2019 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hore has to slot into a backline with Hibberd, Lever, May, Jetta, Lewis, Salem, unless there are injuries i can't see him getting early games.

Scrimshaw couldn't get a gig at GC, will struggle big time to get minutes at Hawthorn.
These are my thoughts as well, particularly Hore ......there's a few others mentioned by Bob Cobb that are taller types, KPP , that i'm rarely keen on picking

So what's the popular thought on where the depth of rookies are this year & the structure ?

Do we go deep with a 6 premo midfield and 3 def & 3 Fwd structure ? .......just initially I'm struggling for Rookies both Defensively and Forwards ? .....thoughts
FWD rookies seem a little bare, but def rookies are good IMO, just not bargain basement priced. Collins, Logue and Cox are all options between $160k and $190k. Would expect all three to be there round 1 unless injury hits. I wouldn't be comfortable paying that much for 3 rookies from this years draft but they are all a couple of years older with more pre seasons under their belts.

Why are you so certain about Farrell ?
Kid has class written all over him. Has a great kick.

Look what he did to the Crows in the 2nd showdown last year in only his second game when he kicked 3 goals.

As I said we need speed in the midfield and he is one of the few players on our list that meets that requirement.

Billy Longer as a cheap ruck option? $260k, Hickey gone.

probably only capable of 75-80 but should play all 22 games if fit.
Funny enough he has a bigger ceiling than Naismith.

Pierce is the worry though.

FWD rookies seem a little bare, but def rookies are good IMO, just not bargain basement priced. Collins, Logue and Cox are all options between $160k and $190k. Would expect all three to be there round 1 unless injury hits. I wouldn't be comfortable paying that much for 3 rookies from this years draft but they are all a couple of years older with more pre seasons under their belts.
So where will you go thinner with Premo's to load up more I assume in the forwards ? ......MID or DEF ?

I'm still prone to go with a 5 premo mid, 1 mid pricer & 2 rookies at this stage

Look what he did to the Crows in the 2nd showdown last year in only his second game when he kicked 3 goals.

As I said we need speed in the midfield and he is one of the few players on our list that meets that requirement.
And Atley....thoughts ?

Billy Longer as a cheap ruck option? $260k, Hickey gone.

probably only capable of 75-80 but should play all 22 games if fit.

Playong with 29 trades,

Interesting strategy

Spend 180k on a rookie defender such as Collins and get 75-80

Longer and witherden
Vs
Goldy and Collins

Hmmm i know where I'm headed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Nelso, at $216K that's too awkward a price

Haven’t seen Hartlett mentioned at all, 350k might not be a bad option, although with the likes of Roberton and Birchall so cheap he’s probably not as relevant.

Markov one to keep an eye out for Richmond in terms of def rookies, 150k, back fully fit and will be pushing to play round 1.

Scrolling through midfield prices, and came across Paul Ahern in that middle bracket like so so many are this year. His price reminded me of Clayton Oliver in his breakout season, so I did a comparison on footywire and the results are... interesting to say the least...

upload_2018-12-14_11-16-8.png
upload_2018-12-14_11-16-58.png

Thoughts on what he could average over the season? Could be an excellent call next to all of the Hanners, Libba, BCrouch madness. Check out the meters gained as well. TOG very low. Hmmmm...

Edit : He's $375,100

Don't like Ruckman with shoulder issues .....Clarke firming R3

-Tom Bellchambers: Shoulder surgery post-season. expected to return to full training following the team’s upcoming holiday break. progressing his contact up until Christmas.

To the many that have scrimshaw in their team. I can’t see him getting a game. Couldn’t on the gc. Would get 20 first half and 4 second half possessions in the 2s cause his tank was empty.

I’m very biased so take with a grain of salt but can’t see it happening early in the season anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree, and even if he does play he will struggle to get near it if his neafl stats are anything to go by

Given that no ruck except Dean Cox has gone back to back years as highest scoring ruck and the arrival of another ball winner in Dayne Beams, i reckon Grundy is overpriced. Even after Dangerfield's pure dominance the following season he always dipped down around 600K coming from 750k...

Grundy will be had for 580ish (possibly lower) by Round 9/10

Goldy's 110 avg from Round 9 onwards last season and Preuss's departure should all but lock him in to at least half the teams.

Given that no ruck except Dean Cox has gone back to back years as highest scoring ruck and the arrival of another ball winner in Dayne Beams, i reckon Grundy is overpriced. Even after Dangerfield's pure dominance the following season he always dipped down around 600K coming from 750k...

Grundy will be had for 580ish (possibly lower) by Round 9/10

Goldy's 110 avg from Round 9 onwards last season and Preuss's departure should all but lock him in to at least half the teams.
Im thinking this too.

Out of anyone line of players that suffers from the rule changes I reckon it will be rucks that go backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back