2019 Player X v Y v Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin@ 560k V Shuey@ 490k V Taylah Adams@ 523K. Interested at thoughts on Shuey, I'm new to SC, but he seems to be undervalued v output. Averaged over 107 in the last 11 games ( inc finals )
Shuedog was injured half of last year
He is underpriced but still only a 100-105 player
Nice POD especially in draft

Shuedog was injured half of last year
He is underpriced but still only a 100-105 player
Nice POD especially in draft
Yeah, averaged 97 up til injury. But what does 490k equate to in terms of average? Cos if I replace Martin with Shuey I can move Oliver > Mitchell. Does it make it worthwhile to think of him as M7/8.

Yeah, averaged 97 up til injury. But what does 490k equate to in terms of average? Cos if I replace Martin with Shuey I can move Oliver > Mitchell. Does it make it worthwhile to think of him as M7/8.
Maybe if its between Shuey and Libba/Hanners

Oliver and Martin is a better bet than Mitchell and Shuey.
But id back my gut on a call like that

Martin@ 560k V Shuey@ 490k V Taylah Adams@ 523K. Interested at thoughts on Shuey, I'm new to SC, but he seems to be undervalued v output. Averaged over 107 in the last 11 games ( inc finals )

Dusty of those. Dusty potentially underpriced given you’d think he’ll get more mid time with their additions.
Pies’ midfield a logjam, general wait and see.!
Shuey is class, have a soft spot for him, but agree with H2TYW on the ceiling.
Dusty highest ceiling and chance to be genuine top tier mid.

Dusty of those. Dusty potentially underpriced given you’d think he’ll get more mid time with their additions.
Pies’ midfield a logjam, general wait and see.!
Shuey is class, have a soft spot for him, but agree with H2TYW on the ceiling.
Dusty highest ceiling and chance to be genuine top tier mid.
Reckon Dusty will still rest Fwd same as last year, if anything the Lynch addition will see Caddy/Rioli/Higgins with more Mid time, Dusty is still a hard match up one on one, particularly if Lynch and Jr8 are up on the wings as the marking/get out targets. Agree with the Pies Mids, definitely a wait n see.
Shuey pulled 168 in the GF, maybe an indication of his ceiling?

Reckon Dusty will still rest Fwd same as last year, if anything the Lynch addition will see Caddy/Rioli/Higgins with more Mid time, Dusty is still a hard match up one on one. Agree with the Pies Mids, definitely a wait n see.
Shuey pulled 168 in the GF, maybe an indication of his ceiling?

It’s definitely possible with Shuey, Gaff (admittedly different style of player) was one I wouldn’t have seen taking the step up he did last year.
Shuey has always had the sort of game he plays now, bit like a Wines type with the odd outlier / streaks but average more in that rung below topliners. Won’t be a bad option, just not sure he’ll hit the heights.
(Phenomenal in the GF, huge game.)

It’s definitely possible with Shuey, Gaff (admittedly different style of player) was one I wouldn’t have seen taking the step up he did last year.
Shuey has always had the sort of game he plays now, bit like a Wines type with the odd outlier / streaks but average more in that rung below topliners. Won’t be a bad option, just not sure he’ll hit the heights.
(Phenomenal in the GF, huge game.)

It's funny how possibly one game could ignite the thoughts about what he's capable of. Maybe a 'wait n see'

Oliver with a double shoulder reco and a tagging target?, gamble on Martin after last year?
The shoulder thing worries me a little as I dont like paying top price for under done players but because its his shoulder he can still run and keep up fitness plus Melbourne and piggy are entering their prime.
Piggy wont get tagged as he kicks the ball about as many times as fellow pig TMitchell and both as about as damaging as Jack Billings in September.

Shuey never seems to quite get to top premo status. He's been the first tagged player for years, but this may change with Yeo's emergence.
If I were picking a a Pies mid it would be Beams or Treloar, but with such a stacked midfield points will be shared around and it's hard to pick who will go 110-115 especially with Grundy in there as well.
Dusty wasn't right last year and his numbers dropped off, including tackles halved from 4 to 2 per game. 2 more tackles a game alone would be enough to increase his average from 104 to 112. Also won't be required to spend as much time forward with Lynch there.
Just my thoughts.

Shuey never seems to quite get to top premo status. He's been the first tagged player for years, but this may change with Yeo's emergence.
If I were picking a a Pies mid it would be Beams or Treloar, but with such a stacked midfield points will be shared around and it's hard to pick who will go 110-115 especially with Grundy in there as well.
Dusty wasn't right last year and his numbers dropped off, including tackles halved from 4 to 2 per game. 2 more tackles a game alone would be enough to increase his average from 104 to 112. Also won't be required to spend as much time forward with Lynch there.
Just my thoughts.
To me, Dusty lacked the hunger for the game last season ......there were games where he made cameo performances, but for a lot of games he "cruised"

Now will this change in 2019 .......I'm not selecting until i see a body of evidence

The shoulder thing worries me a little as I dont like paying top price for under done players but because its his shoulder he can still run and keep up fitness plus Melbourne and piggy are entering their prime.
Piggy wont get tagged as he kicks the ball about as many times as fellow pig TMitchell and both as about as damaging as Jack Billings in September.

Williams, fyfe and gawn

Vs

Lloyd, martin and goldy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McLean v Wingard

Loved McLean last year but it's a watch on him with Libba back

Wingard goes well when played as a mid- clarko will have seen that

So... chad for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back