2019 Player X v Y v Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not anything involving Rockliff.

Oliver + Goldy

Blakely + Witherden.

Have both ATM, but Wingard just. Dunkley is more expensive and we're yet to see who loses more mid minutes with Libba back.

Lots of $$ difference between the 3 but,
Neale vs MCrouch vs Steele.
MCrouch

Crowbots have one of the easiest draws of 2019.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dunkley vs Wingard and reasons why??

I don't think i can pick chad. He looks tubby. He is too busy playing fortnite. Apparently clarko wants him to play forward. Melbourne has more things to see than Murray Bridge. His disposal efficiency is pretty poor. He doesn't like running. It would hurt if he turns himself into a star. Clarko might drop him if he keeps staging.

Dunkley. Maybe. If he keeps playing mid. He's pretty expensive and not proven across a season.

I'm voting neither but watch for both.

Goldy + Blakely vs Gawn + Robertson

Gawn & Roberton?
Hands down

DA4DCE37-174C-454E-8626-6D7DEB1565A4.jpeg

OR

701ADEFE-0464-4A53-A917-E1CB2F27264E.jpeg

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon
The first one. Unless we're blessed with heaps of def rookies, then the second one.
Rookies at D4 and F4 makes me nervous, I always try to have a midpricer/ fallen premo/premo there.
Last season was fine to go 3 rookies down back, but who is this year's Finlayson, Doedee and Murray?

Brodie Smith vs Dylan Roberton?

Discuss
I was just gonna post the same thing.

Smith like Roberton has only averaged in the 90’s once in his career. Obviously the inclusion of Laird has affected his ceiling.

Roberton on the other hand has Webster to contend with. IMHO Roberton will be the main man out of defence/interceptor. He averaged 92 with Webster in the team most of 2017.

I’m cautious my bias may be an issue, but I really expect us to improve next year & finish around the 8-12th mark.

Please assume 4 players below all get thru preseason and are fit for Rd1

Sloane and Greene

Versus

Tim Kelly and Rockliff

Sloane has generally been durable, has 105-110 in him. Greene if fit (fair old if) is a special at that price.

Kelly I reckon will go well, see him as solid and not being talked about much, flying under radar.Rocky durability and output concerns tbh, just can't see it.

Prob A on that basis, less potential downside.

Titch & Kruezer Vs. Oliver & Goldy
V. interesting.
Kreuzer clear upside, but if he can't string games together, he becomes awkward.
Think Oliver and Goldy, lower risk of tight spot

Laird and Roberton v Blakely and Witherden?
Blakely + Witherden (personally like H Andrews best of Bris backs fwiw, keeps scoreboard ticking over with intercept work, contested grabs and spoils, but question there is impact of M Adams).
Blakely could go quite close to Laird, like Witherden over Roberton.

Dunkley vs Wingard and reasons why??
Can't say till we see where Chad will be played.
If he is primed for midtime, Chad, as see more role stability, Beveridge worries me personally
But case can be made for both tbh.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Grundy + Roberton v Witts + Crisp

Yes I've gone bonkers. I am considering Jarrod ******* Witts.

See the Flemington straight? Run to the end....give yourself an uppercut, then turn around and run back. Do this several times. When fatigue kicks in take a short rest. Take a sip of water. Think about your stupidity ......and then GET DAFAQ UP and do it all over again!

Witts cops a lot of stick, but he is solid and if the mids around him jump out of the gates (which I reckon they could), he might get you around 100 for all / part of the year.
Think the issue is he won’t get close enough to the top couple to be viable full-year, and at his starting price he’s not useful as a stepping stone (he’ll at best track square with the ~10% starting ‘premium’ and not lose $), so danger I see is that you’re locking in a trade and will need to find the cash for your big boy of choice elsewhere.
Plus Grundy shapes as a good C/VC option.
There’s a chance Roberton could match Crisp as the differentials between 4-10 and 11-15 ranked aren’t that large in DEF line, so if (and I reckon it’s a decent size if) Roberton gets continuity, you’ll come out ahead.
On that basis for anyone who read this far, option 1.
(Bit wordy, I know, but figure if you’re going to answer the question you might as well put the rationale out there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back