Strategy - 2019 planning (2018 finals, trade and draft discussion here too) | Page 3 | BigFooty
Preferences

Strategy 2019 planning (2018 finals, trade and draft discussion here too)

Discussion in 'Real Dream Team' started by go you pups, Sep 12, 2018.

1. go you pups

go you pups Hall of Famer

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
    Reckon Lynch could be worth it in SC but not DT

Bont will be a lock if he gets DPP

toxic likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Premiership Player

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Renegades
    What do you base that on pups? He averaged 80+ in the three years prior to this year playing in an absolutely crap team with limited opportunities and poor delivery to him. These three years were in the era that 80 points was generally considered a top 10 score for a forward.
    With the amount of time the ball will spend in Richmond's forward line plus the far better delivery I would suggest he will be more like a 90 point forward next year putting him in the same category as McDonald who finished 10th as forwards go (excluding Barlow's 3 games).
    This would leave him as a keeper forward and he will be priced at 67.
    I feel he is very worthy of consideration in all forms.

On another note, round 13 was a disaster for me this year and after a quick look at the byes next year, I'm thinking it will be totally opposite. So far, I have 20 players I'm confident will be in next year's squad and very few of them are having the round 13 bye.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  3. go you pups

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Him and Riewoldt will take points off each other

Just don't see great value there

IMG_20181107_172900.png

Everyone jumped on JJK a few years ago, similar situation, went well, however he was only 270k that year IIRC, Lynch will be well over 400k going by inflation, he'd need to average over 90 to be a worth while pick imo

Jack had his best year also and averaged just under 85, but was really more like high 80s low 90s due to concussion scores, just feel Lynch will be around the 80 mark and not be worth it

IMG_20181107_173035.png

However, Adelaide Lynch could be back on the radar though if he has a decent preseason (something he didn't have this year carrying an injury it seemed)

IMG_20181107_172927.png

I'd be happy paying up a little more for him, he was fantastic last year, that 90.8 would've been higher up around 93-94 if he didn't get kod vs North. He's slightly underpriced based on capabilities, similar to what Devon Smith was this year

Imo he'd be worth the punt should he have a strong preseason.

4. go you pups

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Richmond Lynch might have a few price rises, but yeah, just don't see him as being worth it in the long run. Probably more suited to AFL Fantasy to get to a fallen premium quickly.

Roughy last year would be similar price/value I guess if you take yearly inflation into account with price rises and stuff. But it took him a very long time to kick on and make an impact, he was ordinary early in the season. A real slow burn.

5. Pea Nut

Pea Nut Norm Smith Medallist

Adelaide
    Interesting. This year St Kilda players were cancer. I had Acres in my side early and he looked good until he got hurt. Gresham is one of very few who showed anything this year. One to watch during the pre season. Is anyone picking Billings next year ??

6. go you pups

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:

KK at the Dees could be a decent midpricer if his concussion issues are over

7. Bandicoot

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Renegades
    With a price tag of around 65 and likely to spend a fair bit of time in the Demon midfield he will be a true bargain. Could average in the high 80s.
    Biggest problem next year will be limiting our on field defender bargains to only 6. I already have 6-7. I'd be very surprised if he was classified as a mid.

8. happy_eagle

happy_eagle Brownlow Medallist

West Coast
    I see that SportsDeck/VaporMedia that ran both Supercoach BBL and Fantasy BBL last year have merged the two competitions into Supercoach BBL for this year.

I wonder how far away they are from doing the same with RDT and Supercoach AFL. It seems like RDT is getting smaller and smaller each year since the AFL Fantasy split.

2006_Eagles likes this.
  9. Pea Nut

Adelaide
    I hope a long way away. As in never. SuperCoach sux and so does Fantasy. RDT is easily the best format.

Bandicoot likes this.
  10. Bandicoot

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Renegades
    If that were to happen it would be the end of me. Can't stand fantasy and SC isn't much better.

