2019 Phantom Draft starting 28/10/2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow thats a surprise , Would have thought you would rather bid on Henry as a small foward
I'm glad he didn't, because Fremantle now use pick 10 on Deven Robertson and can also land Liam Henry by matching a bid with their later picks. Pretty much an ideal scenario for Freo as they pick up Luke Jackson who addresses their need for a developing ruck/forward, an inside bull and leader in Deven Robertson who's the Larke medallist and Captain of WA, who fills they void left by Lachie Neale, and a dynamic small forward in Liam Henry who'll slot in where Ballantyne was.

This write up from AFL Draft Central on Deven Robertson......

An inside midfield ball winner, Robertson’s year was cut short due to a shoulder injury, but it was not before the strong leader took out the Most Valuable Player at the Under-18 Championships. He surpassed Sam Walsh’s disposal record and was a dominant clearance player, as well as putting together numerous four quarter performances in a ray of consistency throughout 2019. Ready to go in Round 1, 2020.

Over to you smurfin

Pick 11 for Hawthorn
Fischer McAsey. The premier KPD in the draft and may have ability to play forward.

Despite trading in Sam Frost (or whoever) I think this addresses a need for the Hawks, especially since they have Finn Maginness as a quality midfielder to come, so not as urgent to look at Kemp or Dylan Stephens, who would also be considered.

Pick 11 for Hawthorn
Fischer McAsey. The premier KPD in the draft and may have ability to play forward.

Despite trading in Sam Frost (or whoever) I think this addresses a need for the Hawks, especially since they have Finn Maginness as a quality midfielder to come, so not as urgent to look at Kemp or Dylan Stephens, who would also be considered.
Good get and a very good fit at the Hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of the sliders I was hoping for have eventuated. Jackson went quite early and Kemp was mouthwateringly close. Dylan Stephens was my next hope.

In real life now we'd bid on Liam Henry but we have some good developing small forwards already. Also Finn McGuinness would attract a bid now but both of those will be matched anyway by Freo and Hawks soooo...

...with Pick 14 Geelong select

Miles Bergman 188cm 77kg fwd/ midfielder with great skills, pace and huge upside. Our mids are getting on and this kid looks a great option for the future at this pick.

Last edited:
16. Brisbane: Will Gould (SA)
Height, Weight:
191cm/98kg
Profile: Strong bodied defender with the performances on the board at SANFL League level including a premiership for Glenelg. Gould throws his weight around, plays an aggressive style of game and is a penetrating kick.

YeOldTiger

Last edited:
With pick 17 Geelong select Cooper Stephens. 188cm 83kg inside midfielder.

After letting James Worpel slip though our fingers from right under our nose previously, we're taking no chances with this local lad. Everyone will know Coop broke his leg early in the year but averaged 26 disposals in the two games he did play and had he been able to complete the year we're confident he would have been much higher on draft boards. He blitzed at the combine showing his athletic traits and determination to suceed despite a huge setback and along with Miles Bergman we think we now have some excellent young midfield talent to develop in the coming years.

Tiger_Of_Old

Last edited:
With pick 17 Geelong select Cooper Stephens. 188cm 83kg inside midfielder.

After letting James Worpel slip though our fingers from right under our nose previously, we're taking no chances with this local lad. Everyone will know Coop broke his leg early in the year but averaged 26 disposals in the two games he did play and had he been able to complete the year we're confident he would have been much higher on draft boards. He blitzed at the combine showing his athletic traits and determination to suceed despite a huge setback and along with Miles Bergman we think we now have some excellent young midfield talent to develop in the coming years.

Tiger_Of_Old
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thats my boy !!!

Port select a local boy.
Will Day.
189cm/76kg
South Australia/West Adelaide
Defender
September ranking: 18

A lightly built half-back who can make things happen as well as shut down opponents. Day moved up to reserves level in the SANFL as the year progressed and didn't look out of his depth, continuing to go for his marks and create the play. Day will take a little bit of time to develop his body but he has the run and carry and the confidence in his play to not be overawed.

THE_GUN your up.(Don't stuff it up)

Port select a local boy.
Will Day.
189cm/76kg
South Australia/West Adelaide
Defender
September ranking: 18

A lightly built half-back who can make things happen as well as shut down opponents. Day moved up to reserves level in the SANFL as the year progressed and didn't look out of his depth, continuing to go for his marks and create the play. Day will take a little bit of time to develop his body but he has the run and carry and the confidence in his play to not be overawed.

THE_GUN your up.(Don't stuff it up)

LOL You guys really have not left me too much and are ruthless in picking players Rivers/Stephens/MCasey/Day all off the board
Richmond bid on Liam Henry ( Cannot believe you guys have let him drift this far)
4tune8

Im thinking 4tune8 will most certainly match so will follow up with a bid on Maginness smurfin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back