2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Jame Elliott is surprisingly consistent. I had always pegged him as an up and down type

2017 - Average 75, Standard deviation 20.5
2015 - Average 80, Standard deviation 19.3
2014 - Average 87, Standard deviation 20.5

(A Standard deviation of 15 is considered elite. I excluded games from 14 and 15 which were sub affected)
I was surprised too when I checked, just can't trust his body though personally.

I've moved to more of a guns n rookies approach, still got a fair few midpricers but I cut out Cousins and Rocky. 5 midpricers in the mids seemed a bit much and I like having another uber premo in Cogs. Still kept both Sheed and Brouch as I'm hopefuly one of them will end up as my M8. Same thing in the backline, I expect one of Smith and Williams to become D8 by season's end, with an average of around 95 (most likely Williams).

Def: Lloyd, Crisp, Smith, Williams, Clark, Duursma
Mids: Cogs, Bray, Mrouch, Sheed, Brouch, Libba, Walsh, Scott
Ruc: Gawn, Goldy
Fwd: Danger, Boak, Telly, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew

So 6 rookies on field but I'm hopeful they should all manage 60s. I don't mind letting go of Cousins, cash gen is important but you still need to start picking enough keepers. Think there is more than enough players in my team that will go up in price. Besides, Scott just needs to stay within 20 points of Cousins to be making cash just as quickly.

Letting go of Rocky was the hardest but he essentially got turned into Cogs who I think will be a top 3 mid. Rocky will be the very first upgrade target the moment he starts showing some ceiling. I don't mind waiting a bit and paying 650k for him, still a bargain.

Found two ways to get Selwood into my team, curious as to whether people think it's worth it or not -

Original Side:

DEF: Whit, Crisp, B. Smith, Williams, Ridley, Scrimshaw (170K, Burgess)

MID: Bray, Treloar, Taranto, Rocky, Brouch, Sheed, Libba, Walsh (Scott, Atkins)

RUCK: Gawn, Phillips (A. Smith, Cameron)

FWD: Danger, Boak, Telly, Worp, Setters, Drew (Petrucelle, Balta)

1st Alternative Side

DEF: Witho, Crisp, B. Smith, Williams, Clark, Scrimshaw, (170K, Burgess)

MID: Bray, Treloar, Selwood, Taranto, Rocky, Brouch, Sheed, Walsh (Scott, Atkins)

RUCK: Goldy, Phillips (170K, Cameron)

OR

2nd Alternative Side

MID: Bray, Trel, Sel, Taranto, Rocky, Brouch, Sheed, Walsh (Scott, Atkins)

FWD: Danger, Boak, Telly, McCarthy, Setters, Drew (Petrucelle, Balta)

Players bolded are different from original side. Essentially -

I can go down from Ridley to Clark, Gawn to Goldy, Archie to basement ruck rook, Whit to Witho and then Libba up to Sel

OR

I can go from Ridley to Clark, Worpel to McCarthy, Whit to Witho and Libba up to Sel (Worpel to McCarthy is the big cash gen move)

Even the most injury prone of players are capable of putting together a durable streak even if its just for a season.
Have faith

Yeah Crouch is locked in and am considering Elliott over Newnes. I think if they do get injured early though it'll be one of those typical fantasy hindsight moments.

Treloar + Telly or MacRae + Worpel?

Have option 1 currently with Treloar as set and forget captain early, but MacRae could be more consistent.

What would you pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve kept it fairly low key so far but beginning to ramp it up. As per usual, plenty of chopping and changing!
good to see.
Are you going with the big rucks Grundy and Gawn straight up? which to me is the big question which dictates pot. structure.
My mob is looking very mid priced madness atm, I'm a sucker for punishment.

good to see.
Are you going with the big rucks Grundy and Gawn straight up? which to me is the big question which dictates pot. structure.
My mob is looking very mid priced madness atm, I'm a sucker for punishment.

Grundy and Martin currently, still not 100% across what Melbourne are doing with their rucks. Every chance I swap back to Gawn if Preuss not named round 1, but the extra cash is handy. I've even considered Goldstein but I'm not sure if I'm ready to get burnt again...

Grundy and Martin currently, still not 100% across what Melbourne are doing with their rucks. Every chance I swap back to Gawn if Preuss not named round 1, but the extra cash is handy. I've even considered Goldstein but I'm not sure if I'm ready to get burnt again...
looking at Melbs. injury list it's starting to look like a pick who's available. seen print saying Preuss has groin issues and needs to develop in the two's before coming in. clear as mud. G/L, good to see you about :thumbsu:

looking at Melbs. injury list it's starting to look like a pick who's available. seen print saying Preuss has groin issues and needs to develop in the two's before coming in. clear as mud. G/L, good to see you about :thumbsu:
Same to you! I'll be around these parts again now for the season. All the best.

Thoughts on Witts vs Goldy as R2? Witts seems a value pick for about 3k more.

I currently have Goldy but have been thinking about changing to Witts. I just have a feeling with the new ruck rules he could definitely benefit with a few extra clearances at his height to take his average into the 100s. But don't think either option is bad.

Found two ways to get Selwood into my team, curious as to whether people think it's worth it or not -

Original Side:

DEF: Whit, Crisp, B. Smith, Williams, Ridley, Scrimshaw (170K, Burgess)

MID: Bray, Treloar, Taranto, Rocky, Brouch, Sheed, Libba, Walsh (Scott, Atkins)

1st Alternative Side

MID: Bray, Treloar, Selwood, Taranto, Rocky, Brouch, Sheed, Walsh (Scott, Atkins)

RUCK: Goldy, Phillips (170K, Cameron)

OR

2nd Alternative Side

MID: Bray, Trel, Sel, Taranto, Rocky, Brouch, Sheed, Walsh (Scott, Atkins)

FWD: Danger, Boak, Telly, McCarthy, Setters, Drew (Petrucelle, Balta)

Players bolded are different from original side. Essentially -

I can go down from Ridley to Clark, Gawn to Goldy, Archie to basement ruck rook, Whit to Witho and then Libba up to Sel

OR

I can go from Ridley to Clark, Worpel to McCarthy, Whit to Witho and Libba up to Sel (Worpel to McCarthy is the big cash gen move)
I would play an extra rookie in the mid

Treloar + Telly or MacRae + Worpel?

Have option 1 currently with Treloar as set and forget captain early, but MacRae could be more consistent.

What would you pick?
Currently facing the same question. Crae, Worpl, Duursma vs Treloar, Heeney, Scrim

What's your thoughts on Ridley, Moore and Milera? Iv'e heard 'elite' supercoachers saying Ridley and Moore are midpriced mistakes considering a rookie will make more money.Can Milera average 95 to 100, the crows do like to pass it around in the back half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back