NRL 2019 NRL Grand Final: Sydney Roosters v Canberra Raiders

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not even convinced it was the right decision.

The attacking team gets the advantage, right?

Except in this situation we were at the 6th tackle and they'd made the kick that had been charged down and the ball was going in the opposite direction - so they're no longer the attacking team.

If it's a grey area of the rule, I guess there's not much you can do. But I'm blown away if the intent of the rule is that the team who've kicked on their 6th tackle get the advantage cos their own trainer got in the way.

It was bloody harsh, but right. Let's get trainers spending less time on the ground.

Journos were trying to get Ricky Stuart to talk himself into trouble. I'm impressed he managed to restrain himself.

Particularly given Ricky Stuart's entire coaching career has been him shitting on referees whenever convenient. Raiders probably told him he'd be paying the fine.

What a backpage!

I'm happy to see this.

9 have started prosecuting this a little bit, and the Tele have obviously gone hard.

It won't change tonight's result, but something has to change. If the game is too hard to referee, change it. If the referees aren't good enough, change it.

You can't have a ******* debacle that we saw tonight, where one team was ****ed over in front of all of us, in the biggest game of the year.

W
What a backpage!

Watch them gush over Robinson in his presser.....None of them would back Ricky up in his, they were very silent.

Media (Lachie) interviewing the rooster players saying everything went against them..wow

LOL what a joke

Shocking, they are the reigning premiers, have a $2 million higher salary cap than everyone else and you have to listen to them talking up such a tough, against all odds victory...

Yeah, they have. It came off his head/shoulder. Was 5th tackle. And was called multiple times after the initial 6 again was called (took some time).
And had the ref not screwed up, Raiders would have played accordingly.

We can’t run it again to see the outcome, so it’s just suck it up, put an * against this year, move on. And sack the ref.

Expect that Daily Telegraph will go in hard against NRL because The Tele is the media partner of Channel Seven.
Channel Nine pays a fortune for league media rights.

And had the ref not screwed up, Raiders would have played accordingly.

We can’t run it again to see the outcome, so it’s just suck it up, put an * against this year, move on. And sack the ref.

Especially the last bit. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ag
It has to be CLEAR CUT that he would've scored ( which , if anyone had watched the Raiders all year , they'd know he's been on a ******* rampage since post-origin and was ALWAYS going to score )
Broncos fan here, been watching league for a long time...Agree...a bloke that big that close to the line (2 metres)would have absolutely scored, hence should have been a penalty try. The other ruling was hideous, you cannot call six again and then change the call before the play is completed, absolutely farcical. the roosters were also allowed to scrag the raiders in the tackle and slow down their play the balls all night...

Just looking through the stats on NRL.com - most as expected. But there is an "Ineffective tackles" stat. 37 to the Roosters, 1 to Canberra.Would love to know how they judge those! Although, 1 offload to Roosters, 20 to Raiders, I guess that explains it mostly...

Correct decision in the end as it turned out.

The six again was corrected immediately and shouted out 4 times. The Raiders seemed to be playing with great urgency as though it was the last tackle anyway.

Do you call it correctly and rob the Raiders of a chance to get a kick in to the in goal for another six tackles, or do you call it incorrectly and give the Raiders six more tackles on the Roosters line?

They weren't robbed, at least nowhere near as much as the Roosters might have been had the six tackles stood.

I dislike the Roosters btw.

Correct decision in the end as it turned out.

The six again was corrected immediately and shouted out 4 times. The Raiders seemed to be playing with great urgency as though it was the last tackle anyway.

Do you call it correctly and rob the Raiders of a chance to get a kick in to the in goal for another six tackles, or do you call it incorrectly and give the Raiders six more tackles on the Roosters line?

They weren't robbed, at least nowhere near as much as the Roosters might have been had the six tackles stood.

I dislike the Roosters btw.

The Raiders were robbed. They would have gone for the field goal if it hadn't been called six again.

The Raiders were robbed. They would have gone for the field goal if it hadn't been called six again.

Perhaps, no guarantee they would have got it though. Again, the call was wrong and it was corrected. There was still plenty of time to pull back a 1 point deficit anyway. A 6 point deficit after an extra 6 tackles from a wrong call ... well wouldn't we be sitting here talking about that howler instead?

Perhaps, no guarantee they would have got it though. Again, the call was wrong and it was corrected. There was still plenty of time to pull back a 1 point deficit anyway. A 6 point deficit after an extra 6 tackles from a wrong call ... well wouldn't we be sitting here talking about that howler instead?
Unles he hadn’t called it at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back