2019 PODs

How many PODs are in your starting team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a splendid call and he'll be there abouts again this year too. :moustache:

Ironically I had Yeo and Gov and couldn't go there...lolz

Do you have the Pub chook lotto numbers?

Because there's some sexy rissole and chop action one cannot ignore.:$
Im locking Hurn in kent. He's gonna kick it to the bearded one on the wing of Perth stadium 10 times a game. Sensual.

Whilst players would still remain a POD in terms of overall %, there are definitely players that are more popular among different communities.

If you are playing for league wins, but only subscribe to BF and come on here ranting and raving about about a player, it sometimes doesn't take much to get the ball rolling or at least start a discussion - especially if you are a trusted member of the community.

There have definitely been players in less than 10% overall teams but you almost see them 30-40% of BF teams. Hell, Robbie Gray is in 12.2% if teams however in 11 of the last 20 posted to the RMT thread.

I think it was Lycett last year who was incredibly POD-ish but was in over 60% of teams posted here. The idea of him at R2 wasn't incredibly popular outside the BigFooty bubble.

This is a safe space to talk about PODs. People should be encouraged to share their wild ideas, if not for the positive feedback and discussions it creates, but so that the community at large can mock and ridicule these individuals because that really helps pass the time. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going Steele for something different and because I literally never have St Kilda players in my team.

I'm also thinking about taking a punt on Johannison with the new kick in rules, but he's a bit inconsistent for my liking.

I get that he’s been training in the midfield this pre season, but how does he honestly play significant enough minutes there this season to warrant bringing him in? I can’t see it myself.

He’ll still play a lot of midfield but reckon Geelong will start transitioning him to a Luke Hodge in defence type role which they tried out a couple times last season.

Danger & Duncan to be full-time mids. Then Kelly, Jelwood, Parfitt & Narkle playing mostly mid.

Was planning on rolling with Greshem at F4 and still might, but currently have Toby McLean in there.
Bont and Sloane are at M3 and M4 and would count as PODs this season I'd think. Both proven premiums in the past coming off weaker seasons due to injury and team not performing as well. Has allowed me to stack my forward like having both as well.
Plenty can change between now and round 1 though.

Aside from them, Devon Smith may be the only other legit POD because I don't see as many people going with him to start this year. I missed the boat on him last year so essentially it's a corrective selection a year after the fact haha.

Back