2019 Player X v Y v Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can't go wrong with both ....depends on which zone needs strengthening the most ....looking at your proposed changes yesterday, you looked a bit thin for DEF bench support

Yeah, I did. If I trade in Hurn I can loop Smith/Logue for D6 but would have to start Gibbo/Answerth to cover for Cripps since my "spare" forward (Hoff) would be covering for Gawn in the ruck this week.

Gibbo > rookie & Answerth > Stewart next week would sort out my def depth but would leave me tradeless. Would have decent cover on every line, but don't like the idea of going 6 rounds without any trades.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Yeah, I did. If I trade in Hurn I can loop Smith/Logue for D6 but would have to start Gibbo/Answerth to cover for Cripps since my "spare" forward (Hoff) would be covering for Gawn in the ruck this week.

Gibbo > rookie & Answerth > Stewart next week would sort out my def depth but would leave me tradeless. Would have decent cover on every line, but don't like the idea of going 6 rounds without any trades.
I've decided I can't us valuabl trades for a 1 wk issue .....this looks a good outcome IF you think Westhoff has good JS ...that's the question

Will Port prefer Ryder to Westhoff going forward ....you have to think that Ryder won't be left in th SANFL for the rest of the year ...and with Dixon back, how many talls can Port play ??

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've decided I can't us valuabl trades for a 1 wk issue .....this looks a good outcome IF you think Westhoff has good JS ...that's the question

Will Port prefer Ryder to Westhoff going forward ....you have to think that Ryder won't be left in th SANFL for the rest of the year ...and with Dixon back, how many talls can Port play ??

I think Hoff provides much more to Port than Ryder does, who can only play ruck (awful forward) where as Hoff can play forward, ruck, def, on the wing. Every team needs a player like this in their 22. Out of all the roles he plays KPF is probably his weakest, so hopefully with Dixon & Dougal in, Hoff will be freed up a bit from here on. Yeah, he's a gamble for an on field pick but not so much if only providing fwd/ruck cover.

I can see Ryder coming in for one of Dixon/Dougal at some point if either get injured or out of form.

Last edited:

bbco49

Team Captain
Feb 1, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pacers, SF 49ers
Upgrade Hore D6 or Angus Brayshaw M8?
Other starting defenders are Lloyd, Whitfield, Z Williams, Stewart, Sicily
Other starting midfielders are Jelly, Macrae, Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Cogs, Sloane

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lycett vs Westoff vs Lobb for F6/ruck cover? Have the cash to go any of them
If playing on field past this week then not westhoff on past performance this season. Lobb reasonably consistent and has a 91.5 avg for under 500k. Lycett good if you think he can continue 120+ scores. If low on trades and others to upgrade, then Lobb seems a good F6.

Gethsemene

All Australian
Apr 4, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Smith for me, Hore going slightly backward. Although seems a weird time to be trading in either?? (I’m a stupid campaigner, you’re looking who to trade out!!)

Yeah keep Smith

Stewart v Sicily
Sicily. His performance on the weekend should lock him into the backline. Will average the same, if not more, for less

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves

Andrew Birch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back