2019 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If not yet posted, this is interesting with Brodie Grundy (sounds like he is eyeing off JLT2 based on news)
Worth a listen re rucks grabbing it straight out of the ruck contest(sound like he'll continue working to his mids, i.e. won't be changing much).
Tay Adams' position (high % mid time) etc.
AFL'Fantasy-focused, but that doesn't matter in this context.
Edit: Another rule change impact may be less stoppages, guess that works,against the top rucks(?).

Last edited:
I think I'm going to go into round 1 with 4 emergencies playing in the first 2 games (Walsh, Setterfield, Fort, Quaynor) and will make minor adjustments to my team according to how they score. That way I'll get to have a look at their performances and whoever does best will determine whether i use a floating donut/who i use.

If Walsh or Setterfield do well ill use Riach from West Coast as my floating donut as i can swing him forward or midfield.

If Quaynor scores best of the 4 ill swing Rozee forward, buy a 102k fwd/back (e.g Walker from melbourne) for Parker/Cavarra and select a 117k mid thats playing (e.g Hind)

If Fort scores best ill consider downgrading Goldstein to Mumford, upgrading my f6 (Parker/Cavarra) to someone like Greene and going with a 117k mid.

I realise its only 1 round of information but i think its good strategy to go into the season with 1 floating donut. Usually it'd be a R/F 3 but with Fort looking likely to get games it may be best to use a donut from a different position. I'm still open to the idea of not using a donut in round 1 but that will be determined after 2 games of 'info'.

At the moment my team is super flexible due to having Rozee, Setterfield & Duursma. Obviously i need those 3 to actually play to be worth picking them but being able to swing them between positions opens up a lot of avenues for me. Ideally i'd have more money in the bank to start the season but i figure id rather pick higher priced rookies like Walsh, Collins, Rozee, Setterfield & Quaynor than go into the year with a war chest. Obviously my strategy may change as cheaper rookies present themselves in JLT and are named for round 1 but at the moment im trying to cover all bases.

If not yet posted, this is interesting with Brodie Grundy (sounds like he is eyeing off JLT2 based on news)
Worth a listen re rucks grabbing it straight out of the ruck contest(sound like he'll continue working to his mids, i.e. won't be changing much).
Tay Adams' position (high % mid time) etc.
AFL'Fantasy-focused, but that doesn't matter in this context.
Edit: Another rule change impact may be less stoppages, guess that works,against the top rucks(?).

Gave it a listen last night. My main takeaways:
- Grundy was back training with the main group as of yesterday, hoping to play JLT2 (no others). There are some VFL expos he will have a run around in but nothing strenuous. He is lacking a bit of speed at the moment but strength is up from extra gym sessions.
- Won't take the ball out of the ruck any more than he did before, he will let his midfielders do their job
- Rucks (and certainly him) relish the number one ruck role
- Keen to know "fantasy pig" status criteria
- Open play with new rules is resulting in less stoppages, midfielders are required to be more defensive (more tackles? although this would lead to more stoppages, I don't know)
- Adams, Beams and Treloar will be the regular three at centre bounces
- Adams the most dominant midfielder this pre-season

- Grundy was back training with the main group as of yesterday, hoping to play JLT2 (no others). There are some VFL expos he will have a run around in but nothing strenuous. He is lacking a bit of speed at the moment but strength is up from extra gym sessions.
- Won't take the ball out of the ruck any more than he did before, he will let his midfielders do their job
- Open play with new rules is resulting in less stoppages, midfielders are required to be more defensive (more tackles? although this would lead to more stoppages, I don't know)

Interested in the less stoppages component.
In theory that would mean less Ruck contests > Less Hit Outs > Less Points

We could see a drop across the board with rucks, how many ppg is the $50,000 question though!?
Maybe money is better spent elsewhere and go cheap in the ruck division.

Going to have to watch JLT like a hawk.

The bit on the stoppage impact was interesting, worth monitoring re topline rucks' value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey folks,
SC newbie, but have played the traditional scoring fantasy games for years. Won my ultimate footy league last year & just missed out on the chockies in the AFL fantasy (dream team) comp.
it seems most folks in Vic play SC as opposed to the others, so I'm gonna have a go.
any tips you don't mind divulging as I'm unfamiliar with the scoring system in a practical sense
cheers for any responses :thumbsu:

hey folks,
SC newbie, but have played the traditional scoring fantasy games for years. Won my ultimate footy league last year & just missed out on the chockies in the AFL fantasy (dream team) comp.
it seems most folks in Vic play SC as opposed to the others, so I'm gonna have a go.
any tips you don't mind divulging as I'm unfamiliar with the scoring system in a practical sense

Welcome friend. Scoring system is based on whoever the blokes at champion data are crushing on this year. Stick around enjoy the ride and the puppies.

hey folks,

contested possessions are worth more
poor disposal efficiency is punished
intercept marks and possessions are gold
hitouts only matter if they're to advantage
KOTD action is desirable.

hey folks,
Welcome ! ...... you’ll find a diverse array of opinions on players here .... pretty fun place, but make no mistake , there’s some pretty successful players here .... top 100 - top 500

contested possessions are worth more
poor disposal efficiency is punished
intercept marks and possessions are gold
hitouts only matter if they're to advantage
KOTD action is desirable.
Andrew ... i’m on phone overseas & im not flash on it ... maybe direct him to the stickied thread on scoring and tips ?

hey folks,
Not too much to it, just buy a bottle of luck pills from the chemist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back