2019 NTFA season

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 2:

OL's
Uni
Evandale
Perth
Scotch

Murfett at East Coast is interesting. Should form a potent forward line with Child & Stoltenberg

OLS - both grades
Bridport - seniors but Uni in reserves
Evandale - both grades
Perth - seniors but reserves could go either way
St Pats - both grades

Div 2:

OL's
Uni
Evandale
Perth
Scotch

Murfett at East Coast is interesting. Should form a potent forward line with Child & Stoltenberg

Fair chance Murfet wont be playing at all, Tamar paid him so much up front and are refusing to let him go without him paying back his sign on fee

Fair chance Murfet wont be playing at all, Tamar paid him so much up front and are refusing to let him go without him paying back his sign on fee

Did see they've denied his clearance 3 times. Paying back the sign on shouldn't be too much trouble given what he'll be getting at the Swans I wouldn't have thought. Surely that gets sorted out soon.

Looking at the clearances for div 2:

Uni - Gained 29 - Lost 11 (+18 great result much needed should see uni more competitive this year being able to field 2 full sides)
Tamar - Gained 12 - Lost 24 (-12 poor result for Tamar who were starting to really develop they will be worse than they were in 2015, high chance of folding)
St Pats - Gained 20 - Lost 2 (+18 great result for an already successful club continually strengthening each year)
Perth - Gained 20 - Lost 21 (-1 Perth seem to have plateau'd and after 2018 will most likely drop off)
Scotch - Gained 12 - Lost 6 (+6 Scotch again show a good retention rate which is a key factor of being a successful club)
OLFC - Gained 37 - Lost 10 (+27 Very active this season with high recruitment and to only loose 10 so far should see them have a successful season)
Meander - Gained 11 - Lost 6 (+5 Meander had high hopes for this season but it would appear they wont improve as much as they had hoped)
Lilydale - Gained 12 - Lost 10 (+2 With other strong sides on the improve and Lilydale stagnant they will need to work hard if they want to go back to back)
Evandale - Gained 16 - Lost 2 (+14 Great retention, a side whos premiership window is wide open, best run club in the state)
East Coast - Gained 14 - Lost 10 (+4 Good result for the coastal club will their new recruits cover what they have lost?)
Bridport - Gained 15 - Lost 5 (+10 Good result for Bridport hopefully pushing them toward middle of the pack)

Uni - Gained 29 - Lost 11 (+18 great result much needed should see uni more competitive this year being able to field 2 full sides)
Tamar - Gained 12 - Lost 24 (-12 poor result for Tamar who were starting to really develop they will be worse than they were in 2015, high chance of folding)
St Pats - Gained 20 - Lost 2 (+18 great result for an already successful club continually strengthening each year)
Perth - Gained 20 - Lost 21 (-1 Perth seem to have plateau'd and after 2018 will most likely drop off)
Scotch - Gained 12 - Lost 6 (+6 Scotch again show a good retention rate which is a key factor of being a successful club)
OLFC - Gained 37 - Lost 10 (+27 Very active this season with high recruitment and to only loose 10 so far should see them have a successful season)
Meander - Gained 11 - Lost 6 (+5 Meander had high hopes for this season but it would appear they wont improve as much as they had hoped)
Lilydale - Gained 12 - Lost 10 (+2 With other strong sides on the improve and Lilydale stagnant they will need to work hard if they want to go back to back)
Evandale - Gained 16 - Lost 2 (+14 Great retention, a side whos premiership window is wide open, best run club in the state)
East Coast - Gained 14 - Lost 10 (+4 Good result for the coastal club will their new recruits cover what they have lost?)
Bridport - Gained 15 - Lost 5 (+10 Good result for Bridport hopefully pushing them toward middle of the pack)

Perth should be better give most of the players they lost were 2's players and with Holton, Iles, Brown and Woodward they should go better could be a question if they stick the year out

Uni may have better numbers but wont improve at all, lost Hartley (b&f) Viney (runner up) Murfet, Humzy, Talbot and a few other of there better senior players that aren't playing any where yet

i see div 2
1 to 3 > St Pats, Evandale, East Coast. Order will depend on there roster draw
4 to 7 > Lilydale, Scotch, OLFC, Perth. same as above the Order will depend on there roster draw
then Meadnder, Uni, Bridport and Tamer. Bridport and Uni could go either way

Perth should be better give most of the players they lost were 2's players and with Holton, Iles, Brown and Woodward they should go better could be a question if they stick the year out

Uni may have better numbers but wont improve at all, lost Hartley (b&f) Viney (runner up) Murfet, Humzy, Talbot and a few other of there better senior players that aren't playing any where yet

i see div 2
1 to 3 > St Pats, Evandale, East Coast. Order will depend on there roster draw
4 to 7 > Lilydale, Scotch, OLFC, Perth. same as above the Order will depend on there roster draw
then Meadnder, Uni, Bridport and Tamer. Bridport and Uni could go either way
I don't believe St Pats will finish that high, pretty spot on with Evandale and East Coast though i would think. Perth might go ok but i don't believe they will improve on last year as they have no depth. Scotch i think will fall as they have players banned from playing on the ntca ground so i think that's going to come into account also

