doping like a global conspiracy? You always hear people say 'Oh everyone is doping'. Is that true? I've always wondered.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Is doping like a global conspiracy? You always hear people say 'Oh everyone is doping'. Is that true? I've always wondered.

Who knows, but I tend to err on the side of cynicism. Especially with countries who see sport as a front in ideological warfare.

You hear stuff like this all the time:

Newly disclosed documents prove long-held suspicions that the United States Olympic Committee covered up drug use by athletes, Dick Pound, chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency, said yesterday.

Exum said there were more than 100 positive drug tests for American athletes from 1998-2000, including 18 who tested positive at the Olympic Trials but competed in the Games.

Dr Gabriel Dollé, the former director of the IAAF’s medical and anti-doping department, has been placed under criminal investigation, suspected of taking about €200,000 (£140,000) in bribes in an alleged cover-up of positive Russian doping tests.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest

Forget the US v Russia (USSR ), when it came to doping in sport, East Germany (GDR) led by the length of the straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back