2019 Phantom Draft starting 28/10/2019

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS math the bid at pick #4 so pick 4 is valued at 2034 -20% =1627 points giving them 124 points remaining
moving pick #40 to become pick #33
Ahhh, no.

If you look at the previous posts then the 124 point surplus is held over for later in the draft (if needed for other bid matching) or carried over to next year or further.

So no adjustment to pick 40

Apologies for the delay guys, I was under the impression that we weren't matching bids so presumed that Green was mine. Also I was out last night

With pick 5 Adelaide select

Sam Flanders 182cm 81kg Inside Mid/Forward

Accepted 04 is up

Last edited:
...and they're off!...in the 2019 World's Slowest Phantom Draft. So far they have set a snails pace and it won't be long now, (or will it) before another player is selected...any minute now...any minute now...no ? I'm hearing from the Stewards that there's been a delay...

Ahhh yes, Pick 6. Always a stumbling block and there seems to be a bank up of horses, er, pickers who have fallen at the first hurdle...lets go to a message from our sponsor, no? No that was a furphy, what? The sponsor IS Furphy. Oh I see. I'll have one of those. We will be back after this message.

Well, we're back here at Phlegmington and it seems as there's been no, yes no movement at all. No player selected at 6. For those of you playing at home I'm sorry to say that you will just have to hold your water. It's a furphy not a water? Oh good. They're our sponsor you know. You do know? Oh even better. I'll have one of those....

Etc..etc..etc

Isn't it grand when you're the King's of the Jungle and things like Phantom Drafts and even the real draft are kinda ho hum. Lol

Rowell and Anderson probably wouldn't get a game with us right now anyway. Let alone some poor kid coming in at 20.

It's good to be the King.

What's that? Someone is thinking about making a selection?? Oh goody. No? Oh. Ok....

Wake me up when it's time to select Cooper Stephens...

And that's all for now...

...and they're off!...in the 2019 World's Slowest Phantom Draft. So far they have set a snails pace and it won't be long now, (or will it) before another player is selected...any minute now...any minute now...no ? I'm hearing from the Stewards that there's been a delay...

Ahhh yes, Pick 6. Always a stumbling block and there seems to be a bank up of horses, er, pickers who have fallen at the first hurdle...lets go to a message from our sponsor, no? No that was a furphy, what? The sponsor IS Furphy. Oh I see. I'll have one of those. We will be back after this message.

Well, we're back here at Phlegmington and it seems as there's been no, yes no movement at all. No player selected at 6. For those of you playing at home I'm sorry to say that you will just have to hold your water. It's a furphy not a water? Oh good. They're our sponsor you know. You do know? Oh even better. I'll have one of those....

Etc..etc..etc

Isn't it grand when you're the King's of the Jungle and things like Phantom Drafts and even the real draft are kinda ho hum. Lol

Rowell and Anderson probably wouldn't get a game with us right now anyway. Let alone some poor kid coming in at 20.

It's good to be the King.

What's that? Someone is thinking about making a selection?? Oh goody. No? Oh. Ok....

Wake me up when it's time to select Cooper Stephens...

And that's all for now...

Ha ha funny thanks for taking the time to
write that.

Teams should start leaving their picks with THE_GUN if they're not going to be active for a while. Give 3 players names in order of preference and we can maybe move out of the 1st round..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like its been well and truly long enough so i will just take the selection

Pick 6 - Sydney - Lachlan Ash

This is a moment when live trading comes into action, not sure I can pass up on Ash in the real thing. I was super keen on this kid last year and he has taken his game to another level for me. Line breaking speed across the backline is certainly a helpful tool, not to mention his kicking skills are above average. He also has a very solid defensive side to his game and reads the play well. His ability to win his own ball will certainly allow him to move into the midfield if required.
Simpson is on his way out and Docherty has obviously had a few knee issues, so there is a need in our backline. The real difference for me is the line breaking ability and his desire to take the game on.

4tune8

Pick 7 - Fremantle - Luke Jackson

Can't pass on this kid, local lad and fits with Freos needs

The clear standout ruck prospect, Jackson chose to focus on his football rather than his basketball where he represented Australia as recently as last year. Possessing a terrific vertical leap and great enthusiasm at ground level, Jackson is one of those new-age rucks who almost becomes another midfielder around the ground. Can rest forward as well when required and provide a target in front of the big sticks.

sanaya you're up

Was hoping Jackson would slide down to my Cats pick at 14 but this kid can clearly play, has heaps of upside and I suspect he Dockers will get him with one of their early picks.

Pick 8 - Melbourne - Hayden Young

there were a few selections I was tossing up about at this pick

also for some reason the 2 other times I've been tagged in this thread haven't given me a notification besides wrenny's

will give a small write up later

TigerSE your turn

The Blues take Cody Weightman
Was tempted to take McAsey as I don’t trust the KPD on the list but the need for a small forward with X factor is greater

4tune8 your pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back