Fantasy 2019 - Omega League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I like HAskins and Lock, but i'm not picking Lock in both Alpha and Omega (unless he drops to 2nd rd in Empire)
Lock should be available in 2nd round, maybe even 3rd round in Omega.
Thing to remember....IDPs are far more relevant scoring-wise than in Alpha.
All i did was correct the gross oversight of 2017/8, where QBs (and O players) were scoring far too low compared to IDPs. They score more than IDPs now, but IDPs still score fairly close, so they are very much draftable, waiverable, tradeable....compared to Alpha.

Lock should be available in 2nd round, maybe even 3rd round in Omega.
Thing to remember....IDPs are far more relevant scoring-wise than in Alpha.
All i did was correct the gross oversight of 2017/8, where QBs (and O players) were scoring far too low compared to IDPs. They score more than IDPs now, but IDPs still score fairly close, so they are very much draftable, waiverable, tradeable....compared to Alpha.

Yeah defence I know id higher value here, just wasn't sure on QBs. I've got Keenum, Dalton and Driskel as QBs, so couldn't risk Lock being there second round

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
btw....ive pushed keeper lock date back to August 31.

i had to manually choose them all now for everyone because otherwise the system will delete your entire roster if there are no keepers selected.

but i noticed a few teams had a 35 man roster, and only 34 keepers max is allowed, so i had to not select a kicker for some people.

so i suggest everyone still goes thru their roster and every now and then decide if you dont intend on retaining a player.

to remind....in Omega, the draft is rookie only, so your current 34 man roster can be all KEPT for now. it's only when it comes time to decide which of your roster you want removed to make way for your new rookies, will i ask you which players you want removed....just before the season starts...around august 31....BUT....if you already have an idea....just go thru your roster now and UNTICK the kept players you probably don't see yourself retaining by the end of the rookie draft.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
We were allowed to have 34 keepers? Why on earth did I cut back to 32 then :oops:
No, I increased the roster size to 34 this year. Up from 32 last year.
But in doing so, I also reduced DP slots from 3 to 2 and increased bench by 1, making two extra bench spots in the process (hence 34)
This was part of the off-season league changes.
Improve scoring problem....improve roster a little.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
some people have 35 on their roster because they were IR players.

see...the new espn site is very restrictive now...it wouldn't allow me to move IR players off IR without deleting a player from the roster first, but when i tried deleting a player it would error telling me i had to move players off IR. UGH. so i tricked the system by temporarily increasing roster size to 40, moving IR players to the bench, then re-setting the roster size to 32.

this way i wasn't deleting players from people's rosters who had illegal IR players.

then i thought about the best way to improve the roster....needed a SLIGHT increase in bench size, but not too much. best way to do that was change DP slot from 3 starters to 2, thus creating one extra bench spot, and then increasing roster size by 1, to make 34 total.

so you have one less starter than last year, but two extra bench spots just to help allow people to carry some players due to injury or to wait for a rookie to develop.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
sorry, correction...

last year it was...

STARTERS 16 (7 offense, 1 pk, 8 defense)
1-qb
1-rb
1-wr
1-te
2-flex
1-op
1-pk
1-dt
1-de
2-lb
1-cb
1-s
2-dp
+ BENCH 16 = total 32 + 4 IR slots

this year it is....

STARTERS 15 (7 offense, 1 pk, 7 defense)
1-qb
1-rb
2-wr
1-te
1-flex
1-op
1-pk
1-dt
1-de
2-lb
1-cb
1-s
1-dp
+ BENCH 19 = total 34 + 4 IR slots

so i converted 2 starting DP slots into 2 bench slots, and moved one FLEX into a 2nd WR (as there are billions of WRs compared to RBs/TEs that populate the player pool as starters).

The result is an even 7-1-7 starters, and creating 2 extra bench spots to hold onto injured players, bye players, suspended players, or rookie on scholarship.

Parris Campbell at pick 4?

I actually thought we had somehow jumped to the 2nd round and that I had missed my pick when I saw his name in the draft thread 😂
When I saw it I lost track of what draft I was in.... was actually disappointed as had him down for a pick at some stage, but then realised I was pick 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
sorry, correction...

last year it was...

STARTERS 16 (7 offense, 1 pk, 8 defense)
1-qb
1-rb
1-wr
1-te
2-flex
1-op
1-pk
1-dt
1-de
2-lb
1-cb
1-s
2-dp
+ BENCH 16 = total 32 + 4 IR slots

this year it is....

STARTERS 15 (7 offense, 1 pk, 7 defense)
1-qb
1-rb
2-wr
1-te
1-flex
1-op
1-pk
1-dt
1-de
2-lb
1-cb
1-s
1-dp
+ BENCH 19 = total 34 + 4 IR slots

so i converted 2 starting DP slots into 2 bench slots, and moved one FLEX into a 2nd WR (as there are billions of WRs compared to RBs/TEs that populate the player pool as starters).

The result is an even 7-1-7 starters, and creating 2 extra bench spots to hold onto injured players, bye players, suspended players, or rookie on scholarship.
Sigh.

Cassius_Clay

Cancelled
NFL Mock Draft Participant NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Participant
Jul 6, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone want my pick for 2020 2nd rounder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back