Strategy - 2019 planning (2018 finals, trade and draft discussion here too) | Page 3 | BigFooty

Strategy 2019 planning (2018 finals, trade and draft discussion here too)

Discussion in 'Real Dream Team' started by go you pups, Sep 12, 2018.

1. go you pups

go you pups Hall of Famer

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
    Reckon Lynch could be worth it in SC but not DT

Bont will be a lock if he gets DPP

toxic likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Premiership Player

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Renegades
    What do you base that on pups? He averaged 80+ in the three years prior to this year playing in an absolutely crap team with limited opportunities and poor delivery to him. These three years were in the era that 80 points was generally considered a top 10 score for a forward.
    With the amount of time the ball will spend in Richmond's forward line plus the far better delivery I would suggest he will be more like a 90 point forward next year putting him in the same category as McDonald who finished 10th as forwards go (excluding Barlow's 3 games).
    This would leave him as a keeper forward and he will be priced at 67.
    I feel he is very worthy of consideration in all forms.

On another note, round 13 was a disaster for me this year and after a quick look at the byes next year, I'm thinking it will be totally opposite. So far, I have 20 players I'm confident will be in next year's squad and very few of them are having the round 13 bye.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  3. go you pups

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Him and Riewoldt will take points off each other

Just don't see great value there

IMG_20181107_172900.png

Everyone jumped on JJK a few years ago, similar situation, went well, however he was only 270k that year IIRC, Lynch will be well over 400k going by inflation, he'd need to average over 90 to be a worth while pick imo

Jack had his best year also and averaged just under 85, but was really more like high 80s low 90s due to concussion scores, just feel Lynch will be around the 80 mark and not be worth it

IMG_20181107_173035.png

However, Adelaide Lynch could be back on the radar though if he has a decent preseason (something he didn't have this year carrying an injury it seemed)

IMG_20181107_172927.png

I'd be happy paying up a little more for him, he was fantastic last year, that 90.8 would've been higher up around 93-94 if he didn't get kod vs North. He's slightly underpriced based on capabilities, similar to what Devon Smith was this year

Imo he'd be worth the punt should he have a strong preseason.

4. go you pups

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Richmond Lynch might have a few price rises, but yeah, just don't see him as being worth it in the long run. Probably more suited to AFL Fantasy to get to a fallen premium quickly.

Roughy last year would be similar price/value I guess if you take yearly inflation into account with price rises and stuff. But it took him a very long time to kick on and make an impact, he was ordinary early in the season. A real slow burn.

5. Pea Nut

Pea Nut Norm Smith Medallist

Adelaide
    Interesting. This year St Kilda players were cancer. I had Acres in my side early and he looked good until he got hurt. Gresham is one of very few who showed anything this year. One to watch during the pre season. Is anyone picking Billings next year ??

6. go you pups

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:

KK at the Dees could be a decent midpricer if his concussion issues are over