State of Origin 2019 NSW v QLD State of Origin: NSW win series 2-1

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing Johns, Lockyer, Thurston and Gould talk (and Fittler when he’s not coaching) make me realise that maybe BT isn’t quite the dumpster fire I make him out to be.

Paul Gallen smiling through gritted teeth

Gallen surprisingly can string some sentences together - not a bad effort for a forward who gets punched in the head in his spare time.

Yeah, it wasn't a great game. Didn't have the normal fire either.

Yup, I can generally admit when NSW lose if the match was still good to watch. That second half was painful to watch and NSW were never in the contest. Would have been fun for merciless Queenslanders, but that’s it.

If Queensland want to wrap this up they’d do well to drop Hunt and switch Ponga to hooker and put Milford to fullback. Hunt tried his damndest to get NSW back in the match - he’s a liability and Ponga would make a much better makeshift dummy half.

If Queensland want to wrap this up they’d do well to drop Hunt and switch Ponga to hooker and put Milford to fullback. Hunt tried his damndest to get NSW back in the match - he’s a liability and Ponga would make a much better makeshift dummy half.

I'm far from sold on Milford as on Origin player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the **** is game 2 being played in Perth? Who cares about it over there?
As someone that is thrilled to be going to Game 2, I couldn't agree more.

While I am stoked to be able to go, I am a firm believer that they shouldn't be playing these games in WA or Victoria. Keep them where they should be.

Why the **** is game 2 being played in Perth? Who cares about it over there?

More than care about it in Melbourne I dare say. They used to pull averageish crowds back in the 90s when the Reds were in the competition. Also a big Rugby crowd there and a lot of Safa ex-pats.

It has nearly sold Optus Stadium out

Correct. Western Force play in a second tier competition now and still draw crowds not far from what the Storm do in Melbourne. Perth is pretty much locked in for a new team should the NRL expand - makes complete sense for the NRL to be taking the game there. Not often the NRL make the right call but this is one of them.

80-20 QLD.

West Australians are pretty backwards too.

They’re just like Queenslanders just a little more serious about the whole secession thing and a little less batshit crazy on the people they send to Canberra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back