Strategy 2019 planning

JDWCE

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Couple of little against-the-grain gambles I’m considering taking... J.Higgins instead of Worpel in the forward line, Hunter Clark instead of Williams in defence.

Higgins and Clark both had great junior numbers and look poised for second year breakouts and moves into the midfield at their respective clubs. Thoughts?
Clark has looked solid in JLT. Chances of picking second year break outs are extremely difficult though. Think he definitely COULD be a good pick. But also think a lot depends on whether Stevens comes back and if that changes his role or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zevon

All Australian
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Indies
Clark has looked solid in JLT. Chances of picking second year break outs are extremely difficult though. Think he definitely COULD be a good pick. But also think a lot depends on whether Stevens comes back and if that changes his role or not
Good points. Think his price allows me to wait a week or two on him and see how he looks. If Williams doesn’t play round 1 for whatever reason then I may end up starting with Clark but otherwise he’s a wait and see sort of proposition.

JADED

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Think so as you need more money for Smith.
Having Smith & Clarke make some money would be a nice change. Then roll to Fort etc later in the season.

What's Martin doing Round 1, he's not in the AFL 22 from what I see. Smith is starting ruck.

Zevon

All Australian
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Indies
Having Smith & Clarke make some money would be a nice change. Then roll to Fort etc later in the season.
Imagine if we had Clarke and Smith both starting round 1. Would be a lot of money sitting on your ruck bench but wowee imagine having an R3 and R4 both playing and making cash... unheard of o_O

Last edited:

JDWCE

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Think so as you need more money for Smith.

What's Martin doing Round 1, he's not in the AFL 22 from what I see. Smith is starting ruck.
Would certainly take those AFL 22's with a pinch of salt (if that)

But yep, definitely merit in having Archie on your bench. Looking at that option myself.

DynamiteDons can you shed any light on if Daniher's injury opens the door for Clarke?

JDWCE

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Would be seriously tempting to go down that route wouldn’t it. Imagine what that mountain of cash would do elsewhere :think:
It really would. I usually go a budget R2 every year but every year since I can remember has actually warranted it and had decent options. This year just doesn't have those options. Still risky business I suppose

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This preseason has to end...

Now I’m considering trading macrae and going

Macrae to trealor
Steele to Cripps

4K short of going steele to cogs :(

Not sure if there’s is much benefit in this at all or if it makes my midfield worse not having macrae

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elroy67

Senior List
AFL Club
Sydney

Macrae to trealor
Steele to m crouch

Not sure if there’s is much benefit in this at all or if it makes my midfield worse not having macrae
The big questions are: What were your reasons to pick Macrae in the first place? What has happened to make you reconsider selecting him?

FlowersByIrene

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants, Man U

Macrae to trealor
Steele to Cripps

4K short of going steele to cogs :(

IMO that is definitely a safe option

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The big questions are: What were your reasons to pick Macrae in the first place? What has happened to make you reconsider selecting him?
I still think macrae will Be the highest scoring player this year and I will want him in my team. Just slightly concerned by swans in rnd 1 if he Cops a tight tag and his price could drop 50k+ very quick.

At the same time he may go 130 from the get go and I’m left chasing my tail all season to get him.

Maybe I’m just making change for the sake of change at this point now

Coasters7

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s very tempting to have all of Steele Taranto Sheed Rockliff Crouch in the same midfield. Sets you up big time elsewhere and if they all hit 100-105 up to the byes you’re laughing. 100k maximum for upgrades to top 8 mids. Add Libba and Walsh to that too.. (Don’t talk myself into it.. don’t talk myself into it)

Top Bottom