2019 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheBeardAmigos said we could have this once SC finals came around.

Im still involved but 2019 is just around the corner.:D

My initial thoughts are about the number of high priced premos we will have next year.

Can anyone recall a year where so many players will average 120 and above?

It think its going to be quite the dilemma for our starting teams with players we are all going to want in our teams like Titch, Gawn, Grundy, Fyfe, Cripps.

Then u have more expensive than normal Laird and Lloyd in the backline.

Danger will also prob be a lock for most sides especially as a forward if he gets the status.

Obviously will depend ok the rookies as well but this year and been a great year for rookies actually, doubt we get this good of a batch again next year.

tumblr_mcyyyxw5u51r1ukqvo1_500.gif

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Think it's relevant to look at who will be FWD eligible next year because this year has been crap in that regards.
Danger surely will get FWD status next year. Mclean will lose it and Heeney may keep it.

Lock Grundy and Gawn away as set and forget rucks for the next 3 years barring injury.
Backs: Doc, Short (Laird probable upgrade target). Yeo will lose Def. status, as will Brayshaw.
Mids: Titch, Oliver, Macrae, Jelly, Cripps (Now that's a midfield)
Rucks: Grundy, Gawn
Forwards: Danger then daylight.

Supposed to be a really strong draft year, so if that's the case there could be plenty of strong draft picks that go after the first round, making them basement price. I will personally be looking for mature age rookies first and foremost after this years fails with high priced high draft picks.

At first glance it will definitely be a GnR year, but a long way to go until then.

Looking forward to seeing others thoughts on potential rookies and breakout candidates. Setterfield a rookie lock if he's right to go at the start of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering

Defensive Premiums
Doc
Laird
Yeo
Lloyd
Sicily

Midfield premiums
Titch
Dusty
Oliver
Fyfe
Cripps
Danger
Jelly

Ruck premiums
Gawn
Grundy

Forwards premiums
:sick:

Hopefully billings is listed as midfield only so I don’t need to consider the massive fault

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
Think it's relevant to look at who will be FWD eligible next year because this year has been crap in that regards.
Danger surely will get FWD status next year. Mclean will lose it and Heeney may keep it.

Lock Grundy and Gawn away as set and forget rucks for the next 3 years barring injury.
Backs: Doc, Short (Laird probable upgrade target). Yeo will lose Def. status, as will Brayshaw.

Supposed to be a really strong draft year, so if that's the case there could be plenty of strong draft picks that go after the first round, making them basement price. I will personally be looking for mature age rookies first and foremost after this years fails with high priced high draft picks.

At first glance it will definitely be a GnR year, but a long way to go until then.

Looking forward to seeing others thoughts on potential rookies and breakout candidates. Setterfield a rookie lock if he's right to go at the start of the year.
Imagine a starting forward line next year will looking like...
Danger, Dusty, Heeney/Gray,
Bont, Rookie, Rookie.

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Considering

Defensive Premiums
Doc
Laird
Yeo
Lloyd
Sicily

Midfield premiums
Titch
Dusty
Oliver
Fyfe
Cripps
Danger
Jelly

Ruck premiums
Gawn
Grundy

Forwards premiums
:sick:

Hopefully billings is listed as midfield only so I don’t need to consider the massive fault
Yeo been playing midfield all year except for three quarters of one game. Absolutely no chance of retaining def. status.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

Couple of points

Will we be able to afford 2 premium priced Ruckmen? ......i doubt it
2. I agree with your thoughts re who loses / retains their current positional status
3. There will be plenty of Rookies ......but we know the success of premium priced rookies this year was poor

From Adelaide's POV .....player watch: Fogarty, Milera, .....and Brad Crouch
...................................Rookie watch: Andrew McPherson

Other players: Witherden, Rayner, Curnow, Ahern......Bennell :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back