2019 PODs

How many PODs are in your starting team?

• Total voters

FAILTOSUCCEED

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ben Cunnington is my POD.

I can see him really benefiting from the 666 rule and pushing his overall and contested possessions up.

He's a contested beast and having a little less traffic at centre clearances should allow him to get more of the pill and get it out effectively.

From a SC perspective it would make a big difference to see his kick/handball ratio improve which I think will happen if he doesn't have as many opponents hanging off him in the guts.

One suave ****
Do you ever not talk about North players?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
He's currently in my team but getting nervous because I haven't watched enough of him... talk me into locking him
5 x 100's in the last 7 games played .....lowest score an 83

Likely to see midfield time this season & off HB where he finished

Played first half of last season primarily as a forward ....hence the low scores ....went back 2nd half & took a few games to find his schmick

First time ever, won all our 2km trials over the PS

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Played first half of last season primarily as a forward ....hence the low scores ....went back 2nd half & took a few games to find his schmick

party time, excellent

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
At what point does becoming so POD obsessive, start being detrimental to your team?

Take my Bont vs Dustbin dilemma.

Dusbin has gone SP before, looks underpriced and has the 'potential' to be another top 10 mid this year. Last year he was poor and you'd expect him to bounce back.

Bont on the other hand, who i had last year, is obviously a massive POD, but i'm not convinced he has Dusty's ceiling or the ability to be a super SP.

And yet Dustbins 28% ownership absolutely disgusts me. Bont has 3% FFS.

I like having POD's, it's funner that way and makes the game more enjoyable... but there has to be a point where you just say, "Relton is too good not to have"

Having a similar dilemma with a few players.

I want to choose a few low % players, just to be different and like you say, make it more enjoyable.
But end of the day if Bont averages 110 and Dusty averages 110, did it matter that you took POD Bont?

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

Sssshhhhh campaigner FFS

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal

On the flip side, he scored 3 tonnes in his last 5 games last season.
The 2 he didn't go over 100 were the 2 games Brodie Smith played.

Smith is the devil.

I have Dusty in my team but I am starting to be tempted to swap him for Bont - Dusty had 30 touches in JLT2 for a sub-100 score.
Bont is risky because he can spend a lot more time forward but with Libba & Dunkley hopefully he gets released to a more outside role where he scored big in the late rounds of 2018.

The risk is Dusty gets back to his 2017 form where we was simply a beast.
Dusty is a great player and could go massive again, as per 2017
But, I had him last year and was just frustrated with his efforts
So, I'm not going to pick him until he forces me to

M5 for me. What line did you go weak?
Weak in defence. Embraced a little mid price madness. Only one premium defender at the moment. I might end up with 2 if I downgrade Walters at F3 for punchable.

One suave *

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
On the flip side, he scored 3 tonnes in his last 5 games last season.
The 2 he didn't go over 100 were the 2 games Brodie Smith played.

Smith is the devil.
Then Coaches should be scared of Laird then

Round 21
Smith ....129 SC points
Laird ......84 SC Points
Milera .....82 SC Points

Now I don't expect Smith to score anywhere near that this season .....but I do expect Laird to drop to 98 SC Average

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Then Coaches should be scared of Laird then

Round 21
Smith ....129 SC points
Laird ......84 SC Points
Milera .....82 SC Points

Now I don't expect Smith to score anywhere near that this season .....but I do expect Laird to drop to 98 SC Average

Yep, I pointed out in the Def thread that Laird's lowest 2 scores of the year were the games Smith played.

He's out for me.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Surely Dusty was injured last year, looked slow and ploddy.
Not IMO ....I said this all last year, he had a low care factor for most of last season, until the business end of the year .....the injury thing is well overblown IMO

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
I have Dusty in my team but I am starting to be tempted to swap him for Bont - Dusty had 30 touches in JLT2 for a sub-100 score.
Bont is risky because he can spend a lot more time forward but with Libba & Dunkley hopefully he gets released to a more outside role where he scored big in the late rounds of 2018.

The risk is Dusty gets back to his 2017 form where we was simply a beast.

Dusty is in my team for 2 reasons. Firstly I think he will score better than last year where he did carry some minor injuries (don't expect 2017 levels though). I'm thinking low 110s.
Secondly Richmond have like 8 Thursday/Friday night games so that gives him a certain level of extra value as a VC option throughout the year and we all know he can go huge its just a matter of when. There's no one else from Richmond that I would want as a VC option either and it seems a shame to miss out that avenue of scoring otherwise.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I’ve seen your side ..... we’re safe :p
tenor (1).gif

Back