Pea Nut likes this.
  11. Bandicoot

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Renegades
    CD have released some of next year's DPP players and I would suggest that Danger (mid/fwd) and Westhoff (ruck/fwd) would be the two most popular forward selections next year.

go you pups likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. toxic

toxic Hall of Famer

Collingwood
    Westhoff F/R [​IMG]
    Blakey , Sicily & Whitfield D only
    Brayshaw & Taranto M only :-(
    Dunkley , McLean & Smith F/M
    Tim Kelly F/M [​IMG]
    Deledio & Rockliff M
    Yeo M

no mention of Bont , Heeney , Dusty or Parker

13. happy_eagle

West Coast
    Almost makes Westhoff a must have I reckon if he can provide season long ruck cover. Although the Lycett inclusion will be interesting how that affects Westhoff

14. Pea Nut

Adelaide
    I disagree. He is going to be uber expensive and that was a career year for him output wise. If you think he can replicate that, then sure go ahead. Westhoff won't really be affected by Lycett's inclusion either in my opinion. He wasn't the number 1 chop out ruck for Port, he was used as a utility, going from up forward, moved down back when opposition teams got a roll on, and also played off a wing. I won't be starting him. Lycett in means Port can play Dixon in the forward 50 full time and have Ryder and Lycett share the ruck duties.

15. Bandicoot

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Renegades
    Got away with having a non playing R3 with no cover this year but it was always going to be disaster if Gawn or Grundy didn't play. For that reason alone, I think having Westhoff as a forward will be worth it, irrespective of his cost.

16. Bandicoot

Sydney
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Renegades
    I sent an email to Sportsdeck regarding this asking for them to PLEASE not merge RDT with any of their other formats. They had no idea what I was talking about.

Pea Nut likes this.
  17. happy_eagle

West Coast
    Thats a positive ?

It looks like there will be a BBL Fantasy as well this year. I really can't see it doing well as it hasn't launched yet and the Supercoach BBL is titled "BBL Fantasy - Supercoach". Given that VirtualSports own both and both games are almost identical I don't see why they'd bother.

The whole RDT/Supercoach thing I guess depends on what the business relationship is like. If VirtualSports are just providing the back end support/framework on Supercoach (with News Limited doing most of the management), then it makes sense for them to have a format of their own in RDT.

18. Pea Nut

Adelaide
    Pre season planning must open soon to subscribers???

19. DaTBird187

DaTBird187 Norm Smith Medallist

Port Adelaide
    Other Teams:
    Liverpool, Boston Celtics
    [​IMG]

20. go you pups

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Upgrade target for Westhoff

Will be massively overpriced due to him having his best ever year statistically plus Ports China game I think could be an issue

Will be good coverage through the byes I guess, hopefully he averages above 90, but wouldn't be surprised to see it drop to 80-85 again.

I'm looking at him as an upgrade target too

True he might not get as many ruck minutes, need to see his role really with Ryder and Lycett in the same side
    The biggest howler in there is Rockliff, he easily played enough forward minutes to get DPP. Case of CD not wanting everyone to pick him imo.

Smith very lucky to get DPP, would've had him as a straight mid to be honest

21. happy_eagle

West Coast
    This is less of an issue this year as Port don't have the standalone bye this year. The week after the China game is the first bye round so Port and St Kilda are apart of the first 6 teams to have a week off.

go you pups likes this.
  22. go you pups

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Fair enough

Still might be a good time to wait though and grab him cheaper perhaps

I wouldn't want to pay for an overpriced 100 starting average for less than a 95 average season return

Zorko for example burnt me this year in that regard, paid his full 114 to start with him, rode out his pathetic start to the year then only gave me 96-97 I think

happy_eagle and Pea Nut like this.
  23. happy_eagle

West Coast
    Agree. Even if he falls in output, he is an ideal target for an F7/R3 to manage the end of the season. We got lucky this year I think that Gawn, Grundy and Martin managed the whole season for the most part.