I don't believe St Pats will finish that high, pretty spot on with Evandale and East Coast though i would think. Perth might go ok but i don't believe they will improve on last year as they have no depth. Scotch i think will fall as they have players banned from playing on the ntca ground so i think that's going to come into account also
What players have been banned? When it first happen I thought it was mostly 2s players? I agree on St Pats also can’t see them being a top 2 team

What players have been banned? When it first happen I thought it was mostly 2s players? I agree on St Pats also can’t see them being a top 2 team
Last i heard it was their ones players, the unfortunate thing about it is the ntfa will go back on their word anyway. But if not then scotch will fall behind. The whole room in the roof thing has been going on for years there so iv'e been told so will be interesting to see whether or not the ntfa go through with it

With OLS picking up so many players i wonder how this will go with their points? The last game last year they used 27/46. Probably lose 4 points with players going down a point so 23. You would think most of the players they picked up would be 2-3pts and if they play seniors.

With OLS picking up so many players i wonder how this will go with their points? The last game last year they used 27/46. Probably lose 4 points with players going down a point so 23. You would think most of the players they picked up would be 2-3pts and if they play seniors.
I've heard they will be fine as a fair chunk of their seniors have been there for a few years now. They will have a couple 2-3 pointers but they will fit under the limit, i'd be more worried about St pats and Evandale tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard they will be fine as a fair chunk of their seniors have been there for a few years now. They will have a couple 2-3 pointers but they will fit under the limit, i'd be more worried about St pats and Evandale tbh
They have a lot of Div 1 players dropping back which is 4 points isn’t it?

Last i heard it was their ones players, the unfortunate thing about it is the ntfa will go back on their word anyway. But if not then scotch will fall behind. The whole room in the roof thing has been going on for years there so iv'e been told so will be interesting to see whether or not the ntfa go through with it

You are a goose, get your facts straight and stop putting absolute dribble on the forum.

From a 100% reliable authority at Scotch, I can tell you that no players have been banned from the club, and further no players have been banned from the ground. The roof thing was a storage space that was well known to everyone down there and has been there for years, in fact the NTCA built the space themselves.

There is nothing for the NTFA to 'go through with', however I am presuming your dim-witted comment meant to say NTCA, of which the same applies to them.

Time to focus on what is going to be one of the most even Div 2 competitions for years, can't wait to see where everything stands after the first few rounds.

For what it is worth, East Coast, Evandale and Lilydale to be top 3 for my liking. OL's and Perth to be the big improvers but I think St Pats and Scotch will finish above them both.

Last edited:
You are a goose, get your facts straight and stop putting absolute dribble on the forum.

From a 100% reliable authority at Scotch, I can tell you that no players have been banned from the club, and further no players have been banned from the ground. The roof thing was a storage space that was well known to everyone down there and has been there for years, in fact the NTCA built the space themselves.

There is nothing for the NTFA to 'go through with', however I am presuming you dim-witted comment meant to say NTCA, of which the same applies to them.

Time to focus on what is going to be one of the most even Div 2 competitions for years, can't wait to see where everything stands after the first few rounds.

For what it is worth, East Coast, Evandale and Lilydale to be top 3 for my liking. OL's and Perth to be the big improvers but I think St Pats and Scotch will finish above them both. OL's and Perth to fight it out for the sixth final spot.
there is no 6th finals spot... also of coarse someone from scotch would say that... I've heard off ex players it was not a storage spot.... Maybe that should be looked at hey? or is the ntfa yet again looking after the love child.

there is no 6th finals spot... also of coarse someone from scotch would say that... I've heard off ex players it was not a storage spot.... Maybe that should be looked at hey? or is the ntfa yet again looking after the love child.

Well they will miss out then wont they!

Check your facts, it was a storage area used by cricket clubs, Old Scotch and the other ground users, including the NTCA. At the time it wasn't being use for that, but that is why they were constructed in the first place. I believe it has previously been used as a concert hall also and has had a well known local musical identity play up there.

Great post, however the quality of players in and out would be interesting to see as a few people have commented on already.

However, having depth at your club helps so I would imagine that Uni, St Pats, OL's and to a lesser extent Evandale would be in good shape leading into the season. Another thing to take into account is those who retire, which there is really no way of capturing that info unless you spoke to each specific club.

Watched bridport thump uni,while bridport have improved a bit on last year's form(a lot fitter) uni were complete rubbish and I hope for their sake they had a heap out,getting Taylor back will make a big difference for port.

St pats, east coast gone backwards on last year. Bannister Rushton and sushames really hurting losing them

BE Interesting when Lilydale and edale play each other properly and St Pats , hard to pick who’s going better until they play each other

Remove this Banner Ad

Back