2019 PODs

How many PODs are in your starting team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendles scoring looks pretty saucy this jlt, could be one final season of 110+ in him and sel?

I reckon he’ll score very well until Adams returns, and then just drop a bit once that happens so depends if you’re okay with that and sideways Pendles to an elite premo if he’s gone up $50-$100K when Adams returns. That’s the main reason I don’t have Pendles though.

Jelwood could be a fantastic POD in his new wing role if you’ve got big ballz.

I reckon he’ll score very well until Adams returns, and then just drop a bit once that happens so depends if you’re okay with that and sideways Pendles to an elite premo if he’s gone up $50-$100K when Adams returns. That’s the main reason I don’t have Pendles though.

I'm gonna give him a go.......balls aint big, but at 59yo the sack is long

Nice work deflectiing everyone away from ur POD Taranto. I still havent forgotten he went huge in JLT 1.

Jokes aside though. With Ward out for a while, not sure whats happening with Hopper or Jelly, He is basically Cogs 2IC for their midfield brigade.

Nice work deflectiing everyone away from ur POD Taranto. I still havent forgotten he went huge in JLT 1.

Jokes aside though. With Ward out for a while, not sure whats happening with Hopper or Jelly, He is basically Cogs 2IC for their midfield brigade.

So more likely to be tagged

Taranto? Surely that honour goes to Jelly or Cogs first. Cogs is super damaging as he is a goal kicker too.

Taranto has a bit of that accumulator/tackler vibe, but early to say for sure.

Possibly

I'm not sold on Taranto

Tbh I don't think Giants will make top 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha don’t have Taranto anymore so you can mention him as much as ya like :devil:

Jack Steele is where it’s at now :moustache:

My new mid price madness midfield -

Cogs, M.Crouch, Brayshaw, Steele, B,Crouch, Rocky, Sheed, Walsh

More like....

tenor.gif

LOL!

Seriously though this midfield could go off big time if they all keep up their JLT form.

I dont mind the first 4. U only wanna take 1 of rocktrap crouch or sheed though. Then again these picks always seem to work out for u so what do I know.

It’s solid, but you will run into massive cash generation issues due to the lack of rookies and also wont have as many keepers across your team, meaning you need to burn more trades.

I've got all the rookies though on my bench and D6 (Clark), M8 (Walsh) and F6 (Setterfield) on the ground.

Only one I am really missing is Butters who I might grab as a correction trade for my worst performing mid pricer mid if he is worth it.

May not have as many keepers as others but I am betting for my mid pricers to take advantage over teams that have more rookies on the ground than me (only have 3)

Wont be hard to upgrade Rocky, B.Crouch and Sheed if they even play well for the first 7 or so games but then drop off so similar to having rookies anyways but they will score better than a rookie at the same time.

Last edited:
I dont mind the first 4. U only wanna take 1 of rocktrap crouch or sheed though. Then again these picks always seem to work out for u so what do I know.

Fortune favors the brave my friend. :moustache::thumbsu:

Yeah I am happy with the first 4 mids.

Thing is with picking mid pricers you want to pick them all so you don't miss out on the break out ones.

I can always down grade 1 or 2 of them for rookies like Butters, etc after round 2 if necessary.

Just too hard to know who will end up as a keeper out of Rocky, B.Crouch and Sheed which is why I decided to go with all 3. Haha!

Last edited:
Fortune favors the brave my friend. :moustache::thumbsu:

Yeah I am happy with the first 4 mids.

Thing is with picking mid pricers you want to pick them all so you don't miss out on the break out ones.

I can always down grade 1 or 2 of them for rookies like Butters, etc after round 2 if necessary.

Just too hard to know who will end up as a keeper out of Rocky, B,Crouch and Sheed which is why I decided to go with all 3. Haha!

Good luck. I like the theory but PODs tore me 2000 new aholes last year. This year when I inevitably curse the spuds I pick its gonna ones the most others own so I wont be alone in my suffering.

Good luck. I like the theory but PODs tore me 2000 new aholes last year. This year when I inevitably curse the spuds I pick its gonna ones the most others own so I wont be alone in my suffering.

Just feel like trying something different this year.

I get bored having the same players and structure as everyone else.

This is the year if any to try something different I reckon due to so many potential break out mid pricers out there.

I will either end up a zero or a hero. LOL!

I've got all the rookies though on my bench and D6 (Clark), M8 (Walsh) and F6 (Setterfield) on the ground.

Only one I am really missing is Butters who I might grab as a correction trade for my worst performing mid pricer mid if he is worth it.

May not have as many keepers as others but I am betting for my mid pricers to take advantage over teams that have more rookies on the ground than me (only have 3)

Wont be hard to upgrade Rocky, B.Crouch and Sheed if they even play well for the first 7 or so games but then drop off so similar to having rookies anyways but they will score better than a rookie at the same time.
Agree in parts, but you won’t have as many rookies gaining way more $$$.

You’ll be burning sideways trades as well for more players to become keepers as well, but I’m all about it... I love taking risks and picking breakout type players.

FYI I currently have BCrouch & Rocky in the mids as well.

Just feel like trying something different this year.

I get bored having the same players and structure as everyone else.

This is the year if any to try something different I reckon due to so many potential break out mid pricers out there.

I will either end up a zero or a hero. LOL!

Yeah I am trying something different this year too. Not being s**t.

Back