2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at all concerned about him going 100+, just saying that 120+ is rare territory. For what’s it worth I love watching him rack up the stats and he’s a likely starter for me. Remember a few times he was tagged this year and still went big
Easy enough to break down the times players have averaged 110+ 115+ 120+ ect

Anybody not really thinking about selecting either of Titch or MacRae? I'm sure I'll have a brief look but I think I can make up those missed points in other areas for ~150k cheaper

Anybody not really thinking about selecting either of Titch or MacRae? I'm sure I'll have a brief look but I think I can make up those missed points in other areas for ~150k cheaper

Its more whether your not looking to pick any of the big 3 (that avg over 120) last year.

I dont think I'll start with either of them. Their combined price is 1.828M, for 250k less I can start with Cripps and Kelly and spend that 250 on an upgrade from a midpricer like Hanners > Martin for example. I will start with Grundy for captain cover though.

PAFC27 powerrrrrrrrrrrr

What role/position do you expect the Hoff to play for port in 2019?

I see the Hoff playing a floating wing type roll between the arches as a link up player with rest time up forward or loose in defence when needed. Don’t think he Will ave 100 again as he will loose his ruck time due to the addition of Lycett but should be around the 95 mark I think.

I dont think I'll start with either of them. Their combined price is 1.828M, for 250k less I can start with Cripps and Kelly and spend that 250 on an upgrade from a midpricer like Hanners > Martin for example. I will start with Grundy for captain cover though.

Yeh you can easily get away without the 2 big mids if you have Grundy IMO

Grundy averaged 121.7 after round 1 which is basically what Macrae achieved albeit he was injured for a half

I need a way to find 20 pts price ie 150k to get Westhoff to Grundy

But i love the rest of my side

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently I’m pretty settled on this line up pending rookie selections and have to look more into my bye structure.

Def: L.Whitfield (101.64), C.Blakely (92.96), Z.Williams (58.94), G.Birchall (49.00), C.Rozee (36.68), C.Burgess (23.80) (J.Scrimshaw (28.42), M.Hore (23.80))

Mid: J.Macrae (124.60), D.Beams (107.52), M.Crouch (106.54), Z.Merrett (103.04), B.Crouch (73.36), D.Hannebery (60.76), S.Walsh (37.80), B.Bewley (23.80) (W.Hayes (23.80), C.Constable (23.80))

Ruc: B.Grundy (121.94), T.Goldstein (94.92) (D.Fort (23.80), D.Cameron (23.80))

Fwd: P.Dangerfield (107.94), J.Dunkley (97.30), T.Kelly (88.20), W.Setterfield (35.14), B.Cavarra (25.48), S.McAdam (23.80) (M.Parker (24.92), J.Corbett (23.80))

Currently I’m pretty settled on this line up pending rookie selections and have to look more into my bye structure.

Def: L.Whitfield (101.64), C.Blakely (92.96), Z.Williams (58.94), G.Birchall (49.00), C.Rozee (36.68), C.Burgess (23.80) (J.Scrimshaw (28.42), M.Hore (23.80))

Mid: J.Macrae (124.60), D.Beams (107.52), M.Crouch (106.54), Z.Merrett (103.04), B.Crouch (73.36), D.Hannebery (60.76), S.Walsh (37.80), B.Bewley (23.80) (W.Hayes (23.80), C.Constable (23.80))

Fwd: P.Dangerfield (107.94), J.Dunkley (97.30), T.Kelly (88.20), W.Setterfield (35.14), B.Cavarra (25.48), S.McAdam (23.80) (M.Parker (24.92), J.Corbett (23.80))
Me likey.
Very similar to my rough draft, I've been tossing up which mid pricers to run with as there's value in quite a few, but cash gen is vital. So rather than B Crouch and Hanners I've run with Libba at M6 and Martin at M5. I like the Goldstein choice at R2. Also looking at Greene for F4 after finding places for Danger, Devon and Dunkley with Setterfield at F5

Me likey.
Very similar to my rough draft, I've been tossing up which mid pricers to run with as there's value in quite a few, but cash gen is vital. So rather than B Crouch and Hanners I've run with Libba at M6 and Martin at M5. I like the Goldstein choice at R2. Also looking at Greene for F4 after finding places for Danger, Devon and Dunkley with Setterfield at F5

I have been tossing and changing over Martin constantly. Think he will be back to scoring 105+ but have swapped him to beams who I can see going big again. If I need the extra 100k cash from somewhere I’ll downgrade there to Martin quite happily though.

