2019 PODs

How many PODs are in your starting team?

• Total voters

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Couldn’t see a thread about the PODs in Supercoach 2019.

At the moment, without knowing the exact %’s of individual players picked in teams I’d say my PODs would be Luke Ryan, Angus Brayshaw, Tim Taranto and Brandan Parfitt.

I also have Matt Crouch but not sure if he’s a POD or not.

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Couldn’t see a thread about the PODs in Supercoach 2019.

At the moment, without knowing the exact %’s of individual players picked in teams I’d say my PODs would be Luke Ryan, Angus Brayshaw, Tim Taranto and Brandan Parfitt.

I also have Matt Crouch but not sure if he’s a POD or not.
I hope for your sake Brayshaw can improve his DE this year. Averaged 8 points higher in DT than SC last year. Most players average more in SC. That's a massive differential.

I have Ryan and Parfitt at the moment too.

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
I hope for your sake Brayshaw can improve his DE this year. Averaged 8 points higher in DT than SC last year. Most players average more in SC. That's a massive differential.

I have Ryan and Parfitt at the moment too.

I’m either going Brayshaw with around $40K salary left over. Or Dusty with pretty much no salary left over.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I've never understood this to be honest. Any reasonable pick is going to be discussed at some stage.
I do agree with you to a large extent, however; i reckon there are a couple that slip completely under the radar each year. Im sure you could count those with 1 hand but not every player in the comp will be discussed and thus a few will slip through the cracks so to speak.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1549518166332.png

Look at these brave POD balls

Huttabito

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've never understood this to be honest. Any reasonable pick is going to be discussed at some stage.
Whilst players would still remain a POD in terms of overall %, there are definitely players that are more popular among different communities.

If you are playing for league wins, but only subscribe to BF and come on here ranting and raving about about a player, it sometimes doesn't take much to get the ball rolling or at least start a discussion - especially if you are a trusted member of the community.

There have definitely been players in less than 10% overall teams but you almost see them 30-40% of BF teams. Hell, Robbie Gray is in 12.2% if teams however in 11 of the last 20 posted to the RMT thread.

Spacedog

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Whilst players would still remain a POD in terms of overall %, there are definitely players that are more popular among different communities.

If you are playing for league wins, but only subscribe to BF and come on here ranting and raving about about a player, it sometimes doesn't take much to get the ball rolling or at least start a discussion - especially if you are a trusted member of the community.

There have definitely been players in less than 10% overall teams but you almost see them 30-40% of BF teams. Hell, Robbie Gray is in 12.2% if teams however in 11 of the last 20 posted to the RMT thread.
A better rule would be to only mention a POD if no one else has mentioned them, that way you can take credit if he has a good season

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Closest thing I have to PODs are Cogs (4%) and Angus B (6%)

Back