Competitions 2019 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 39 Rich - Mitch Georgiades
One of the bottom-age highlight reels at the Under-18 Championships
12 months ago, Georgiades was unable to get onto the park this year
due to a persistent quad injury. He is a high fyer with some serious
X-factor, and while he is slightly undersized at 192cm, he is a strong
mark and has a high ceiling. Will go later than he would have if he had
played this year, but could be a diamond in the rough later in the draft.

Happy to take another chance on a player with a massive ceiling who missed significant game time this year. Riewoldt is finishing up very soon and there will be a forward line vacancy opening up.

Over to you Lemmingmaster

Last edited:
Pick 39 Rich - Mitch Georgiades
One of the bottom-age highlight reels at the Under-18 Championships
12 months ago, Georgiades was unable to get onto the park this year
due to a persistent quad injury. He is a high fyer with some serious
X-factor, and while he is slightly undersized at 192cm, he is a strong
mark and has a high ceiling. Will go later than he would have if he had
played this year, but could be a diamond in the rough later in the draft.

Happy to take another chance on a player with a massive ceiling who missed significant game time this year. Riewoldt is finishing up very soon and there will be a forward line vacancy opening up.

Over to you Lemmingmaster
Took my player...

😢

Lemmings obviously requested extra time :)

Can't wait to see who we get at #42, although I may give Jeremias a little prompt toward a player who may be handy at this pick.
He needs to either be related to a former player or have a fascinating name. That's the late pick criteria at Carlton.

Can't wait to see who we get at #42, although I may give Jeremias a little prompt toward a player who may be handy at this pick.

I have a fair idea what I am going to do, but thoughts and suggestions always welcome via PM

He needs to either be related to a former player or have a fascinating name. That's the late pick criteria at Carlton.

It's probably a bit too early to put a bid in for Hewago Paul Oea

In the 2020 AFLW draft we recruit SOS's secret daughter Finbarina O'Silvagni...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely it's time to move on and let him take his pick later?

I agree. 30+ hours is well and truly long enough.

Not sure about coming back to pick later though. Think we should allocate a player based on rankings from the DTFA board.

Which draft do you reckon we go with?

I agree. 30+ hours is well and truly long enough.

Not sure about coming back to pick later though. Think we should allocate a player based on rankings from the DTFA board.

Which draft do you reckon we go with?

Or we could just go with LemmingMasters own board on his own thread where Trey Ruscoe is the clear highest player on his board not already taken.

He has him in the 20 range and has loved him all year.

Would work this time, but what if there is a next time?

Well we could be adaptable and sensible and go with P4L then. On this occasion, LM's pick is pretty plain to see as he has his own thread.

I suggest if we hadn't all been otherwise occupied with the SOS and Martin stuff we would have come up with the logical long ago. :) Meanwhile poor SOSage has had to constantly but patiently wait.

Well we could be adaptable and sensible and go with P4L then. On this occasion, LM's pick is pretty plain to see as he has his own thread.

I suggest if we hadn't all been otherwise occupied with the SOS and Martin stuff we would have come up with the logical long ago. :) Meanwhile poor SOSage has had to constantly but patiently wait.
Can confirm he has considered Ruscoe his "diamond in the rough" so how about
Pick 40. Trey Ruscoe

SOSage Mcgovern

Or we could just go with LemmingMasters own board on his own thread where Trey Ruscoe is the clear highest player on his board not already taken.

He has him in the 20 range and has loved him all year.
It has been a long time between drinks. This is my latest update with a heap more data. General thoughts below

• Even across the board with a wide variety of rankings depending on personal preference.
  • Complete lack of real tall forwards
  • Plenty of risky picks that could go bang depending on team and their development
  • Not massive depth on initial observation
  • Rowell - A lock to be a solid player, maybe just not the best of the bunch
  • Anderson - I certainly have not seen his best efforts, just not sure what the hype is about
  • Serong - Small and kicking is an issue

1. Young
  2. Rowell
  3. Green
  4. Ash
  5. Anderson
  6. Flanders
  7. Rivers
  8. Kemp
  9. Gould
  10. Henry
  11. Stephens
  12. Robertson
  13. Maginess
  14. Serong
  15. Worrell
  16. Sharp
  17. McAsey
  18. Williams (This could leave egg on my face)
  19. Jackson
  20. Taylor
  21. Bianco
  22. Day
  23. Bergman
  24. Jones (Pure upside here, I would want some medicals on his body development potential)
  25. Weightman
  26. De Koning
  27. Ruscoe (I would gladly select him higher but he may drift a little)
  28. Rantell
  29. Schoenberg
  30. Taheny (Potential to make me look silly)
  31. Stephens (Not enough data to really make a proper judgement, but based on others thoughts, he will be around here)
  32. O'Neill
  33. Mead
  34. Brock Smith
  35. Comben
  36. Bryan
  37. Garcia
  38. Dow
  39. Pickett
  40. Pasini
Yup, it's Ruscoe.
Would work this time, but what if there is a next time?
I'll just PM him next time he has a pick. There's every chance he's just missed the notifications from yesterday.

Pick 41 Rich: Brock Smith
A natural-born leader who bleeds for the jumper he plays in, Smith is a
strong medium defender who is capable of playing through the midfeld.
He has often had to play taller than his 188cm height, but he is strong in
the air and smart with his body positioning. After playing as a lock-down
defender last year, he has added an offensive string to his bow this year,
even hitting the scoreboard for Gippsland Power. Loves a niggle too.

Reminds me of Vlaustin a bit and would be one of the first picked every week when he breaks into their best 22. After taking 3 players with big ceilings and a bit of x-factor I feel this pick complements my previous ones nicely.

Your up Jeremias pick a gun!

Pick 42 - Carlton - Noah Cumberland

I'll put a bid in here for Noah Cumberland from the Brisbane Lions academy.

Write up to come if Coona Blues decides not to match the bid.
Bid matched.
Pick 42 - Brisbane - Noah Cumberland

A tad earlier than hoped, but very highly rated internally. Will add write up.
Jeremias
AFL Draft Central bio
15/03/2001 | 183cm/79kg | Medium Utility BRISBANE LIONS ACADEMY/ALLIES

After overcoming injury last year, Cumberland has been a surprise packet this season who has caught the eye with his dashing runs and great agility. Playing for the Allies at the Under-18 Championships, Cumberland was a tackling machine, averaging almost five per game, while being able to take the game on and cut up the opposition defence. With his combination of athleticism and desire, he has the makings of a top player.

Just too much talent and upside to allow the academy prospect to go elsewhere. Would make a mockery of the process if I passed. An excellent addition to the team, who could be moulded in to a number of roles. Versatility an excellent asset in an already balanced list.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back