Have gone for b crouch over Libba for two main reasons, first the crows have a very good draw and think there Mids will smash some very good scores, as he has in the past, and secondly of course is libbas injury worries (then again crouch has a dodgy history too)

I’m staying away from Greene this year, another interprupted pre season and don’t think he is into training until the new year. Can’t remember what the new injury is but maybe a hip or something? But that sounds like a very solid fwd line

I have been tossing and changing over Martin constantly. Think he will be back to scoring 105+ but have swapped him to beams who I can see going big again. If I need the extra 100k cash from somewhere I’ll downgrade there to Martin quite happily though.

Have gone for b crouch over Libba for two main reasons, first the crows have a very good draw and think there Mids will smash some very good scores, as he has in the past, and secondly of course is libbas injury worries (then again crouch has a dodgy history too)

I’m staying away from Greene this year, another interprupted pre season and don’t think he is into training until the new year. Can’t remember what the new injury is but maybe a hip or something? But that sounds like a very solid fwd line
Yeah, I'm liking Crouch too but there'll be some good Rooks making cash too. ****ed if I know how to balance the midpricers against the points/cash gen, guess it's wait n see. Not sure how Greene will go yet but he's a tasty discount and I'm keen on batting deep in the mids and fwds, bit light on in def with Logue at D4 ATM.

Last edited:

Very similar side to mine. Backs and fwds literally the same. One less premium mid means an upgrade of Westhoff to Grundy and Kreuzer to Goldy in the rucks.

I guess it may depend on how many rookies are available in the mids.

With the circumstances around daw and Preuss no longer at the club, Goldstein has just become a big lock at 2nd Ruck after his strong finish to the year for me

What’s preuss got to do with goldy score.
He didn’t play at all last year, so goldy scores weren’t effected but him at all. And Majak played mainly FB, and very well to. Again Goldys score weren’t effected because of that either.

So both those players not being there this year (Majak maybe) won’t have much of an impact on Goldys scoring. I personally don’t see much upside to him as a value pick. At best I see him avg 92 - 95 for the year.

Going for a set and forget ruck I’ve gone Grundy paired with Stef. Did extremely well last season to avg 100+ even with Brisbane playing a second ruck.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hoff around the 90 mark for me.

powerrrrrrrrrrrr has a good point. Been swapping between Lobb and Goldstein but that may solidify it.

On the topic of Lobb, I think he's good for an 80 and he's cheap as chips. Could hold you down until 2nd ruck emerges.

Imagine if Grundy stinks it up next year, were all screwed lol

What’s preuss got to do with goldy score.
He didn’t play at all last year, so goldy scores weren’t effected but him at all. And Majak played mainly FB, and very well to. Again Goldys score weren’t effected because of that either.

So both those players not being there this year (Majak maybe) won’t have much of an impact on Goldys scoring. I personally don’t see much upside to him as a value pick. At best I see him avg 92 - 95 for the year.

Going for a set and forget ruck I’ve gone Grundy paired with Stef. Did extremely well last season to avg 100+ even with Brisbane playing a second ruck.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you look at the first half of last season Daw was getting 7-10 hit outs a game as he was floating. When he settled in defence Goldy averaged 105 over his final 10 games. There’s potentially 10 points upside in Goldy, not huge. But none of the rucks bar Grundy are overly appealing

Looks like Birchall is in for another round of knee surgery, think he’s getting to the point it’s just too much of a risk for me to take
You couldn't think of it pick him now. No pre season and hasn't played in 2 seasons. I think Brodie Smith looks better and got me that's a big concession.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back