2019 PODs

How many PODs are in your starting team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You just set the rules, day, time & country ...... trust me i’ll be there
No weapons. Death by chol.
Tuesday May 19th 1652. Sundown. Argentina somewhere.

Wear your fruit tingle jumper so I know its you :moustache:

No weapons. Death by chol.
Tuesday May 19th 1652. Sundown. Argentina somewhere.

Wear your fruit tingle jumper so I know its you :moustache:
I don't have a great gag reflex either.

I don't think its so much that he's a bad pick but he is up against a ton of value options in the midfield, including guys with more certain roles through the midfield that can absolutely rack it up. So for example Matt Crouch/Dustin Martin/Zac Merrett/Rory Sloane etc are all cheaper than him and its probably a coin flip whether they outscore him. Then on the other side the more expensive guys like Cripps, Macrae, Oliver, Fyfe and Kelly just rack up those contested possessions through the midfield in a volume that is hard to match.

Personally my issue with Bontempelli is he never finds enough ball. Rarely ever hits 30 touches, ever. Can still score really well from less touches obviously but as we saw from Mitchell last year, getting lots and lots of ball is a pretty good thing and makes it much easier/more reliable to achieve consistent high scoring. I see Bont as a worthy POD but as the season gets closer its hard to turn down those cheaper options.

yes but you also missing the fact he can go 120+ with low 20's possessions and that's fact he has alot of occasions. So he makes up for that negative you mentioned with that positive that can't be said for many.

Now enough of the ball is again back to my point, never plays as a true and proper midfielder, which he SHOULD BE EVERY GAME!!! However i guess our lack of forwards and scoring forces him there, but again, he shouldn't be there. Just wish to see him flourish at full capacity and see what his true potential is.

JLT games just showed me it's not happening, however i did see signs of positivity with the n6/6/6 rules. started him this yea......the moment i see the change that's needed and required from all logical standpoints and he plays mid, he in for me, could become a monster SC player if so, plus win him a brownlow.

Really not sure why Tich is brought up here and comparing Bont? They completely oppposite in almost every aspecct here, both as players and scorers for SC. So can't see why you compared?

Last edited:
Can any Saints fans give some insight into Jack Newnes?

Averaged 90/88/84 in 2015/16/17 and dropped last season to an average of 65.

Scored 117 in JLT2.

Obviously some type of role change last year, what role do you see him playing this season?

Could be a sneaky POD to pivot off Toby Greene at that price range, rarely misses games which appeals.

yes but you also missing the fact he can go 120+ with low 20's possessions and that's fact he has alot of occasions. So he makes up for that negative you mentioned with that positive that can't be said for many.

Now enough of the ball is again back to my point, never plays as a true and proper midfielder, which he SHOULD BE EVERY GAME!!! However i guess our lack of forwards and scoring forces him there, but again, he shouldn't be there. Just wish to see him flourish at full capacity and see what his true potential is.

JLT games just showed me it's not happening, however i did see signs of positivity with the n6/6/6 rules. started him this yea......the moment i see the change that's needed and required from all logical standpoints and he plays mid, he in for me, could become a monster SC player if so, plus win him a brownlow.

Really not sure why Tich is brought up here and comparing Bont? They completely oppposite in almost every aspecct here, both as players and scorers for SC. So can't see why you compared?

I guess the crux of my point is that more possessions equals more reliability in scoring. If you look at all the other blokes above 600K as midfield selections and all of them you would bet on averaging approximately 30-35 touches a game. The nature of supercoach is player comparisons based on position, price and their output. Since supercoach does class him as a midfielder - that's who he gets compared against. No doubt Bont can pump out massive scores from fewer possessions at times, I had him years ago when KOTD Bont was in full swing and no doubt he has the potential to be a huge scorer.

Anyway I still think he's a fine selection, I just think other blokes represent a bit more value in terms of price. Ironically if Bont had played a bit more time forward and got classed as a fwd/mid he would be in 100% of teams. That's just the way it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scored 117 in JLT2.

Obviously some type of role change last year, what role do you see him playing this season?

Could be a sneaky POD to pivot off Toby Greene at that price range, rarely misses games which appeals.

Played injured last year. Has had a full preseason and in smick condition.

Scored 117 in JLT2.

Newnes is my big POD this year. Look at his first 4 games, his price will go up and then you can decide if he's a keeper or a quick upgrade to someone who might have had a slow start

IMG_4503.JPG
Forward line is that s**t for rookies that I’ve grabbed this juicy POD at f5. Will destroy whoever Saints put on him, and we have a pretty easy schedule for the first 5-6. Can see him averaging 85-95

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 635381
Forward line is that s**t for rookies that I’ve grabbed this juicy POD at f5. Will destroy whoever Saints put on him, and we have a pretty easy schedule for the first 5-6. Can see him averaging 85-95

He would be Gold Coasts number forward now but I dont see a breakout happening.

View attachment 635381

Gold Coast just won't get the forward 50 entries required for him to maintain an average of 85.

You're burning your cash.

Back